Author Topic: Custom arenas  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Custom arenas
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
what is this? :headscratch:
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: Custom arenas
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »
you are now able to set up and play in your own arena and invite people to play in your private playground
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Custom Arenas are the new version of H2H. Instead of doing it offline and away from HTC's quality control (and for free), it is an online option for subscribers.

You want to play with nighttime darkness enabled?? Create your own arena...

You want your own dueling environment that no will disrupt? Create your own arena...

You want to make a 'tankers only' arena, so you don't have to worry about bombers? Create your own arena...

etc etc
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:34:58 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
 :O
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
Nice we'll have to see what can be done to the maps.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
So now that custom arenas are included are we going to get a custom arena AH BBS forum?  I could see how this could make it easier for people interested in getting good numbers into their custom arena to advertise the custom settings for the arena and start/end times.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
Added custom player configured arenas.  This is a replacement to the old 8 player H2H feature.  The difference is that it is now hosted on our servers, is no longer free beyond the 2 week trial, and has the player limit increased to 16.  Custom arenas can also be password protected.  To access the custom arenas, click on the custom tab at the top of the arena selection menu.  Players can only have 1 arena created at a time and arenas will shut down 5 minutes after the last person leaves.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
Are you able to see what the custom arena settings are before you enter?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:13:39 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
Are you anle to see what the custom arena settings are before you enter?

I don't think so. The player could name it to give a clue, or [best practice] have a MOTD arena message pop up when you enter, which will list the major settings. There's been a suggestion for a custom arena BBS forum for advertising your custom arena; where you could list the day and time the arena will be available along with the settings.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »
Anybody actually got onto these arenas yet? I tried just now but when I click it, it's almost as if it is a dead link. Nothing happens. Anyone else having problems?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »
No problems joining a couple earlier
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Thanks Ranger, just wanted to check if it was on my end or HT's end. Question answered.  :aok
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
I don't think so. The player could name it to give a clue, or [best practice] have a MOTD arena message pop up when you enter, which will list the major settings. There's been a suggestion for a custom arena BBS forum for advertising your custom arena; where you could list the day and time the arena will be available along with the settings.

Though I haven't tested it, I would imagine only the Host who created the virtual arena has access to the arena settings

Another wish on the wish list is that all arenas allow players to inspect that arenas settings via a disabled menu (greyed out - can read / cannot edit)

No reason at all to not allow a player to browse through the Arena Setup and inspect what the settings are...even in the MA's

Would be great for special events to make sure that the Arena Setup is indeed set correctly per a write up as other sets of eyes can inspect the set up and inform the events host of any discrepancies such as object hardness, downtime etc

:aok

Oneway
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:05:47 PM by oneway »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:26:51 PM »
Though I haven't tested it, I would imagine only the Host who created the virtual arena has access to the arena settings

Another wish on the wish list is that all arenas allow players to inspect that arenas settings via a disabled menu (greyed out - can read / cannot edit)

Oneway

That was include in this release along with  tab that shows you only the settings that have been changed.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:17 AM »
are custom maps...and skins allowed? :pray