Author Topic: difference between ground help and bomb Tard  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: difference between ground help and bomb Tard
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 12:28:15 AM »
Quoted For True, I think.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 12:29:23 AM »
Quoted For True, I think.

thought so, hoped it wasnt the bad QTF

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 02:59:29 AM »
you know what this is... these guys up a tiger to beat everyone's tank on ground.... then here comes air support... bombs them... their ego take a fall cos they can't retailate... they have no where to express their feelings... so you get whines like this...i understand that... :aok everyone here went thru that at least once...if you wanna make it closer to fair? i guess make the bomb splash damage affect friendly gvs too...cos thats called close air support...

and it really is easy to kill gvs...withouot air cover... so GET SOME AIRCOVER!!
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 05:52:50 AM »
That being so, why should I loose perk points when you (an aircraft) drop bombs on me? Because I'm more threatening to GV's?

Because you lost your perked ride.

The only rules to this game are what the enemy can do to you, and what you can do to him...learn to play within that framework and you will avoid being disappointed.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 06:22:20 AM »
your facts are a little off, it takes more than 500 to kill a tiger, 500 to kill a medium tank like a Sherman. I upped a p40e a while back, dropped my single 500 perfectly on a tiger turret. It ran home smoking. 

This is not true!!

You can kill ANY tank if you hit it directly with a bomb...even a 50kg small bomb from a zeek.

A 500 lb bomb will kill ANY tank if it hits within about 15 feet.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »
This is not true!!

You can kill ANY tank if you hit it directly with a bomb...even a 50kg small bomb from a zeek.

A 500 lb bomb will kill ANY tank if it hits within about 15 feet.

really?? you can with a direct hit??? 50 kg works too???  on a tiger?? ok ok.... back to the drawing board :bolt:
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
you know what this is... these guys up a tiger to beat everyone's tank on ground.... then here comes air support... bombs them... their ego take a fall cos they can't retailate... they have no where to express their feelings... so you get whines like this...i understand that... :aok everyone here went thru that at least once...if you wanna make it closer to fair? i guess make the bomb splash damage affect friendly gvs too...cos thats called close air support...

and it really is easy to kill gvs...withouot air cover... so GET SOME AIRCOVER!!

What I would like to see is Kill Shooter on with the bombers.  In other words if you drop on a friendly tank, then you would kill shoot yourself. 

Fred 
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:47 AM »
What I would like to see is Kill Shooter on with the bombers.  In other words if you drop on a friendly tank, then you would kill shoot yourself. 

Fred 

i guess that works too...instead of having the gvs take the damage..
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »

Fred 

+1  And make it a little harder for the bombers to tell friend from foe.  Bombing gv's now is like clubbing baby seals.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »
For the guys in Panthers, its not about the actual fight, its about WINNING the fight.

fixed.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »
For gameplay purposes, it's too easy for planes to kill GVs.

Icons should be dropped, because a neon red icon from a mile and half away is visibility overkill, and because planes should have to make a few 1500ft passes to find the gv and keep an eye on them as they start an attack run.

I think this would give GV a chance to survive.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 08:17:56 AM »
For gameplay purposes, it's too easy for planes to kill GVs.

Icons should be dropped, because a neon red icon from a mile and half away is visibility overkill, and because planes should have to make a few 1500ft passes to find the gv and keep an eye on them as they start an attack run.

I think this would give GV a chance to survive.  :salute

They got obliterated IRL too.  Visibility may seem like overkill on your monitor, but my system is pretty good and GVs are very easy to miss without an icon.  I'd be willing to trade no icons on tanks for 3.0k icons on FLAKs, though.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »
They got obliterated IRL too.  Visibility may seem like overkill on your monitor, but my system is pretty good and GVs are very easy to miss without an icon.  I'd be willing to trade no icons on tanks for 3.0k icons on FLAKs, though.

Id be ok with the whirb icon.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »
I just came back today to aces high so im pretty much like a pilot with one bad eye and the other beeing made of glass, but what i really like doing is to up a hurri D and role play as i help locating GVs and also trying to get 40mm bullets on some tanks to track them and such. it takes teamwork since after a while people start upping flakkers and there is pretty much nothing a hurri D can do against a flakk and also nothing but dance against enemy figthers. a lot of people do not like hurri D fling and killing tanks... i guess it is far to easy and im far to dumb to get it because for me it is really dificult haha im such a noob.

I have no problem with Planes gunning tanks. It's very hard to do and makes the plane vulnerable to the tanks machine gun, or main gun. Survival rate of planes performing gun attacks on GV is very low.  :salute
Who is John Galt?