Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16393 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2011, 01:06:42 AM »
The glitched CV is an entirely different issue. That is using a bug that makes it useless.

If you don't want to spend hours looking for a CV then don't. There are over 200 bases on the map you can go pick a fight at. ONE CV isn't going to destroy your evening.

Ya know what the best part is? There is normally more than one cv group. Oh sh*t.  :uhoh
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2011, 01:12:06 AM »
You know what the best part is? You're still arguing a loosing point.

This goes dead against what the game has been tailored to.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:51 AM »
The glitched CV is an entirely different issue. That is using a bug that makes it useless.

If you don't want to spend hours looking for a CV then don't. There are over 200 bases on the map you can go pick a fight at. ONE CV isn't going to destroy your evening.

Ya know what the best part is? There is normally more than one cv group. Oh sh*t.  :uhoh

well...1 cv isn't going to irritate... but every enemy port you take you drag the cv away... so basically , in a game that i play for 10 hours st8..i have to to search and hunt for cvs 3-4 times in that day... 8-9 sect away!!!....do you not see how really tiresome it gets?... like the only purpose of taking an enemy port is to drag the cv away....geez!! come on..  :bhead
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
Des, I think he isn't speaking from a possition of expierence. Not a chance hes that dumb.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
I've done my fair share of CV hunting. It can grow tiresome buuuuuuuut if you've got more than one person looking, it normally can be found in a short period of time so long as you are using 234's.

It's not THAT hard. If you don't want to have to keep looking for the CV, don't let the enemy sink it and capture your port.
Yes, you're one person, but I'm going to assume you are in a squad, use it as a squad objective to find and sink the CV.

It brings together a whole new aspect of using teamwork. Search & Destroy is STILL around.....
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2011, 02:14:06 AM »
I've done my fair share of CV hunting. It can grow tiresome buuuuuuuut if you've got more than one person looking, it normally can be found in a short period of time so long as you are using 234's.

It's not THAT hard. If you don't want to have to keep looking for the CV, don't let the enemy sink it and capture your port.
Yes, you're one person, but I'm going to assume you are in a squad, use it as a squad objective to find and sink the CV.

It brings together a whole new aspect of using teamwork. Search & Destroy is STILL around.....

:bhead think abt this in a different way...if you dun like getting vulched.. dun let the enemy take control and capture the town?? sounds easy on paper huh? how many bases have we taken so far? millions i reckon... all 3 countries...so seriously... dun do yourself an injustice by not thinking it all the way thru...

sure.. it builds teamwork and all that.... but 3-4 times a day??? thats just ridiculous...i reckon the main goal of taking the port is to take over the cv and to be able to use that cv for further incursions into enemy land or for defence...not hide it away 9 sectors away and keep it there turning and not doing anything... its nonsense man!

DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:03 AM »

This can be true. however...I have seen a few times now CV's sitting in obscure positions...i have a squad night planned CV op's so I try and move it...sweet....not so.....as soon as it is seen to be moving somewhere it is taken over...three CV's on one particular night...this was our CV's too...not just the extra one from a opposition piece being tucked away into the glitchy corner of the map.....I thought oh well my squad don't get to do our planned things nevermind...but when it gets to this stage and upstarts start trying to defend the practice it gets really annoying...hey vNucks....you want to quote the boss and bring up the poker terms and how something isn't right, all righteous like...try this....It's one thing to enter the room with an ace up your sleeve...it's another to use it....would you shoot somebody for that ??
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:56:04 AM by SPKmes »

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #277 on: August 11, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »
That's just someone being an @-$$ if they hid a CV that they had the port to. That's when you ask on country channel (or PM someone) who is higher ranked than that individual and ask them to move the CV. You'd be surprised how nice some of these guys can be. That's a pro to having, Bruv on Bish lol.

HiTech

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:02 AM »
That's just someone being an @-$$ if they hid a CV that they had the port to. That's when you ask on country channel (or PM someone) who is higher ranked than that individual and ask them to move the CV. You'd be surprised how nice some of these guys can be. That's a pro to having, Bruv on Bish lol.

ours weren't hidden...they were just kept out of play....I could have ask a higher rank to move it but hey.. I couldn't really be bothered but it is just getting a little too much now...that's all...I do carry on and do what I can...this has just gone sour and I wanted to voice it now....

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:41 AM »
well...1 cv isn't going to irritate... but every enemy port you take you drag the cv away... so basically , in a game that i play for 10 hours st8..i have to to search and hunt for cvs 3-4 times in that day... 8-9 sect away!!!....do you not see how really tiresome it gets?... like the only purpose of taking an enemy port is to drag the cv away....geez!! come on..  :bhead

:huh

if you stop playing the game all day you will probably find that your problem goes away on it's own  :aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »
no but the extent that some of the win da warz type go to, do in fact ruin game play for others hiding cv's taking out hangers

Well DMG you best get on 200 and spread the word to rooks and nits also about taking out hangers, because in YOUR own words right now they are ruining game play for everyone. So man up and spread the word :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
Hiding the Cv just takes part of the game away for folks who like that type of playing.

Do as you wish with it.... if you not capable of putting up a defense just run.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

As I've said before, the side hiding the CV has an OVERWHELMING advantage. They have the whole length of your flight to intercept you. They have a Darbar to track the movments of the attackers. They have radar that tells you which aircraft are enemy, which are friendly (the enemy shows as red dots. They STILL don't have radar that can do that, even now IRL). They have an icon on the map that flashes whenever enemies draw to near. They have overly effective 5" guns to defend the carrier with.

What more do you want, a big red button that wins the war for you?

And again, even the HTC crew has shown this isn't what they want. Its demonstrated in the way they designed the maps, and in the 2.0 fuel burn multiplyer. You're argument is.... well dead to be honest. You argue against Hitech, you lose.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
One last post in this thread and I am out of it.

Bottome line is.

The top 10 ranking players in this game...or atleast online when you are control the CV's. If they want to hide them they can...nothing anyone can do about it.

I guess there are more reasons to be a score dweeb now. I guess this is supposed to promote combat.

Score is what matters now....forget the combat part.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
WOW...Vguys must have switched over to nits, someone on nits side doing good job of hiding cv 82......but but wait....only bish hide cv's. Nits would never ever ruin everyones fun (like DMG says) now would they :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>