Author Topic: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
Grizz, I've never had that happen with auto-ack. Ever.

I've lost a wing and all that jazz but isn't the point of a WWII Air Combat simulator #1 rule to survival situational awareness?

Fighters aren't meant to hit strats. As for CV ack - It's mostly the manned guns you need to worry about. If you keep getting hit with auto - how about you battle under 3K and get some buff tards like me in there to knock it out?

I love puffy ack - even when I'm at 40K getting pieces in the wings of my B29.

It's a game - you can re-up & it's not that big of an issue to anyone with decent patience. :)

:salute
Yeah Grizz, he's been here ten minutes and hasn't seen any issues. What's your problem?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
If you keep getting hit with auto - how about you battle under 3K and get some buff tards like me in there to knock it out?

It's not that simple and you know it.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »
Grizz, ignore him. Hes obviously trolling.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 01:03:16 AM »
No I'm not.

I've been playing since 2000, thank you sir. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me about myself while you're at it?

Again, I see no issue with puffy and I see no issue with fighting under 3K unless you're a Booz n lose...err boom n zoom pile-it.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2011, 01:33:58 AM »

Again, I see no issue with puffy and I see no issue with fighting under 3K unless you're a Booz n lose...err boom n zoom pile-it.

So, the attackers from the CV get to climb above 3000, but all the defenders should stay below 3000. Got it.

That sounds about right, considering the CV doesn't show up on the map, can use the cruiser guns to flatten a town without being detected.
Launch a group of 5-10 fighters from said CV with the alt advantage and magic 3000ft computer cap, with about 5-10 noobs in LVT2's, good stuff.

As I say, "let em have the stupid base"

Good fighting there.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:16 AM »
Clearly you've spent the past 11 years with your head in the sand.

The ENEMIES don't stay under 3k without the threat of auto puffy. That means they climb out, and booz n lose as you put it.

I would advise you consider the ENEMY'S actions, as well as your own. It might help you live longer..... then again, it probably won't.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2011, 01:56:08 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not an alt monkey. Who cares if they have the alt advantage? It's time to learn to make them fight your fight when they think they have the advantage.

All of this "I WANT GAME EASY FOR MEH! IT MUST BE FAIRRRRRR" is...well....Call of Duty generation "gamer" stuff. I thought the people who played this game enjoyed the...dare I say?.....Challenge?

Isn't that why the AH community holds itself above the rest? The challenge? IL2 cake walk etc. can't match AH because you have to have SOME idea of what you're doing...
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not an alt monkey. Who cares if they have the alt advantage? It's time to learn to make them fight your fight when they think they have the advantage.

All of this "I WANT GAME EASY FOR MEH! IT MUST BE FAIRRRRRR" is...well....Call of Duty generation "gamer" stuff. I thought the people who played this game enjoyed the...dare I say?.....Challenge?

Isn't that why the AH community holds itself above the rest? The challenge? IL2 cake walk etc. can't match AH because you have to have SOME idea of what you're doing...

that is first class strawmanning, but straying above 3000ft is not what i'd consider "alt-monkeying".

perhaps the challenge should be to keep a CV alive without randomly computer generated 5" ack. make all the CV guns mannable, let people aim them, instead of an algorythm.. no people on 5", no puffy ack.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:27:28 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2011, 05:17:16 AM »
Oh god no. Then all you would hear is "OMG THE AK IS TOO ACCURATE!!!".

1K alt, doesn't matter.

As for "alt-monkey": I consider anyone who demands that they have the alt advantage (and will fly a whole sector away just to get the alt if they need to) an alt-monkey.

Even I hate manned ak :P

HiTech

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »
perhaps the challenge should be to keep a CV alive without randomly computer generated 5" ack. make all the CV guns mannable, let people aim them, instead of an algorythm.. no people on 5", no puffy ack.

+1 to this... how many times have I seen the dozens and dozens of guns just WAITING for someone to pull their trigger, but not been allowed? We want more GUNS!!!!!!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:29 AM »
We all know the puffy is rubbish but for some reason HTC sticks with it. I remember hitech arguing he wouldn't put it a supercharger switch because even though it was realistic it would be boring and pointless in a game, not even that the puffy is realistic but it is boring and pointless in almost ever situation, no idea why it is like it is.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:04 AM »
All of this "I WANT GAME EASY FOR MEH! IT MUST BE FAIRRRRRR" is...well....Call of Duty generation "gamer" stuff.

Dude, you're 21 years old and you say you've been playing this game for 10 years.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Last night, I am at 5k over a port in a dog fight and suddenly I'm oiled. Puffy ack kicks in for what ever reason and first blast takes out the oil pan. I know it is randomized though it sucks. And yes, bombers fly through it without a scratch.

Whatever...

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:49 AM »
We all know the puffy is rubbish
  I didn't know it is rubbish.  Seems a-okay to me.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »
I'm fine with the 3k thing around the cv....even with a jug I have a fun time turning and burning within those restrictions, but 2 aspects are a drag: when the cv is literally on top of the base, we can no longer defend it, as auto-puffy starts in moments after gear up, and that other annoying thing, the fact that 3k or 13k, auto-puffy is equally likely top put you in the tower (unless, as previously opined, you're in plodding 7k Lancs driving straight to the boat, THEN you're home free)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/