Author Topic: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
Re: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-waaa. This is Dr. Sniffle Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Fussin'

^^^ That's pretty funny right there.  :rofl

On the complaint about flak. I love flak as a bomber pilot, it sometimes tickles my bomber as I fly over a CV or city strat. Flak is more of a threat to the fighters attacking me as I fly threw it than to my bombers.

I say we add more flak to the game, like two - three flak towers per base.  :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »

Bringing a CV inside of 20,000 yards to shore as a fighter supressant seems a bit gamey. But, isn't that a concession to being able to get LVT's with troops feet dry inside of 10-15 minutes because of their slow speeds and vulnerability? Whats the maximum distance from shore before you can launch LVT's? Is that controlling why CV's can be parked almost on the beach as a giant ack barge?

I think if the CV's had a longer reach with their spawn catapults, HTC could extend the "No CV Zone" out a bit further.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 06:18:13 PM »
Citabria..talk to HTC. Posting it is just whining.

If you made the OzKansas Map you are entitled to whine imo.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 06:19:18 PM »
So you want to be able to effectively use CV to take feilds and that requires being in LVT spawn range. But, that allows the CV to be a superlative furball supressing ack barge.

When CV to shore big furballs do happen and go on for awhile. How far from shore is the CV such that the land planes can keep upping back to the furball? Befor the obligitory bomber jock fluffs the CV.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline longtime

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
Ok..fine..don't fly there. Who cares?

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:07 PM »
Even with all the puffy ack we still get boneheads trying to vulch the CV deck. Imagine with no puffy and manned guns only. Whack a few 5" guns and you'd be left with a floating vulch museum. Im just saying the changes they have made have made CV fights last longer and be more fun. Even with the old puffy I had a perk fighter shot down while at like 15,000' so the bottom line is you cant bring a fighter around a CV. This allows CV fighters to get some "E" and alt and evens out the fight more.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »
Even with all the puffy ack we still get boneheads trying to vulch the CV deck. Imagine with no puffy and manned guns only. Whack a few 5" guns and you'd be left with a floating vulch museum. Im just saying the changes they have made have made CV fights last longer and be more fun. Even with the old puffy I had a perk fighter shot down while at like 15,000' so the bottom line is you cant bring a fighter around a CV. This allows CV fighters to get some "E" and alt and evens out the fight more.

It only evens it out if CV fighters are equally deterred from capping the enemy field they're trying to take and have to allow the enemy planes taking off from it to climb up and gain E.  Field fighters can take off from other nearby (if any) uncapped fields though, right?  So can CV based fighters that bother to bring more than one CV to a fight.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
It only evens it out if CV fighters are equally deterred from capping the enemy field they're trying to take and have to allow the enemy planes taking off from it to climb up and gain E.  Field fighters can take off from other nearby (if any) uncapped fields though, right?  So can CV based fighters that bother to bring more than one CV to a fight.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
Do bomber boxes always get through to the CV? How often do you bomber pilots loose your whole box at alt to auto only ack before you get your bombs off? CV's get sunk like clock work from what I can see. How often is it puffy ack killing our fighters during furballs opposed to the manned 5inchers?

Most often if I don't get too close to the ships the auto puffy dosen't kill me. It's the player gunners in the manned 5". Yes it's annoying to get auto puffy ack at 25k yards away out of sight or 3k high closer to the ships while furballing. I think I've only been auto killed that way half a dozen times over the years. Most everytime the puffy ack kills me a name is associated with the kill.

How often do we die by manned versus auto ack?

Bringing a CV inside of 20,000 yards to shore as a fighter supressant seems a bit gamey. But, isn't that a concession to being able to get LVT's with troops feet dry inside of 10-15 minutes because of their slow speeds and vulnerability? Whats the maximum distance from shore before you can launch LVT's? Is that controlling why CV's can be parked almost on the beach as a giant ack barge?

YES! A 15k 262 streaking along at 550, constantly changing altitude/headng, is more likely to get popped than a formation of Lancs  plodding along at 7k (not that I really GIVE a watermelon about Muppets losing their 262's mind you ;), but it simply isn't correct)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »

you could just have the LTV's have a spawn near the coast if a cv is in the 'general area'. Then the CVs can't be ack barges (good term btw).
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 01:38:14 AM »
YES! A 15k 262 streaking along at 550, constantly changing altitude/headng, is more likely to get popped than a formation of Lancs  plodding along at 7k (not that I really GIVE a watermelon about Muppets losing their 262's mind you ;), but it simply isn't correct)

A 39,000 foot 262 streaking at 550 constantly changing altitude and heading is more likely to be popped than a formation of lancasters at 7000 feet going 158mph.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »
Once i did a fatal mistake. Tryed to save my own cv from a set of 12k b24s. I was BnZing on the set in a 262, got two and just removed the wing of the third one, when got lighten up by the own puffy. I wasnt over my carryer, about 6-7 miles away plus at altitude, still, pretty much the first shot got me (not to count that was useless anyway...). Epic fail  : )
Other thing, but also loved when was trying to land a 9-killer f6f sortie with a wingtip missing and a really intelligent guy got me with the manned puffy almost on the deck...
I have a couple more epic fail stories  : )
AoM
City of ice

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
Even with all the puffy ack we still get boneheads trying to vulch the CV deck. Imagine with no puffy and manned guns only.

Interesting thinking.  I had no idea vulching was happening above 3K  :headscratch:   Or are you saying it is better because maned guns would actually be effective?  :confused:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 09:35:19 AM »
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-waaa. This is Dr. Sniffle Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Fussin'

:rofl :rofl :rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

SAVED! :rofl

I like how the puffy ack from ANYTHING can shoot through mountains.... :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.