Author Topic: Custom arenas  (Read 1161 times)

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
Re: Custom arenas
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 02:08:03 AM »
You don't get to be that lucky--- but maybe one day... when spam or profanity isn't a issue for skins
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline DOG1105

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »

how to create an arena spit x 109?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
Will the custom arena have logs capability?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
how to create an arena spit x 109?

I'm sure someone will create an excellent user guide for arena settings. Until then, basically you use the fields option to disable all planes for all fields and then enable the spit at one field and the 109 at another.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »
Will the custom arena have logs capability?

The short anwser is no, but this was brought up during the beta testing as being a nice feature to add if they can( or something similar to logs).  

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
So now that custom arenas are included are we going to get a custom arena AH BBS forum?  I could see how this could make it easier for people interested in getting good numbers into their custom arena to advertise the custom settings for the arena and start/end times.

I like this Idea too,time will tell.

I'm sure if you wanted to promote your arena  you could always start your own web page or free forum.. It would be nice if they could stay here on AH main BBS.

As discoused in beta testing,the custom arenas will shut down shorty after the host leaves the arena we were told that they will not be 24/7 I believe because of security and server space reasons..

It will be hard to maintain a folowing unless you schedule hours of operation or something like that.

Unlike the MA or other 24/7 arenas like... AvA, Mid war, early war, da, etc... the custom arenas will unfortunately not always be available to you, making it difficult to maintain momentum..

That said if you make a killer arena with great settings, cool terrains and balanced setups... maybe it will be so popular nobody will ever leave and it will run around the clock :rock :D...
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
The short anwser is no, but this was brought up during the beta testing as being a nice feature to add if they can( or something similar to logs). 

It would be cool to have for the host player.  I would love to run some bomber competition type of stuff.  Logs enable scoring for those events.  Unfornutately, I don't have the free time to become a CM to have that ability in SEA1 and 2.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
That was include in this release along with  tab that shows you only the settings that have been changed.

That is awesome sir.

Any chance you can consider in the future allowing a user to buffer the online arena settings to the local so when he loads up offline (for that arena) that the PLN, FLD, DOD and VAR will be a mirror of the online settings for that Terrain instance-hosting?

:pray

Salute

Oneway
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:40:57 PM by oneway »

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 07:32:46 PM »

Soda,

What is the Long Answer?

==========

If HiTech ever fire up raw log capability on these special custom arenas, I have a program that I would be happy to share for free that can turn raw log output into meaningful data, as well as apply rule sets for the purpose of scoring.

I just need a crack at some current raw log data out put and the spectrum of log output choices to put the finishing touches on the program

Like I said...if it ever becomes available...I will finish it up and provide it free to anyone who wants it...huge time saver for CM's scoring FSO's and Scenarios.

One click on a log and a fraction of a second later the event is tallied and results spit out

All manner of statistical output is available using a form of Structured Query Language and includes output modules for BBS code, Html, formatted Text and CSV (delimiter of choice)

:pray
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:41:44 PM by oneway »