Author Topic: AA for GVs  (Read 808 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: AA for GVs
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Towed 88's?
I can hear the whines now. :D ch200 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »
actually what i was thinking, as stated earlier auto ack  would pretty much be useless a single one over town/base is easily killed and  it would only serve as a beacon pointing to your location to either tanks on the ground or airplanes up in the air,  if there was an enemy airplane over head.

a better idea would be let you be the gunner in the aawhatever gv.  no friendlies can jump in to help you gun.  you can still have an aa gun to help you protect your tank and it wont serve as a beacon to everybody with just shooting at some airplane flying by 3 or 4k away that is unaware of your position.

would be a nice thing to have so help in some really nice gv fights.  but in reality it would most likely be used by people to camp the runway while still have the tank to help with enemy tanks.

semp

:aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »
Stop trying to ignore the rest of the world. Problem solved. You can't operate tanks that way.

Along your line of reasoning, I don't want to be vulched. I want a magic ack buddy to follow me down the runway and isnta-gib anybody that dives on me before they can shoot 1 round near me. No, you know what? Have them magically fly along with me. Have the wirb match my spitfire or 109's exact manuvers shooting anybody that gets on my rear quarter automatically.

Yeah... Because that's what you're asking for, only for GVs. You see how selfish that is?
Frankly I'm beginning to think HTC made a bad move adding ANY GVs at all, what with all the "STOP KILLING ME!!!!" cries/wishes/posts/whines in the past weeks alone.

:huh  :headscratch:    I don't use GVs but once in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong while

I just thought it might be a cool idea, I mean as I said getting folks to up wirbles to protect someone elses tank can be difficult to impossible to achieve.

BTW the boats have their own ack following them and any fighters around that happen to stay close enough, just saying! :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:06:18 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
Stop trying to ignore the rest of the world. Problem solved. You can't operate tanks that way.

Along your line of reasoning, I don't want to be vulched. I want a magic ack buddy to follow me down the runway and isnta-gib anybody that dives on me before they can shoot 1 round near me. No, you know what? Have them magically fly along with me. Have the wirb match my spitfire or 109's exact manuvers shooting anybody that gets on my rear quarter automatically.

Yeah... Because that's what you're asking for, only for GVs. You see how selfish that is?

Frankly I'm beginning to think HTC made a bad move adding ANY GVs at all, what with all the "STOP KILLING ME!!!!" cries/wishes/posts/whines in the past weeks alone.

LMAO  :rofl

Do you ever stop and think before you post or do you just post whatever BS pops into your head? The comparison you made makes no sense what so ever! This is NOT about planes being vulched and as far as I know wirbs and osties never flew (  :neener: ). All you did was twist an idea around to something that's not even possible. Nice troll, but try again.  :ahand
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »
How did Krusty get his "radioactive" status? Is that a legitimate member type or did Skuzzy make it up special for him  :lol?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »

Here's the deal, unless you've been in a Ground Vehicle enough - its really tough to say what the rest of us have been going through. Problems can be solved, assuming someone wants to correct the problems. What most tankers in Aces high will agree on is there is room for improvement and it could in fact be a pretty nice addition to the Ground War.

If HTC only wanted Aircraft's, it would probably lose out on quite an opportunity to expand the game even further.

Now saying that, If you spent an entire tour in a tank you can see some of the limitation and frustrations most tankers deal with, if its not someone flying 4 sectors in Lancs to carpet bomb you, its hills you can easily flip over on, Trees that with the slightest touch can flip you, or stop you either way, and finally certain spawns that can be easily camped by a few that could stop an entire horde of tanks.

Those whining about the situation really are not helping, while some here talking about "GV drones" are looking to find a reasonable measure to the problem at hand.

/GV Drones? I really am not going to touch this, in my opinion loss of Icon range for aircraft would probably be the best quick fix for Ground vehicles, not an entire loss, but as described before make the range limited so someone has to actually spot and target the vehicle.
JG 52

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
+2...?
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil