Author Topic: Your DMV stories  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Your DMV stories
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:28:06 AM »
Some of us I'm sure have interesting stories from going down to the DMV and i wouldn't mind hearing some just for kicks. For example and this no lie, i failed my first driving test for going 10 mph under the speed limit.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: Your DMV stories
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:50:49 AM »
Crashed my first street bike on the way to the DMV to get my license.  Showed up with a bloody knee and a broken turn signal...  Passed the test, and got my license anyway.  Stupid sand.   :rock
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »
I havent been at the dmv since 1998.  before then it was in 92 and before that it was when i got my license in 1983.  i always did everything by mail.  all my licenses have been renewed automatically since 1983.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:48:16 AM »
[url http://youtu.be/RGjab76TJ3c [/url] :noid
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
[url http://youtu.be/RGjab76TJ3c [/url] :noid
I think raptor has been watching cartoon network a bit too much.......
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
Oh please this show was cancled many years ago

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
Oh please this show was cancled many years ago

i remember it, wanna be transformers.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
But more action packed the show was supposed to be on mtv

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
Some of us I'm sure have interesting stories from going down to the DMV and i wouldn't mind hearing some just for kicks. For example and this no lie, i failed my first driving test for going 10 mph under the speed limit.

i failed my first driving test, 'cause i sat at an intersection, waiting for a car to come through....the instructor said i waited too long.  :rolleyes:
 that particular instance was my second try, as the first time, when i went, we were in my grand pops 67 mustang. till that day, no one had told us that the emergency brake had to be in reach of the testing person.

when you go to dmv here in nj, you need 6 points worth of proof that you are a legal resident. even if you've been driving for 30 years previous to this rule, legally. one of those HAS to be your birth certificate. how many people do you know that can find theirs?
 when i called for a copy of mine(had to call philly, as i was born in the naval hospital there), i explained that i couldn't find my birth cert., and needed a copy. the lady on the phone tells me all i have to do, is to come to city hall, with a copy of my birth cert., and a bill from home with my name on it.

did anyone notice that? a copy of my birth cert, in order to get a copy of my birth cert?  :uhoh

my other option was to go to the website, enter my ss number, pay with a credit card, and a copy would be mailed to me. pretty secure, eh?

i could go on and on, but then people might start thinking i'm mean, and had missed most of lifes lessons, and all that.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
God bless drones and bureaucracy Cap...

If they only knew how mean I can be  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
I ramped a curb after acing the paralell park on my driving test......passed with a 92% second time around
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
and yet they let you fly airplanes... depth perception not all that important eh?  :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »
When I got my CDL-A I used a 1998 Freightliner Cabover similar to the one on the right...

My tester had a styrafoam cup of coffee and placed it on the doghouse and told me "If you spill my coffee you fail." Nervous??? Hell ya I was, I was so concentrated on making the turns that I did not concentrate on my shifting. Needless to say when I got back to the terminal I asked him how bad I failed. His replied by taking a sip of coffee out of his full cup of coffee. That was 1994, I have been driving truck ever since.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
and yet they let you fly airplanes... depth perception not all that important eh?  :D

I didnt even see it........the person doing my test was really fat and I was making a right turn, couldnt even see the curb.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
they were so fat, that they obstructed the windshield? :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)