Author Topic: Slight Change to External GV Sounds  (Read 342 times)

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
Slight Change to External GV Sounds
« on: August 02, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
I'd like to change the sounds so that if you're in a GV with the engine running, you can't hear other GVs.

I was killed today in such a manner that made me wonder how he knew I was about to creep past a hedge in town, and that's when I saw the options for separate sounds for your own vehicle and external vehicles.  His engine was running the whole time, he was moving around, killing buildings, and I was slowly moving towards his position.

It seems that it would be easy to 'game' that setting by turning external vehicles up and turning your own vehicle sound way down.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Slight Change to External GV Sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »
 +1 :aok

Game the game features must be eradicated.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
I'd like to change the sounds so that if you're in a GV with the engine running, you can't hear other GVs.

I was killed today in such a manner that made me wonder how he knew I was about to creep past a hedge in town, and that's when I saw the options for separate sounds for your own vehicle and external vehicles.  His engine was running the whole time, he was moving around, killing buildings, and I was slowly moving towards his position.

It seems that it would be easy to 'game' that setting by turning external vehicles up and turning your own vehicle sound way down.

+1  Hey Mir, I did'nt recognize you, you are not smoking! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
+1  Hey Mir, I did'nt recognize you, you are not smoking! :rofl

lol ... you just missed it then!  I ran into an AFK plane, and along with hitting the oil, I pilot wounded myself.  :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »
+1
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »
+1 :aok

Game the game features must be eradicated.

do you not remember how many people cried when HTC took away the ability (briefly) to turn down your own engine and turn up enemy engine?

ahha.. found a thread from the time:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,293186.msg3738017.html#msg3738017

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:31:46 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
Kvuo is correct.  The most annoying thing about inability to turn sounds down is real life.  I love the immersion of feeling like the conditions in the game are near to accurate.  The problem occurs when my computer vehicle is making so much noise that I can't hear the phone ring, wife ack, or my daughter asking me for money.   :headscratch: On second thought.......  :confused:

The truth is that, engines roaring and machines creaking and clanking about, while listening out for vox clues or any resemblance of an actual real life outside of the game would drive me bat puke crazy.  Personally, I like to hear what my own vehicle is doing (running, bogged down, accelerating, etc.).  Past that, I find that I need to turn my engine off to gain any advantage from audio clues other than actual gun fire.  All that, and I can still hear DES screaming in my ear  :salute

-1 Even though I agree with the merit of your point of view, you are able to adjust your own sounds as loud as you would like. Try not to worry as much about how others play, they will always find ways to dissapoint you. 

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
Kvuo is correct.  The most annoying thing about inability to turn sounds down is real life.  I love the immersion of feeling like the conditions in the game are near to accurate.  The problem occurs when my computer vehicle is making so much noise that I can't hear the phone ring, wife ack, or my daughter asking me for money.   :headscratch: On second thought.......  :confused:

The truth is that, engines roaring and machines creaking and clanking about, while listening out for vox clues or any resemblance of an actual real life outside of the game would drive me bat puke crazy.  Personally, I like to hear what my own vehicle is doing (running, bogged down, accelerating, etc.).  Past that, I find that I need to turn my engine off to gain any advantage from audio clues other than actual gun fire.  All that, and I can still hear DES screaming in my ear  :salute

-1 Even though I agree with the merit of your point of view, you are able to adjust your own sounds as loud as you would like. Try not to worry as much about how others play, they will always find ways to dissapoint you. 

With due respect, your comments don't make sense in regards to what I originally wrote.

Where did I say anything contradictory to your first and second paragraphs?  It has nothing to do with sounds being so loud that you can't hear your wife, kid, or the phone, nor does it affect you hearing your own vehicle.

I don't worry how others play the game, but there are ways to make it better, thank you.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"