Author Topic: Need help with varmit  (Read 1436 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Need help with varmit
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
You know where I live.

Moronic?  Of course.

Where you live?  Not nearly as moronic.

Agreed, I posted that after reading another post, and didnt read down further. Hey, if ya ever need a place to shoot My buddie owns TargetWorld (10mins from ya) and I work there occasionally when he is short staffed or one of the FT gents is on Vacation, let me know. If you get time ill PM ya my cell#
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »
Trap the cats and put bells on 'em. Then send them back to the neighbor with a note in the collar saying "fork up for some food."

Bells aren't a good idea with the actual situation, though. The coyotes don't need help locating the cats (domesticated ones).

I guess what I'm saying is that my main concern is for the birds. Even domesticated cats are wonderful hunters.

Kill the coyotes, spay/neuter and bell the cats.
See Rule #4

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
I am curious, did your city change to using required 60 or 100 gallon trash cans lately? If so, the coyote's only food may be small animals and pets.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:42:00 PM by smoe »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
Maverick you didnt do a whole lot to address the problem.

Ive shot stray dogs and cats for causing a LOT less trouble than eating my pets.
Id have been hunting this guy a long time before now.
Please stick to something this man can use.

You seem to have a significant reading comprehension issue.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »
Agreed, I posted that after reading another post, and didnt read down further. Hey, if ya ever need a place to shoot My buddie owns TargetWorld (10mins from ya) and I work there occasionally when he is short staffed or one of the FT gents is on Vacation, let me know. If you get time ill PM ya my cell#

LOL, my dad goes there all the time  :aok

Small world   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
I guess what I'm saying is that my main concern is for the birds. Even domesticated cats are wonderful hunters.

Kill the coyotes, spay/neuter and bell the cats.

You're still missing the point. If you kill the coyotes, they'll still repopulate. Bells will only make the cats easier to find.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
U of A just finished a study here in AZ.  43% of a coyote's diet is house cat.....and no I'm not kidding.

Keep your critter out of harms way.

We used the dead rabbit recording thing to hunt coyotes, we gave up and just started walking back to camp, when we saw a coyote coming our way. Thing ran off we never saw a coyote in the area again. They are smart predators
Something to the idea of once they know they are being hunted they don't come around.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:11 AM »
U of A just finished a study here in AZ.  43% of a coyote's diet is house cat.....and no I'm not kidding.

Keep your critter out of harms way.

We used the dead rabbit recording thing to hunt coyotes, we gave up and just started walking back to camp, when we saw a coyote coming our way. Thing ran off we never saw a coyote in the area again. They are smart predators
Something to the idea of once they know they are being hunted they don't come around.

They'll get the idea real fast when one of their friends is hanging by his foot from a tree right off of our property line touching the lake property. We've had some scentlock that worked wonders when we went coyote hunting in South Texas last year. And we've got a pretty good call. I don't think these are too shy of people since I happened to run up on one outside my house, so hopefully we can get one or 2 in bow and arrow range.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
Dude just leave an Acme Catalogue outside your house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7G4pojdUM

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"