Author Topic: Player Controlled Fleet No Name Listed  (Read 326 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Player Controlled Fleet No Name Listed
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:23:32 AM »
Player had control of the fleet, yet no name was listed under task group.  2 sets of bombers within minutes of each other went over head as the player controlling the fleet held it straight on course.  There were only 3 other Rooks on at that time with lower rank than my own.  Several requests to turn.  Several in bound bomber alerts given.  Still one of the 3 other Rooks with rank lower than my own landed 3 kills as the 2 main ships were destroyed without the fleet having changed course in at least 5 minutes.

This IS a bug, because it should never occur.  This was not the first notice in the past two days.  I attempted to gain control of a fleet I needed to land on, to keep unintentional players from turning it to some place, somewhere they thought it belonged.  No name was listed in the task controll box.  Yet, just as I touched down the fleet turned as a fellow countryman was on chat saying that I was trying to give away the fleets position.  He admitted that he had been in control of the fleet and defending it for the last couple of hours.

Without the player's name displaying properly, there can be no reasonable communication with the skippers.  In an area, where the game developer squelches players that switch and spy CV locations, one would think this "stealth" bug would be worthy of at least of this one post.  :salute

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Player Controlled Fleet No Name Listed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:32:02 AM »
yeah this is annoying. iirc it happens when the commander logs out, the CV command isnt released. I thought it was possible to retake command if your rank was higher than the logged-out commander but having failed to take it over with rank in the 20s I'm not so sure now ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
Not sure that is what happened, because in at least one case I had a conversation with the player that had control.  :headscratch:  Maybe someone logged out before and the blank task group control carried over.   :uhoh

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
I understood this blank commander thing happens differently.  I heard that if you log in, and someone has the task group, you won't see their name.  If someone else takes over, then you will.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
I understood this blank commander thing happens differently.  I heard that if you log in, and someone has the task group, you won't see their name.  If someone else takes over, then you will.

indeed.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »
Still a bug. It prevented me on two occasions from communicating with the skipper when it was crucial.