Author Topic: First Time for this kind of insult.  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
First Time for this kind of insult.
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:46:40 AM »
So yesterday evening I was flying some Lancs in support of a Vbase attack. I dropped all four hangers and decided to drop alt and help mop up enemy gv's. I found one M4 and dropped some bombs on him, but I forgot to change my salvo to one and ended up dropping my last six bombs on him. As soon as he was dead, the pm's started. I was called some choice names and told that I needed to get some class. I broke the rules of "sportsmanship" for the game and I was supposed to let the tanks fight it out.

People need to relax. Im sure you have figured out by know you dont die in real life. Dont tell someone they need to "get some class" when your the one sending pm's name calling and whining about getting killed in your cartoon tank.

I will dig up the last "read me" file from the last AH patch and see if there are "rules of engagement" posted in there. Im sure I wont find any, but until there are rules, stop sending pm's when you die. It just makes you look like a child.

Atleast he gave me something to post in the "post your funny pm" forum post.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: First Time for this kind of insult.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »
Yep, some people are bad. I restarted my subscription and upped for the first time in three of four months. The first con I come across is an F4U. I engage and make BnZ attacks on him, knowing he will out-turn me. Eventually I gave up everything on a shot that didn't finish him off. I overshot and he got me shortly after. Of course, not ten seconds later he was PMing me, despite the fact he won.  :rolleyes: :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »
killing GVs with a formation of Lancs is very gamey, and certainly not classy.

thats just my 2d, but its your $15/m ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
So yesterday evening I was flying some Lancs in support of a Vbase attack. I dropped all four hangers and decided to drop alt and help mop up enemy gv's. I found one M4 and dropped some bombs on him, but I forgot to change my salvo to one and ended up dropping my last six bombs on him. As soon as he was dead, the pm's started. I was called some choice names and told that I needed to get some class. I broke the rules of "sportsmanship" for the game and I was supposed to let the tanks fight it out.

People need to relax. Im sure you have figured out by know you dont die in real life. Dont tell someone they need to "get some class" when your the one sending pm's name calling and whining about getting killed in your cartoon tank.

I will dig up the last "read me" file from the last AH patch and see if there are "rules of engagement" posted in there. Im sure I wont find any, but until there are rules, stop sending pm's when you die. It just makes you look like a child.

Atleast he gave me something to post in the "post your funny pm" forum post.

He was upset becasuse he failed to follow the rule requiring air cover for any ground defensive or offensive.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »
He was upset becasuse he failed to follow the rule requiring air cover for any ground defensive or offensive.

Its understandable on the GV'ers part, people like Cane go around bombing Gv's all day just to land 2 kills, which if there's no push on a base why the
heck do you even need to bomb GV's? Very gamey to use lancs on Gv's, however seeing the bishops enjoy running 200 Lancs over a V-base its understandable for their strategy.

I only wish I upped a 262 when I seen those lancs.
JG 52

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »

killing GVs with a formation of Lancs is very gamey, and certainly not classy.

thats just my 2d, but its your $15/m ...
Well as AH IS a game ,i guess saying something is "gamey" fit's. Your in a GV and lanc's are carpet bombing get in a fighter and deal with them.

I will say that's why i would like to see a small perk cost on bombs.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:08:15 AM by Skuzzy »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »
lol.

Last week i was on the ground trying to defend a gv base against the knits at the top of the map. killed this guys panther twice in an m4. He raged, upped a set of lancs, and was going in to drop the VH's.

I had landed my kills, and was upping a pony out of a close base. flew over, ran into his low 3k lancs as he was attempting to carpet bomb. Dove at an angle lighting up his wing, ripped it off but as i was pulled in, his drone came out of nowheres and i ended up crashing into it.

Funny thing is, the kid had his salvo set at max 14 and didnt know it. plus he was in the bombsite trying to drop on one of the vh bases.apparently i shot his wing off just as he was pushing drop. not only did he drop ALL his ords, but he also missed the vh base cus i screwed him up.

He then proceded to pm me, call me a HO'er and a rammer of his lancs. said i was a disgusting part of this game, and i needed a life  :headscratch:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Carpet bombing GVs in low alt heavy buff formations is uber lame, IMO. Nothing at all wrong with bombing GVs in general, excepting maybe a good spawn battle.  Bombing tanks and Wirbles - especially Wirbels - is way better than blowing up cartoon buildings.  :x
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
if you cant take being killed in the game then get the hell out of it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
if you cant take being killed in the game then get the hell out of it.

Or just fly 29s at 35-40k, with a gunner and the extra ammo, take off from and land at the base farthest from the enemy your country has got, and bomb the closest enemy base.

Tada!!!

:D

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »

That's when you know you've done your job right!   :aok  <S>
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »
Well as AH IS a game ,i guess saying something is "gamey" fit's. Your in a GV and lanc's are carpet bombing get in a fighter and deal with them.

Point is GV'ers can't just pack up and go somewhere else if they wanna GV. Really you need a double spawn or close Vbases to have a good fight. Bombers, on the other hand, can just go to a different base, and bomb somewhere else.

You're saying "touch chit, you're not allowed to have a good GV fight".  People always say "well, its their $15/mo". So what about MY $15/mo. I've been with AH for 7 years, I think I'm entitled to an undisturbed GV fight.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
just wait til u kill lled..
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
you're right........you do need to relax. it's not the m4 driver here whining on the bbs, but rather the schmuck that used heavy bombers to kill a single tank.......so ya.....relax.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)