Author Topic: Special Events Schedule August 15 - August 21  (Read 449 times)

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Special Events Schedule August 15 - August 21
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
Tuesday August 16th, 2011 10:00pm Eastern in SEA I - Aces High eXtreme Air Racing League - Season 24 Race 3. Hosted by Spammer.

On this day in history, 16 August, 1945, In Tokyo... The Emperor issues an Imperial Rescript (decree) at 1600 hours (local time) ordering all Japanese forces to cease fire. The Cabinet resigns. General Prince Higashikumi becomes the prime minister of Japan and forms a new government. He orders the Imperial Army to obey the Emperor's call and lay down their arms.
(This Day in History taken from onwar.com)
Race details can be found Here. AHXARL forums are located Here

Wednesday August 17th, 2011 10:00pm Eastern in SEA II – Snapshot ”Germany’s Greatest Ace” Hosted by 68Raptor

On April 26, Adolf Galland led six Me 262's against a flight of B-26 Marauders heading south toward Munich. Galland approached the twin-engine medium bombers from the front, passing over them and then turning back; he would attack from the rear, in the prescribed manner. Galland released the safety on his rockets and 30mm cannon as the enemy's tail guns began to blink balefully. Tense and excited as usual in combat, he lined up his rockets on the rearmost Marauder. I was in the best firing position he said later; I had aimed accurately and pressed my thumb flat on the release button--with no result, Maddening! He had forgotten about a second safety on the missiles.
Snapshots are walk on events hosted in the SEA II, and all are welcome. Forums are located Here.

Friday August 19th, 2011 11:00pm Eastern in SEA I - Friday Night Squad Op's Frame 3 of Decision at Dunkirk . Hosted by 68Lurch, Admin – Nefarious
FSO is a squad based event that is always recruiting. If your squad is interested in participating in FSO please check out the forums Here

Sunday August 21st, 2011 8:00pm UK/3:00pm Eastern in SEA II - Sunday European Campaign hosted by Unclekurt. SEC’s Frame 3 of “Contingency 28”.
SEC is an event loosely based on historic military actions. Sunday European Campaign info can be found Here. SEC forums are located Here

Sunday August 21st, 2011 9:00pm Eastern in SEA I - Heavy Metal Sunday - Enduro S4R1. Hosted by Marshal/KAZ.
6:00 Pacific
 7:00 Mountain
 8:00 Central
 9:00 Eastern

**THIRD SUNDAY EVERY MONTH** (off June and July)

!!!THIS MONTH IS RACE ONE OF THE FOURTH SEASON!!!

Endurance Air Racing. Similar to the the AHXARL in function and form.
Heavy Metal Sunday adds the elements of refueling, unlimited re-ups, andnumerous amounts of laps.
Each race (one a month) has a different aircraft chosen by the previous months winner.
We are on season 4.
Check out our forum for the season points winner trophy pictures.
All Welcome!
Individual event info for Heavy Metal Sunday can be found Here .  Track layout and discussions on the individual HMS events can be found in the HMS forums Here
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:52:11 AM by 68Raptor »
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers