Author Topic: P-51D-10 55th FG/338 FS "KATYDID"  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
P-51D-10 55th FG/338 FS "KATYDID"
« on: July 31, 2011, 04:03:43 AM »
I know it's a bit much asking for more P-51D skins with so many ready and in the works. I really want PAC/CBI skins worked in ahead of the others. That being said, if a slot comes open or is left over I request this aircraft flown by ace Col. Elwyn G. Righetti.

http://www.station131.co.uk/55th/Pilots/Righetti%20Elwyn%20G%20LtCol.htm

I love this Mustang. What are your thoughts?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:24:55 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: P-51D-10 55th FG 338 FS "KATYDID"
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »
why is it we can have boobies on the side of our planes but not on the forums?  :noid

...oh, and nice plane  :aok  :P

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »
...oh, and nice plane  :aok  :P
She is pretty sweet. We may be P-51'ed out around here though. :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-51D-10 55th FG/338 FS "KATYDID"
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:48:26 PM »
It's.... "okay".... But we already have one with a full green tail (not just rudder) that IMO looks a bit better.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
She is pretty sweet. We may be P-51'ed out around here though. :D
Is it weird if i say the green&yellow nose makes me think of it as a john-deere looking mustang?  :noid

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »
It's.... "okay".... But we already have one with a full green tail (not just rudder) that IMO looks a bit better.
Not really the point but I had no doubt you'd swing by and look down your nose at it.

Is it weird if i say the green&yellow nose makes me think of it as a john-deere looking mustang?  :noid
Not wierd at all. :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Not really the point but I had no doubt you'd swing by and look down your nose at it.

Aren't you supposed to be trolling the O'Club forum?

I was not looking down my nose at it. The fact of the matter is we had so many P-51 skins backlogged that we still may yet have many free slots let. Many of those will be similar in some way. We already have a nice green tailed skin for the P-51.

Under the same logic, I wouldn't want to skin 50 different Bf109s with yellow noses to show all the tiny minor variations. Just a handful will cover most of the basic markings and will get the job done.

Not really the point? It's exactly the point. While we don't have that many PTO/PAC skins in game NOW, there are many that have been submitted and the screenshots shown. One of them was just recently, but the search is disabled (I can't give you a forum link). It's an all-green tail P-51 from Okinawa, I believe. I think that does the job better and is already created and submitted.

So how is that "not really the point"?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
So how is that "not really the point"?

It's about the pilot and his plane you self righteous windbag. Not whether we have a plane with a green tail already. Sorry, but I'm never going to buy in to your belief that everything in AH has to be run by you first..

Not really the point? It's exactly the point. While we don't have that many PTO/PAC skins in game NOW, there are many that have been submitted and the screenshots shown. One of them was just recently, but the search is disabled (I can't give you a forum link). It's an all-green tail P-51 from Okinawa, I believe. I think that does the job better and is already created and submitted.
Did you even stop to notice this isn't a PTO P-51, or were too caught up in talking down to me because I don't belong here?

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 12:27:18 AM »
I think the custom kill marks are worthy by themselves!!!
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:21:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »
Agreed :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »
Did you even stop to notice this isn't a PTO P-51, or were too caught up in talking down to me because I don't belong here?

Matter of fact you really don't (in my opinion), IF this is the only way you can post. If you can hold a discussion without resorting to insults (I remain unconvinced with your past record) then you may belong here.
Has nothing to do with me. Has to do with how YOU behave.

I guess I was just thrown off by your own words when you said: "I really want PAC/CBI skins worked in ahead of the others" and presented this skin. For my part, I will say "sorry" for the O'club crack, but you jumped off the handle from zero-to-insult in 0.0 seconds. It is unwarranted and undeserved.

Contrary to how you want to put words in my mouth and spin insults against me, I don't pretend to run things around here. YOU like to pretend you have some authority, though. You fall all over yourself every time you can to insult me. I assume this goes back to the AvA forums and the insults I receive there? (Note your subtitle under your forum ID)  You and the muppet cheer squad pals stormed this forum not too long ago and let's just say the noise you introduce is more than the signal you send. Mostly ego massaging unhelpful posts, attacking me for critiquing Ink's skin, but I notice not the other half dozen skinners saying the same thing.

Based on your own phrasing/wording of the original post, I took it to be a PTO skin. Mystery solved. No fault of mine.

That is true. They do have a "charm" of their own.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 01:01:48 AM »
I do hope these tangents don't annoy the regulars too much. I'm getting tired of the insulters migrating to the skins forum, and am feeling the need to defend myself repeatedly from unwarranted attacks.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 01:10:39 AM »
you guys just like throwing fireballs at eachother, both of you knew what eachother meant with their posts.

the first guy liked a skin and posted it up here

then the other guy comes and says "well... there are a lot of different skins for the pony out there and one guy just took the work to send one skin that looks like this one so it wouldn't be nice etc etc.."

and then instead of diying here with both guys agreeing that it is a good paintscheeme but there is no reason to make it at all you just act like 5 years old lil guys :D and well the public likes it, you guys like it.
Personally I like the skin but if that's the case that we have a limit for skins and there are a lot of different choices out there, there is no reason for making it but also no reason to shoot at someone who found a skin. nothing of these would happen if we had like 500 skin limit.

:noid    wish?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:15 AM »
Few things.

First of all the pilot of this plane was a great leader and a tragic loss.  The exact cause of his death was never confirmed but he made it down alright.  Its a famous aircraft and worthy of inclusion in the over all scheme of things.

Secondly.  This would be the second 55th FG skin.  Cactus recently added one.  Nothing wrong with that as the color scheme is completely different.

Thirdly.  I think this has been done before.  The search function isn't working for me right now however.  I thought Raven had done it way back when before he disappeared for a time.  He may have never submitted it.  I know he did another 55th FG skin in the same relative time period but it had a upper fusalage OD green with a plain metalic swoop on the lower nose.

Lastly.  Krusty I supported you in that other matter, and you know I don't beat on you like some on here for the kick of it, you have definate contributions to the skinning community.  However your continued ignorance as to USAAF paint schemes and markings does you a great disservice.  A "green tailed" P-51D is far from the same as this skin.  Please.. posting a comment isn't always the best move before checking into it.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.