Author Topic: Dicta JUGgler AH2  (Read 7862 times)

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
Re: Dicta JUGgler AH2
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
double post
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:49:30 PM by Letalis »
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
Hold the phone everyone! If you don't play like Jugler wants he is better than you because of the list provided.
Please have a heart and make his cartoon life easier by committing to honor his dickta. You only think it's your 15 bucks. I'm sure he doesn't think he's better than you because he may have observed these heretofore unpublished standards of conduct and you may have not. I'm sure it may be difficult for some of you to muster the cartoon courage necessary to repeatedly spam the same fighter against overwhelming odds. Take consolation in the fact that you have more courage than your opponent and will be able to share that fact with them on 200.  Comments like "lame", "lol" and "tard" can be dished out at your leisure with a clear conscience.  This method of gaming will also benefit those of you who have a 5-minute attention span and think AH should more closely resemble such outstanding titles as "Blazing Angels" If you happen to be carrying out a base capture, you are to delay said plans to accommodate the gamey fun factor of the one "spawnspammer" who decides he should be allowed kills at that field. Have a heart, winning is for tards.  Thank you Jug for your insight. The source of your superiority and happiness are one and the same.

Idk why you posted this. If you dont like his dicta, then Assi's infamous Victa Boeltke is recommended for you. Without any offense.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
Here are my rules:
#1: My 15 bucks.
#2: It's their 15 bucks.
#3 Don't die if you can help it.
#4 Don't play AH like an Xbox, no vestige of realism will be left. That means no "bomb and bails," no  aircraft "spawnspam," and no reckless 1v20s on the deck. I submit it takes as much skill to build a 60-kill streak than it does to get a 2:1 k/d on the deck with a Jug.
#5 Kill all the red crap you can as fast as you can, it's your job.
#6 No vulching cons on the runway, it's safer to let them clear their ack :devil
#7 Avoid the HO, it will allow some noob to kill you.  (Exception: If you are deadstick 10ft off the deck in enemy territory and 1v5, let'em have it.)
#8 Contribute to the war effort.

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
Number five.
zomg
If you play like you said, dont wonder that you see all the players on the other side as "red crap", or they see you in the simmilar way. Even tho this new side switching sheme is moving towards this... but thats an other story.
AoM
City of ice

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
Here are my rules:
#1: My 15 bucks.
#2: It's their 15 bucks.
#3 Don't die if you can help it.
#4 Don't play AH like an Xbox, no vestige of realism will be left. That means no "bomb and bails," no  aircraft "spawnspam," and no reckless 1v20s on the deck. I submit it takes as much skill to build a 60-kill streak than it does to get a 2:1 k/d on the deck with a Jug.
#5 Kill all the red crap you can as fast as you can, it's your job.
#6 No vulching cons on the runway, it's safer to let them clear their ack :devil
#7 Avoid the HO, it will allow some noob to kill you.  (Exception: If you are deadstick 10ft off the deck in enemy territory and 1v5, let'em have it.)
#8 Contribute to the war effort.

Not bad.  :aok

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Number five.
zomg
If you play like you said, dont wonder that you see all the players on the other side as "red crap", or they see you in the simmilar way. Even tho this new side switching sheme is moving towards this... but thats an other story.

:headscratch: Trying to figure out whether this is a red herring or a straw man...

Be honest now, everything is "red crap" till a name pops up. If you don't think that red cons should die then you are clearly after a group hug in which case AH is not the place for you.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:19 PM »

If you don't think that red cons should die then you are clearly after a group hug in which case AH is not the place for you.

I have to agree with you here Letalis. It is not personal, it's just good business to kill red guys. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 04:19:56 PM »
#1- HO = Badform
      A: Never HO on 1st merge
      B: If not damaged by 1st merge HO allow your opponent the opportunity to redeam herself by realizing you DID
          NOT HO at the merge and continue accordingly
      C: If you've recieved damage or your female opponent HOd on the 2nd merge then by all means give her the
          "money face shot"! After all she is clearly asking for it

#2- VULCH = lame. It is NOT the "sport of kings", it is the "dance of queens"
      A: Never vulch
      B: Never vulch
      C: Never vulch

#3- CHERRYPICK AT THE EDGE OF A BASE= silly tardness.
      A: Never cherrypick the edge of a base, see vulching

#4- HORDE
      A: Do not join it
      B: Always fight against it

#5- COMMIT
      A: No matter the odds commit fully to your fight
      B: Never "skirt lift, panty soil, scramble to the vert". Commit yourself to the fight
      C: Running, If you run please COMMIT to it, DO NOT return to pik someone who just bested you

