Author Topic: First Time for this kind of insult.  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: First Time for this kind of insult.
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
Bridge overpasses make good bomb shelters.

I suggest you grab some like minded individuals and practice your bounding overwatch.

Shoot, communicate, move on out. If you are static when the planes show up, you are dead.

More shooting and moving, less pitching and moaning.

:salute

EDIT: Camping is for pukes.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:49:47 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
OK, question: how many of you are speaking from experience of more than occasional sorties in a tank?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
I don't get the biasedness against tanks. Are you afraid they'll swarm over your fields and camp the runways if you don't bomb the hell out of them?

:headscratch:.....yes i am afraid of what they can do... thats why i bomb them to prevent them attacking... and if they come back again.. i will bomb them again... till they either get into a plane to claim back their kills (i shall not name names belial...ooops) or they request air support to clear skies... then i got a problem... what you're asking is for me not to attack you.. my point is... what if you win the attack in gvs??  we should bow down in defeat? and surrrender the base to you? cos we can't bomb you rite? ..... like king leonaidas once said.. i"ve got a knee problem that prevents me from bowing...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »
In what context are you using that quote? Are you talking about your airfields under attack? Fine bomb us.

But we have swarms of aircraft that up to defend a GV base from a (percieved) attack. A lot of times some of us tankers will go "hey, lets go stir something up at v***". To our pleasure, we have a couple of panthers up. We kill some of them, they kill some of us, and then my buddy FBJunior says "aw crap, we got a stuka here".

Point is leave us alone and we generally leave you alone.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »
Tank you really are missing the point. A lot of people play this game to actually kill as many red guys as possible and they don't care what the red guys are in. What you want is never going to happen unless you go to the DA with other tankers. So, you have two options, air superiority or the DA.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »
Whats the GV hangers on your fields for if you're not going to up a tank to kill me? Its not really the death that bothers me, or even the loss of perks when you get right down to it. What bugs me is that I, personally, had nothing to do but hope someone else takes care of it. I'd be fine with rocket attacks. Those are possible and you stand about a 50/50 chance of dodging or avoiding it.

All rockets are perfecly capable of killing any GV in the game. I've killed panthers with HVAR's, Tigers's with 4.5"ers, panzers with the 60lbers, and I've even seen a panther killed with a 110's WGr 21's which are air to air rockets.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
Whats the GV hangers on your fields for if you're not going to up a tank to kill me? Its not really the death that bothers me, or even the loss of perks when you get right down to it. What bugs me is that I, personally, had nothing to do but hope someone else takes care of it. I'd be fine with rocket attacks. Those are possible and you stand about a 50/50 chance of dodging or avoiding it.

All rockets are perfecly capable of killing any GV in the game. I've killed panthers with HVAR's, Tigers's with 4.5"ers, panzers with the 60lbers, and I've even seen a panther killed with a 110's WGr 21's which are air to air rockets.

the point of hangers is for gvs to spawn out to battle wherever there is a chance to shoot some red... to help your own gv win... you give them air cover... help them push up or defend... cos its only the men on the ground to occupy that literally wins the day..what else can i say if your country mates does not support your push into enemy territory..except dun push.. and if you still really wanna push despite the odds against you... then expect to be bombed..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »
Whats the GV hangers on your fields for if you're not going to up a tank to kill me?

It's for people that may want to up a tank and fight, it doesn't mean it's a requirement.  You on the other hand do not want people to bomb your tank because you don't want to lose any perks from it.  That is classic "play my way" mentality, no matter how you try and excuse it.  You want people to play a certain way, if not then you don't want to be penalized for people playing how they want to play (i.e. bomb your tank) and not according to Jager.  Losing your perks when upping a perked ride is part of the risk.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:48 AM »
if bombing gvs from a 4 engine bomber made tactical sense it WOULD of happened in real life.   :old:  or wait.... did it happen  :noid

taking the chance of collateral damage away also the cost of the equipment and crew. what would the army do? if it works then do it!  :joystick:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2011, 06:53:38 AM »
A-20's are very effective at bombing GV's.   I always enjoyed bombing GV's.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BTHayze

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:36 AM »
What bugs me is that I, personally, had nothing to do but hope someone else takes care of it.

I mean, this is a team based game... Heaven forbid people use.. team work. How many times have aircraft called out GV locations for you? Your welcome. Also.. I know the squad I have been flying with (Pigs), they work pretty close with guys who up GVs and still work as a squad. So it is possible.

And some people.. actually do enjoy dropping eggs on ground targets.. so tankers do provide that vital role as well.  :devil

When it comes down to it... you know the risks of driving a tank. Planes will bomb you. That is how the current game is. You can tell other people that it isn't fair until you are blue in the face. But it doesn't change the fact that in the current state, bombing GVs is going to happen. Drive at your own risk, sir.  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »
In what context are you using that quote? Are you talking about your airfields under attack? Fine bomb us.

But we have swarms of aircraft that up to defend a GV base from a (percieved) attack. A lot of times some of us tankers will go "hey, lets go stir something up at v***". To our pleasure, we have a couple of panthers up. We kill some of them, they kill some of us, and then my buddy FBJunior says "aw crap, we got a stuka here".

Point is leave us alone and we generally leave you alone.

You realize your barking up the wrong tree. In a flight game your not going to stifle flight. What you are looking for is a game with no birds. I pointed you to one earlier. You'll enjoy the graphics too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BTHayze

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
You realize your barking up the wrong tree. In a flight game your not going to stifle flight. What you are looking for is a game with no birds. I pointed you to one earlier. You'll enjoy the graphics too.

Isn't it sad the top 4 threads in General are all about the exact same thing with the same people arguing the same points? lol Maybe we should get some consolidation. I think a new thread is in order!  :devil

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »
Isn't it sad the top 4 threads in General are all about the exact same thing with the same people arguing the same points? lol Maybe we should get some consolidation. I think a new thread is in order!  :devil

hear hear! :aok
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:10 AM »
If you're red, you're dead....it's about that simple.  After all, that is the game.  Anything else is philosophical and this game offers zero positive feedback for a player's philosophical successes.  I guess there is the way each person thinks the game should be played and then there is way it is.   The player that embraces the latter vs the former has a greater "fun quotient"
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba