Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16109 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »
Oh the new thread is coming I promise...film ...vox...everything.

The Vretards will be exposed

Why do you need to expose something that is known far and wide? The issue is that the CVs can't be taken from a few of them. I manipulate my score to get CVs away from people who are being stupid with it, I will admit it, but not for underhanded reasons. I can tell you that those that do the CV/score thing are experts at such a practice.

This is only one bad characteristic of many. I'll give my list when you post the promised thread.

Most v-guys aren't bad, but in a group, as a whole by allowing bad behavior, they all must be brought to task.  :frown:
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
I'm not a fan of Hijacking task groups and I believe it became a bigger deal since the 12 hour side switch took effect.

A couple of weeks ago Jarbo and I saw some funky darbars near our coastal bases and assumed it was an enemy task group so we began looking for them.  After about 20 minutes we discovered it was bombers so we shot them down.  Then we looked at the bigger picture and noticed someone had Hijacked their boat and sent it out to the middle of B.F.E.

I felt kinda bad for those bomber pilots as they'd spent at least an hour trying to find their boat in vain.  Even us vRETARDS have gone to great time and lengths to find hijacked carriers and it is annoying.

I suggest using scouts ahead of the main group to find the boat first
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
I agree with the 2-3 hour reset to whoever owns the port.  great solution.

3) BOTH are considered fair gameplay?

Not for whoever owns the port. If the enemy retakes the port, then yes, they should get their CV back after 2-3 hours (you no longer have the supplys to keep captured equipment running). But if you take an enemy port, you still have to sink their CV because it IS their's, its not captured (it uses the same parts and calibers as other ships in their 'navy') and so they can keep it supplyed.

No. Technicly, only #1 is fair. But since both sides use spys, #2 isn't going to stop.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »
I've got a wasp nest under my porch, let me know if you'd like to come over sometime and give it a good hard whack with a stick.

Thanks Babalon, I'll try relogging when it happens, though I rarely switch countries.  I'll try that fix.  Thanks!!

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
I tried to move a boat last night, hoping to get it in some kinda fight. It was yanked from my grasp by someone who cares about its "do nothingness" waaaaaaaaaaaay more than me and left where it was to rot.

I think I will start encouraging country mates to move the boats and use them, If they do not I will text on 200 the location of said CVs  :aok I'm sure there are some AR234 junkies very interested in that info.

There are many who would like to use the boats but have not the score to do so!

Maybe a "total" time limit per day of control of specific CV groups would help. 1 hour total time is good then a message appears SYSTEM: your control time of C232 hase been exceeded, find another one to hide!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »
I tried to move a boat last night, hoping to get it in some kinda fight. It was yanked from my grasp by someone who cares about its "do nothingness" waaaaaaaaaaaay more than me and left where it was to rot.

I think I will start encouraging country mates to move the boats and use them, If they do not I will text on 200 the location of said CVs  :aok I'm sure there are some AR234 junkies very interested in that info.

There are many who would like to use the boats but have not the score to do so!

Maybe a "total" time limit per day of control of specific CV groups would help. 1 hour total time is good then a message appears SYSTEM: your control time of C232 hase been exceeded, find another one to hide!

JUGgler

:aok
But what if say HoboBart has a rank of 58 and he uses his time, what is stopping his squaddie, JoeBlow who is a rank 72, from taking command and continuing the bad behavior?

I'm a fan of policing ourselves. I'd have no problem with and would probably engage in, calling out CV's that are being hidden and if I can get ahold of a name, using that too. There are lines that moderators would help alot with, say if some tard calls one out and it's not being hidden, but instead he was just working on his tard title, well hello 48 hours mute. Don't like it? Best not do it. It's that simple.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
This is getting funnier by the post.  

So now if you don't have a high enough rank to control the boat, the rules need to be changed so you can have it.  I love the way everyone screams about fair play, but if the game is not being played their way, lets change the rules so they can play it their way.  This is starting to sound like Burger King.

:rofl

By the way, before the trolls start Trolling, I don't care what people do with the CVs, I don't care for any of the carrier planes, I just find it funny people are unhappy because the game is not being played their way.    :D

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »
CVs are hidden because there are people in this game who think annoying people is the fun.

:salute

Agreed.  You can usually find those people spamming on 200 as well.

Mutt

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
This is from a wish list post I made some time ago.
----------------
CV should not be able to roam independently but should require supply ships to occasionally steam out to resupply them. Even a CV without air operations still needs to be refueled from time to time, needs provisions for the crew, etc. In addition, the more air operations that are conducted, the more av-gas would need to be steamed to the CV group to keep the birds fueled up. At short distances, we can use the supply barges (which are already in the game) but at longer distances we can use ocean going cargo ships.