#6- Never enter a fight that you were not part of in the beginning, unless a friendly is out #d, this includes
      squadies! (they never ask for help anyway)

#7- ACK, IF your opponents are giving you room to move then NEVER run to it. IF they are cherryfesting you
      Then embrace it, become one with it. It is their silliness that forced the "ack hug"

#8- Become one with "JETRAGE"

#9- Never berate noobs for shabby gameplay, Always berate vets for shabby gameplay

#10- Survival is a poor excuse for timidness when there is so much revenge in the hangar  :aok   

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2011, 04:44:29 PM »
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
Idk why you posted this. If you dont like his dicta, then Assi's infamous Victa Boeltke is recommended for you. Without any offense.

Infamous?   :furious
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
There are legitimate issues brought up.  IE: Sure HOing is lame but you have to defend yourself, not whine to influence others.  There will always be HOers in the game, period. What's worse, the HO was employed in RL. There was no provision in RL to continuously reup another aircraft at a capped field.

The overtly implied corollary of Jug's post was to proclaim a "better way" than survivalist mentalities. I find such positions untenable in the face of equally "gamey" methods on the other end of the spectrum.

Hmm, I believe I never said my way was a better way, I also said "I don't think my idea is for everyone".
I merely articulated my thoughts with some flair and a tad inuendo. If you are truely offended (as it seems you are) maybe you should look to your own style for the answer to your frustration with me. If the "soft underbelly" of your guilt has been pinched by my post, well that is on you. Believe it or not "Not everyone plays shabby", I could name many many folks who "maybe unknowingly" practice most if not all of the same Dicta
Corky, Grizz, Kappa, Soulyss, Mir, Lazer, Bighorn, Changeup, Dodger, Ink, Irishone, Shuffler, Shemp, Plazus, 0lDemon, Tec, Scotch, Messiah (BK version), Killnu, Domin, Krup (atm lapdancius), Dedalos, on and on and on and on. All these doods have the same thing in common, they would trade a weeks worth of "same ol same ol for 2 hours of "involved, committed, tense, tardless action! So when I say vets should play to a higher standard maybe what I am not understanding is the fact you have no idea what I'm talkin about. If this is the case than we are at an impass.

As far as your comment about #8 "war effort", I truely wish there was some sort of "war" worthy of effort in this game, many of my squadies feel the same!

Again my attempt at offering up my thoughts "with a little troll involved" has yielded a hefty catch for so little effort.  I win  :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:12:49 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
"I don't think my idea is for everyone" is obviously true, but the purpose of the post was...??

I've at least seen Grizz's frustration with the war's depth and agree 100%.  Be that as it may I still want some semblance of context for a fight so I try to win the map.

Furballing for its own sake has not held my attention as it has others.  The 80th and Muppets have been some of the biggest critics of the 12hr change- you just want to find a good fight.  Understand 100% and its your 15bux. 

Believe it or not, I played the same way in WB that you do now.  I'd up a C205 or Hurri I 20-30 times in a row for the sake of 10-15 kills and get vulched before wheels up half the time. Was it "gamey?"  Sure.  Was it fun? Yep. So on these points there is no prob whatsoever. Did I ever complain about getting vulched? Maybe. Did I ever expect it to stop? Nope. Did I ever imply I was more courageous or honorable because I played a certain way? Nope. (FYI:There is no doubt in my mind that upping like that makes you a far better pilot faster than any other method, this was my main purpose at the time.)

Nowadays I take more pleasure in living than dying. Just as there is no cartoon courage, there is no such thing as cartoon timidness, only different play styles/goals.

The prob arises  when I'm pretty certain you've violated #9 or when you apply the "tard" label even implicitly. I don't kill guys on pavement. I don't need to, most anyone else is happy to do it. I will stop uppers from getting away and grabbing alt esp with a goon in the area. This is just common sense.  Now enter the opinion that the guy who spams from the runway has some kind of moral high ground.  The vulch and the horde are parts of the game that will never go away, just like Hoing they were part of RL.  The spammer is the guy who is "out of place" in this scenario.  It is tantamount to knowingly stepping off the curb with oncoming traffic and then complaining about getting hit.  Really?  You can do it if you want though, it is your 15. 

:salute

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »
Did I ever imply I was more courageous or honorable because I played a certain way? Nope.

You were though.  ;)

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »
" Did I ever imply I was more courageous or honorable because I played a certain way?
 :salute

Did I? Maybe you need to come to terms with something?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets