Author Topic: AA for GVs  (Read 812 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
AA for GVs
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
With all the complaints about "bomb****s" and such why not have some sort of AA slated for GVs? We all know "even if you're in a squad" to get AA help when you want to GV can be disappointing to say the least. I think for a perk price you should be able to attach an AI controlled m16, wirble, osti etc to your tank, it would stay within 100 yds of your vehicle no matter where you go untill it or you were destroyed. The AI support vehicle could only shoot at aircraft and not other GVs. I have no idea how difficult it would be to code. It could even be AI or manned by you!

JUGgler
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:27:35 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: AA for GVs
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »
Enable AI Wirbelwind formations!  Finally something I can get behind Juggler on!!! :rock
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »
screw that, what we need is manned ack throwers like puffy ack. Towed or self propelled. That would keep me a little at bay. Make it a 3 inch shell
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
Towed 88's?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
dont forget how the aa on the base stops everybody from vulching, so this single drone werbie will definitely help.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
dont forget how the aa on the base stops everybody from vulching, so this single drone werbie will definitely help.

^ This

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »
true, but they're larger guns, and there are a hell of a lot more of them. I'd say 2 wirblewinds, or a wirby and an ostie.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »

semp

Well since it is tardfully obvious you are sitting on "pins and needles" anticipating my next post, here it goes!
 I never said it would stop anything, but it might help the "lone" or 2-3 GVrs defend themselves vs the OVERWHELMING advantage that planes present to them!
Now, please be kind to my ankle and bring some aloe next time, it will help with the burn  TY

BTW if you vulched less the instances of said vulching would decrease  :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:20:29 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
actually what i was thinking, as stated earlier auto ack  would pretty much be useless a single one over town/base is easily killed and  it would only serve as a beacon pointing to your location to either tanks on the ground or airplanes up in the air,  if there was an enemy airplane over head.

a better idea would be let you be the gunner in the aawhatever gv.  no friendlies can jump in to help you gun.  you can still have an aa gun to help you protect your tank and it wont serve as a beacon to everybody with just shooting at some airplane flying by 3 or 4k away that is unaware of your position.

would be a nice thing to have so help in some really nice gv fights.  but in reality it would most likely be used by people to camp the runway while still have the tank to help with enemy tanks.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
Place a slight (very slight) perk value on upping both?

Maybe have it so you can choose upto 3 vehicles for a formation, to represent a platoon. You can choose 3 tanks, 3 flaks,  2 tanks and a flack, or 2 flacks and a tank.

So say a 3perk cost an a formation of 3 M4(76)'s? And you wouldn't have to limit it to the same tank. You could up a panther, an M3, and a wirblewind.

Formations including perk tanks of value greater than the Panther have a 5% charge on top of the total of the price.

Firefly's have a set value of 3 perks added to its current price

Let you give 2 commands to the vehicles: 'Hold', ordering them to hold possition, and 'follow' which will have them follow you at a distance of 400yds. If you go more than 3k away without gathering your vehicles, they detonate like bomber formations.

This would require you to closely husband your vehicles unless you want to loose your perks.

M4(76) and T-34/85 cost an additional 2 on top of the current price.

Free tanks and flackers have a perk value of 1.

Supply carring vehicles are a flat value of 4 perks.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:34:16 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
Stop trying to ignore the rest of the world. Problem solved. You can't operate tanks that way.

Along your line of reasoning, I don't want to be vulched. I want a magic ack buddy to follow me down the runway and isnta-gib anybody that dives on me before they can shoot 1 round near me. No, you know what? Have them magically fly along with me. Have the wirb match my spitfire or 109's exact manuvers shooting anybody that gets on my rear quarter automatically.

Yeah... Because that's what you're asking for, only for GVs. You see how selfish that is?

Frankly I'm beginning to think HTC made a bad move adding ANY GVs at all, what with all the "STOP KILLING ME!!!!" cries/wishes/posts/whines in the past weeks alone.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:11:19 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »
Considering the terrible AI the bombers have, I couldn't imagine how bad seeing an AI operated tank would drive.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »
Granted they would drive like a drunken 16yo, they would still be pretty nifty. I would pay perks not to have to drive 10 minutes on some of the longer spawns every time I die.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
Make it work like bomber drones. Be able to target aircraft from the commander's position, and the flaker shoots at him. However I would think the damage would have to be reduced. Still very effective, tho

Nice idea, +1
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74