Author Topic: queston one the 190 turn  (Read 1561 times)

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
queston one the 190 turn
« on: July 30, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
was watchin some dofights episodes (death of the luftwaffe) and i was talkin bout the 190 down low on the deack bein able to outturn the p51d. i nkow that 190s can out roll 51s but can they out turn em i always had the notion that 190 cant turn with a lanc i mostly a midwar player but to late war 190s turn better. only thing i can think fo that would help the 190 is that he having way less fuel and / or the p51 lost critical parts

and also saw a piece about a p47 getting jumped by 2 109s getting hit in the rite wing and the wing catchin fire and still flying it for soem time after word and out flying both of em bringing into aspect the toughness of p47 and i do belive this model had wing tanks but dont think wing fires r modeled in here and most of the time firs means death in 6 or so sec
475th fg dgs
404th fighter group Winter SKy Deth ground
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: queston one the 190 turn
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
 :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
was watchin some dofights episodes (death of the luftwaffe) and i was talkin bout the 190 down low on the deack bein able to outturn the p51d. i nkow that 190s can out roll 51s but can they out turn em i always had the notion that 190 cant turn with a lanc i mostly a midwar player but to late war 190s turn better. only thing i can think fo that would help the 190 is that he having way less fuel and / or the p51 lost critical parts

and also saw a piece about a p47 getting jumped by 2 109s getting hit in the rite wing and the wing catchin fire and still flying it for soem time after word and out flying both of em bringing into aspect the toughness of p47 and i do belive this model had wing tanks but dont think wing fires r modeled in here and most of the time firs means death in 6 or so sec

You answered your own question right there! They get more wrong than they get right.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
190s can't quite match a P51s "turn rate" in the game I do not believe, but they can easily outmaneuver a P51 using a combination of roll rate, turning capability, and engine power.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
190s can't quite match a P51s "turn rate" in the game I do not believe, but they can easily outmaneuver a P51 using a combination of roll rate, turning capability, and engine power.

Gonzoville lists the 190d at full flaps as a few feet better than the p51D in game, in a straight up full flaps turning fight I can beat them in the turn, the time that takes depends on the quality of the opponent of course. A big advantage the p51 has is the ability to pop 1 notch out before the 190d I have found myself getting beaten in that situation were they keep the speed of the turn just above my flap deployment speed.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
That was the impossable odds episode wasent it? where the single p51 dove on over 40 190's, spraying&praying em. then 1 of the 190's engages the p51. The fight gets down to the deck, the pony lights the 190 up a little, then  the 190 slams into a barn?

Your thinking of the "legend of y29" episode. When the p47 had its wing lit on fire by 2 109's, then he used the slagheaps in an effort to dodge the 109's fire. until that p51 dove down to clear his six.

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »
no it was showin bout operation bodenplatte
475th fg dgs
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
no it was showin bout operation bodenplatte
...Y29 came under attack during that Luftwaffe operation. which is why the episode is labeled "legend of y29"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lW2nU4vRWM

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »
well i guess because or broader area of the attack
475th fg dgs
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
Depending on the speed, the 190A-5 can out turn almost any plane in the game. Its just a matter of getting the other plane either too fast, or too slow.

Our 190A5 is, if I understand correctly, based off of a captured 190G-3. I'm not an expert on the 190's in general, and I know next to nothing about the later models, but, again if I understand it correctly, the result is that we have a 190A5 that is underpowered (they were limited to 1.45 ata at sea level, where ours is limited to 1.36 I think).

Regardless, the 190 is not a turn fighter. 190's have top of the line climb rate, acceleration, and roll. This suits them to BnZ fighting, since they can claw back energy, even if they lose some pulling out or during manuvering, and the roll is great for possitioning the nose during an attack.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Depending on the speed, the 190A-5 can out turn almost any plane in the game. Its just a matter of getting the other plane either too fast, or too slow.

Our 190A5 is, if I understand correctly, based off of a captured 190G-3. I'm not an expert on the 190's in general, and I know next to nothing about the later models, but, again if I understand it correctly, the result is that we have a 190A5 that is underpowered (they were limited to 1.45 ata at sea level, where ours is limited to 1.36 I think).

Regardless, the 190 is not a turn fighter. 190's have top of the line climb rate, acceleration, and roll. This suits them to BnZ fighting, since they can claw back energy, even if they lose some pulling out or during manuvering, and the roll is great for possitioning the nose during an attack.

If you mean "outturn" as in on the deck, stallfight wise you would be totally incorrect.   zero, Wildcat, spitfire, brewster, val, kate, i16, 109, ki84, niki, f6f, f4u, hurricane, are going to own it in those regards.  It is more maneuverable than some of these though.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Zero, spitfire, brewster, 109, ki-84, and hurricane all suffer at high speeds. Above 350, even 300 for the zero, I doubt that any of these can clearly keep with a 190, or any other high speed turner for that matter.

I give you the rest of them, with the exception of the I16 and N1K2, at very high speed (375+)
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »

Dogfights much? :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
The Spitfire, Brewster and Ki-84 will turn with, or out turn, the Fw190 at any speed, Tank-Ace.  The Ki-84 is most limited as it will lose control surfaces above about 475mph.  The Spitfire has to be careful not to turn too tight and break its wings.  The Brewster will bleed speed out fast.  None of them will be out turned by the Fw190 as they can all pull blackouts and beyond that it does not matter.

I am particularly puzzled at your inclusion of the Spitfire on that list as it had notoriously light elevators all the way up to compression.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
No, they won't. Ki-84 has some of the lowest tolerances for speed in the game. Spitfire, as you stated, has to be carefull at high speeds. Both can have some real trouble keeping with a 190 in a spiral-dive.

Brewster, I'll give you. I haven't flown it in a while, and I don't remember its handling characteristics very well.