What would this accomplish? It would; allow hidden CVs to be found, create a strategic type of gameplay by hunting down those cargo ships, and overall create more play and targets for a bomber force which has little to do.

Here is a picture of an Essex Class CV undergoing refueling at sea.

Here is a picture of a CVE under going refueling.

This is a link to a diary made by a sailor, note the multiple refuels in his log.

http://www.cowpensvets.org/wardiary.html

Now I'll quote Donald L. Miller, who is well known for his consulting work and historical background.

"... along with a sea train of fuel (bold added by me), cargo, repair and hospital vessels that allowed the task groups to operate out of port for as long as 70 days. Each carrier group was refueled every 4 days by oilers, which also brought the mail and the latest movies."

This is a nice reference for the use of resupply during the Okinawa campaign. (Summary of Service, Biographical File: Rear Adm. Edward E. Paré)

"The fuel required for the Okinawa operation far exceeded that consumed during any previous campaign. This large consumption was the result of the many ships employed and an increase in their endurance at sea because of the underway replenishment facilities of Service Squadron 6. Between 17 March and 27 May, the amount of fuel oil, diesel oil, and aviation gasoline issued by Task Group 50.8 for replenishment at sea (including its own use) was 8,745,000 barrels of fuel oil (ninety tankers' worth), 259,000 barrels of diesel oil, and 21,477,000 gallons of aviation gasoline. This was more petroleum than Japan managed to import or produce during the entire year of 1944!"

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
I think this is what this icon was created for...........  :ahand

Knights had been ignoring their port in an isolated portion of the map.    I had predicted the attack and had sent it's CV and group back to support the defense. After alerting any who would listen on Knight channel for the better part of 30 minutes, I spotted the direction to look for the attacking fleet from a persistent Bishop and called out its position.  A few strategic players tried hard to defend it, and after a flood of lvts poured troops onto the docks, she was lost. 

CV to that port was finally in range to help for a very spirited attack to retake the port which occured within minutes of loosing it.
  Then on range, I was questioned on doing my part to save the port.  A player wanted to know where I was, and that they were on the base and hadn't seen me.  I just about lost it (not the port) at that point, especially considering my role in bringing the fleet back from Siberia, and spotting the enemy fleet, to killing the enemy pilot twice, and straffing down most of the first set of troops as they were feet away from the maproom.

I logged off not long after.  I was not surprised to see that hours later the port was ours but the fleet was missing for more than 15 minutes and obviously captured.  I looked and there was a friendly so far away from friendly territory I knew it was a search for the fleet.  To the credit of the strategic players, the location was revealed to be in the extreme corner of the map (6-8 sectors from any friendly airfield) and driving on land!!!  :rofl Grillman eventually sank it and got it back.  :salute

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »

JUGgler

Careful JUGgler, HiTech has said this will not be tolerated by him, and anyone caught revealing the location of CVs to enemies will face consequences.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
#1  removing a CV from enemy use takes two bases out of the equation.
      I think destroying a hangar, a building or an vehicle denies the enemy the use of the object.
#2  removing a CV from enemy use ultimately protects your own base.
#3  I have to admit the fits :furious and name calling does :banana: crack me up
#4  the telling of the CV location by friendly does absolutely baffled me  :rolleyes:
AkCaine

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
Oh the new thread is coming I promise...film ...vox...everything.

The Vretards will be exposed

O.o   :headscratch:   :huh  :confused:

I wouldn't personally recommend it Agent, even with the best of intention, the banhammer differentiates not.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:10:31 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »
#1  removing a CV from enemy use takes two bases out of the equation.
      I think destroying a hangar, a building or an vehicle denies the enemy the use of the object.
#2  removing a CV from enemy use ultimately protects your own base.
#3  I have to admit the fits :furious and name calling does :banana: crack me up
#4  the telling of the CV location by friendly does absolutely baffled me  :rolleyes:

Here is the textbook defenition of whats wrong with the game. Cane and the like would be the illustration.

People care more about "winnen teh wARz, sos I can get mah free perks  :rock!!!!!" than about the fights.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
Careful JUGgler, HiTech has said this will not be tolerated by him, and anyone caught revealing the location of CVs to enemies will face consequences.  :salute

Hiding cv's is crap..last night near v85 they hid the carrier to p86 on the edge of the map where it supposedly couldn't be sunk.

I've done some gamey stuff in my day but wtf?