Author Topic: Which Voice Would You Prefer?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Which Voice Would You Prefer?
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
  I'll be adding sound effects to my offline missions, as soon as the new AHII update is released.  From what I gather, the Mission Editor should
be fixed to permit the use of sound files in the offline missions.
I'll be adding a female voice to help guide folks through the missions.  I have the voice picked out, but here's where I'd appreciate some feedback.
Would you prefer her voice unedited, or with a slight echo added to it?
Here are two samples of her saying the same thing.  One normal and one with echo.  Voice Samples

I'll be hosting two versions of my offline missions.  Version 1: No sound effects.  Version 2: With sound effects.
Your opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Which Voice Would You Prefer?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:35:05 AM »
Both voices are good. I like the accent. I think the one without echo is a little easier to understand.
 :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08:34 PM »
No echo imo. 

Very nice touch though regardless :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
I agree guys, the echo was a bit much and made it hard to understand her.  I toned that way down.  Now that the Mission Editor has been fixed,
I'm currently adding the voice over to my missions.  (I'm not making her a chatty catty...)
Britain vs Germany is complete.  More will be uploaded today.
Click my signature link to access offline missions, with and without sound effects.
Thanks for the feedback. <S>

{NOTE} If your in-game engine sounds are very loud or you spawn right next to another aircraft on the runway and external engine sounds are loud, the voice may
be a little hard to hear.  It all comes together though, after take off. (it'd be nice to have an advanced volume slider for added sound effects.)

:cheers: Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
Just letting folks know that my missions are in the middle of an overhaul.  So far, five are completed with sound effects, and most have changes to
the mission itself.  The 'Britain vs Germany' has had the biggest change of all. (see the Read-Me file in the mission download for more info.)
I'm currently working on the remaining four missions that I have.  Endurance will be done soon.

So if you've downloaded my missions prior to 7/28/2011, those are not updated.  Click the link in my signature for the most current releases.
Thanks for trying them out.

Coogan  :cheers:
Game Id's:

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
Bravo 100Coogn  :aok

Updated the five(5) "FX" missions thusly making the game more enjoyable.  Thx 4 ur efforts & hard work, awaiting more in the near future.  :salute  :banana:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Bravo 100Coogn  :aok

Updated the five(5) "FX" missions thusly making the game more enjoyable.  Thx 4 ur efforts & hard work, awaiting more in the near future.  :salute  :banana:

Thanks Happy1, I'm glad you like the missions.  The count is now 7.  Six missions updated and a new one added.  Absolute Zero was
added last night.

<S> Coogan
Game Id's: