Author Topic: Tank Icons in Tower.  (Read 788 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Icons in Tower.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
I've been smoking the towers lately anyway.  You can't whine your way into winning against vTARD assault.

Sorry if that sounded arrogant.

It is.  You and your kind assume massed numbers = quality.  How wrong you are.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »
I wasn't referring to posted missions.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
ok but a tank rolling up on a feild unoticed is real? not 1 guy in a gun or hangar is going to raise question to a tank shelling things and tell ppl where it is? and no the f3 mode isint real and could be remove in tower...but moving trees are pretty easy to spot... and it still sits higher which does give it an advantage in which case 200 yards is sitting practicly ontop of the tower...i think 200 yards would be fair if it was around a structure so if the say t34 is 201 yards away from hangar its not ID'd but when its 199 it is to make up for the lack of personel

As soon as you explain how you can identify the tank without visual conformation on it, then I'll give you the point. If the guy in the tower can't see past the trees, he gets no icon.

If you're that close to the field it is for vulching and nothing else. How does that promote gameplay? Leave icons and increase the ack to prevent this from happening.

I find it rather comical when I ask a tanker, "What would happen if no one destroys your tank?" The response (at least the serious ones) consist of, "I'll go to the airfield and park my tank at the end of the runway or behind the VH." Until that changes, I'm proud to be a bomb tard.

destruction of ordnance, radar, fuel, etc. possibly to destroy the hangers at a small field. Camping and vulching is a survival thing. If you see something upping to kill you, you're going to shoot at it. Why would you let him go, so he can climb out and bomb you?

Leave the ack alone, its (somewhat) realistic as it is.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »
Camping and vulching is a survival thing. If you see something upping to kill you, you're going to shoot at it.

I rest my case... here is to looking forward to egging you in the near future.  :cheers:
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
Love the anti-gv mentality here. So, nerf tank's abilities to attack airfields, which they already have a hard time doing. Keep icons and F3 mode for the tower, so they can be spotted from unrealistic distances.

Yup, sure sounds like you have things strait  :rolleyes:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »
ok your right there if the tower has no line of sight it should not get a tag/icon and by what i mean by being near buildings is... there would still be personel on the base so somone would see a tank rolling up and i dont think they would keep it to them selfs more or less simulate base personel by ID'ing the tank when its near structures(where ppl would be)

and yeah tanks have a hard time attacking a base no arguement there

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »
the issue is that it makes no more sense (well not much anyway) to give icons to the guys in the tower, but not to the tanks. If base personell see a tank, everyone will hear about it (tank crews included), not just the people in the tower (why do we have towers at vehicle bases anyway  :headscratch:)?

And the players are perfectly capable of identifying a tank without an icon. If they see a tank, but they can't tell what type it is, then they should have to up a tank or a field gun to figure it out. All that does is represent them running out of the tower, and grabbing a pair of binoculars to have a look.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »
I have to say +1 on this, no reason to see icons from tower and field guns.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
Lets just do away with GV icons all together, becouse the same rules for the tower should go for aircraft as well, correct?

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »
Personally, I'd be fine with it. If I take a stab at saying what type of tank it is outside of icon range, I'm right more often than I'm wrong. But to many people seem to think they can instanly identify a tank from 4000ft up flying by at 350mph. However thats neither here nor there, so meh, whatever.

But yes, I agree with you in principal.

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
All this visibility from tower as well as manned guns and I still routinely move to a base to find 8 friendly tanks driving off base to thier favorite spawns even as enemy tanks roll onto base less than 1500 from them.

Apparently, flanking by the enemy is not considered.

That said, icons or no icons are fine with me......I just shoot or check six all vehicles I see.