Author Topic: Malayan theater A6M2s  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Malayan theater A6M2s
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:18 AM »
Thank you guys. I've already submitted these and all the other skins I've done recently.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
Just for the record, I was unconvinced that it was orange. I was unconvinced that you could tell it was orange from those references, specifically. There are a number of possible variations based on those initial photos, including the one of the boneyard. In black and white it looks like another shade of grey. does that grey mean grey? Or green? It's similar to the center of the hinomaru, so is it bright red? No, surely not. You can interpret a lot from B&W but you cannot tell color. You can't even compare shades and say "it must be between this and that" because it doesn't come out that way in the photo compared to the subject.

My point was: I doubted the orange. One thing lends some logical support to the idea, though:

Skipping the translated caption, the interesting thing is the number codes are white as mentioned. You wouldn't put white on white. Or white on grey, even. Assuming it was some shade of light colored paint it would most likely be black codes.

To me, that logically says a lot more than black and white photos that don't convey true tone or color. Even though you can't tell what color, you can get a piece of the puzzle.

With all the above in mind, I'll admit it's quite possible the tail was orange, as depicted. I wouldn't have thought so without the above photo, though.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
that tail is clearly....yellow......... :neener:

I am just messin with ya :D

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

the interesting thing is the number codes are white as mentioned. You wouldn't put white on white. Or white on grey, even. Assuming it was some shade of light colored paint it would most likely be black codes.

Also explains why in two photos the 381ST aircraft have what looks like white numbers painted on the tails. If they painted a plain white number on that grey/green paint it would be near invisible.

I also think the guy who wrote this is wrong in regards to a white tail painted with white numbers? :headscratch: Why? well white on white is ahhh??? white.

So you would never be able to read them at all. So the tail has a third colour in play here other than white & the green /grey.

:huh Oh my gawd.

Déjà vu.

Welcome to the dark side Krusty.  :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 01:04:01 AM »
lyric, if you recall I was saying originally in the first photos posted it didn't even look like much of a different shade. Assuming it was green or a fresh coat of green, white made perfect sense (at the time), so you can see the photo really brought it back into the logical realm for me.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
lyric, if you recall I was saying originally in the first photos posted it didn't even look like much of a different shade. Assuming it was green or a fresh coat of green, white made perfect sense (at the time), so you can see the photo really brought it back into the logical realm for me.
That photo is why I started buying Japanese magazines. A lot they have over there is just starting to come to light as the Japanese veterans are dieing off & their belongings such as photos are being made public. Not that different to here in the west I would imagine.

The white tipped zeros have only come to light in the past 10 years & only seem to have been known about here in the west less than that. That Ki-67 that I posted is a prime example who would have believed nose art by the Japanese? I wouldn't have,as time passes I think a lot more unusual stuff will surface as personal belongings change hands.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »
I cant wait to watch that new skin burn  :t

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 04:14:23 AM »
Will you receive an email or something if these skins are accepted?  Or will it just appear in AH one day?  Gettin itchy to fly em... :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 02:23:10 AM »
HTC go through the skins they have received about three times a year. I believe Pyro does most of the checking to make sure they are historically correct and of a good enough quality. When a batch is being processed emails are sent to the skinners to say they have received your skin and are looking at it and then a week or so later they send you an acceptance or rejection email for it.

I'm not sure if they wait until they have received a certain number of skins or its just done when they have some spare time. However the last three batches of skins were processed 5,6 and 4 months apart and the last batch was three months ago. So if they stick with that frequency we are looking at another one to three months for the next batch to appear in the game.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:23 AM »
Ah, thank you.  I was curious how they went about with the skins.  I hope you get an acceptance email on these.  :salute
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.