Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16115 times)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
Here is the textbook defenition of whats wrong with the game. Cane and the like would be the illustration.

People care more about "winnen teh wARz, sos I can get mah free perks  :rock!!!!!" than about the fights.

"Winnen teh wARZ" was invented by the game developer, and included by him in the MA.  To contend that players that choose to pursue this objective are somehow ruining the game is absurd.  Just at it would be absurd to contend that pursuing the objective of winning the fight ruins the game.  If you take winning the war out of the game, you are left with the lake at the dueling arena.  Certainly this is enough for some players, but how many would be left if that was all the game were about?
vNucks

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
"Winnen teh wARZ" was invented by the game developer, and included by him in the MA.  To contend that players that choose to pursue this objective are somehow ruining the game is absurd.  Just at it would be absurd to contend that pursuing the objective of winning the fight ruins the game.  If you take winning the war out of the game, you are left with the lake at the dueling arena.  Certainly this is enough for some players, but how many would be left if that was all the game were about?

no but the extent that some of the win da warz type go to, do in fact ruin game play for others hiding cv's taking out hangers
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
"Winnen teh wARZ" was invented by the game developer, and included by him in the MA.  To contend that players that choose to pursue this objective are somehow ruining the game is absurd.  Just at it would be absurd to contend that pursuing the objective of winning the fight ruins the game.  If you take winning the war out of the game, you are left with the lake at the dueling arena.  Certainly this is enough for some players, but how many would be left if that was all the game were about?
:aok :aok :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
no but the extent that some of the win da warz type go to, do in fact ruin game play for others hiding cv's taking out hangers

Are you kidding me :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.Out of 285 bases on the map we are on now and you can't find 1 single fight because hangers are down at 1 base or another side has you cv...... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl. The win da war'ers are ruining game play :bhead. Ok lets do its DMG's way....no base captures, no cv's, no gv's, no bombs, no bullets, just fly around in mindless furballs, all holding hands and singing campfire songs....... :salute

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »
Are you kidding me :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.Out of 285 bases on the map we are on now and you can't find 1 single fight because hangers are down at 1 base or another side has you cv...... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl. The win da war'ers are ruining game play :bhead. Ok lets do its DMG's way....no base captures, no cv's, no gv's, no bombs, no bullets, just fly around in mindless furballs, all holding hands and singing campfire songs....... :salute

Swing and a miss jr. Wow you skilles guys are super serious about defending ur lameness.  Explain this to me how is hiding a cv in any way promoting anything positive for ALL players
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »
On the one hand, I don't think hiding carriers is that huge and horrible of an issue.  On the other hand, I don't think the ability to drive away from a fight should result in virtually permanent denial of an airfield to the enemy.  Seems like a lot of reward for not doing much.

The problem with a time out would be it would be pretty weird to be using a 'captured' CV for a base take and when the timeout expires it goes poof.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
On the one hand, I don't think hiding carriers is that huge and horrible of an issue.  On the other hand, I don't think the ability to drive away from a fight should result in virtually permanent denial of an airfield to the enemy.  Seems like a lot of reward for not doing much.

The problem with a time out would be it would be pretty weird to be using a 'captured' CV for a base take and when the timeout expires it goes poof.

Wiley.

the thing is THEY don't use them to take bases they simply hide them as far away as possible

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »

You're kidding right?

How can ONE squad feel its right to dictate what that fleet does or doesn't do???

Unbelievable. Its waaaaaaaaaaay beyond rude and childish.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
You're kidding right?

How can ONE squad feel its right to dictate what that fleet does or doesn't do???

1Boner, this is because your name isn't vBoner  :rofl :rofl.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
the thing is THEY don't use them to take bases they simply hide them as far away as possible

Right, but I'm thinking in terms of unintended consequences.  If the code were changed to poof a carrier whose port was no longer yours, it would affect every carrier.  I don't know how often it'd happen, I don't really pay close attention to whether the ports are ours or theirs when I'm looking at CVs.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »
I'd rather drink a beer and converse with people that don't hide cv's in a game.

If I wanted to get laid, and a hot female said to hide the cv, I might feign understanding to such a tactic to get vitually laid.

Unfortunately, that ain't happening.

Guess that's why I rarely fly Bish.

<S> to the Gilligans that are winning the war and getting their CV's off the map where they will never be found.

Yay!  Estrogen is awesome!

+1000 to someone who finds an example of an Emil with a bomb.  Then the Cv's would have no chance.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
You're kidding right?

One Squad??? LOL, you really think that that one squad has absolute control over the carriers?  I've seen (and you know you have too) every country use this tactic.  I''ll up your rude and childish, with idiocy, hypocrisy and dishonesty.  Furthermore, I'll counter it with the treachery of players that reveal the location of carriers to the enemy.  

The denial of assets to the enemy is a valid tactic, especially when the port that controls these CV's is in enemy hands.  The control of CV's does not in any significant way diminish the ability to find a "good fight" for those whose only interest in the game is to find one.  On the other hand, for those whose objectives include "winning the war", their control is a significant advantage.

A CV is a tremendous offensive asset, but it's use will typically lead to its sinking.  The use of a CV whose port is controlled by the enemy to attempt the capture of a base, that will most likely result in it's sinking, and therefore being returned to the enemy is strategically foolish.  Not only have you at best traded bases, you have given your enemy a resource with which to capture more of your bases.

vNucks

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
Oh no!!!!!!!!!   Sink a CV   MY GAAAAWD!!

NO!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!
!

This is WAR!!!!

THIS IS WAR!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »
I forgot an AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »
In game - Assi      JG2