Author Topic: Late night Country Switch Times  (Read 277 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Late night Country Switch Times
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:19 AM »
I know, HTC doesn't want us switching sides to fight the fight we start but late at night it is sometimes the only way to keep the 'fight' going. When numbers are thin the following situation occurs.

As a result of the 12 hour change, what happens is when a fight is started by a few people (in an effort to have someone to play the game against) , the base taking squads see the small fight and dog pile into it, leaving an unbalanced situation where most the defenders just leave. Even in the rare event the defenders don't leave, the original attackers are stuck flying around getting bored as the only fight is a dog pile on several defenders.

One could argue, just attack somewhere else, but more often than not, a subsequent attack elsewhere gets ignored, as the previous defenders just log for the night or go off to fight the third country.

Would it be possible to allow for more frequent side witching when numbers are low? Or maybe a localized ENY system to discourage the lopsided dog pile effect?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:09:54 AM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Late night Country Switch Times
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:29:34 AM »
I'm hearing you, but our squad have been using wwI and the DA a lot more and just squabble amongst ourselves, we don't get any grief either. OTOH its taking 6 to 10 half decent sticks out of the main arena when numbers are low. note: I didn't count myself in that number.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:33:35 AM »
Well that's what we do Ardy...we set out to do one of two things...take a base or make a fight...sometimes you just have to take a couple of bases...but eventually you get uppers.....and when the pile comes on...well..we move on....just have to make the most of the situation you have...painful at times but hey that's how it goes.....Plus with your new bombing squad there is sure to be plenty to do....you can destroy the hangers and we'll follow and make the easy take...we'll rule the AH night  wwoooooooot....or we'll start a big old rumble....woooooooot   :D :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »
Plus with your new bombing squad there is sure to be plenty to do....you can destroy the hangers and we'll follow and make the easy take...we'll rule the AH night  wwoooooooot....or we'll start a big old rumble....woooooooot   :D :lol :lol :lol :lol

:rofl :rofl My new bombing squad has only 2 candidates, all others are to intimidated by the auger challenge :)
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:39 AM »
I know, HTC doesn't want us switching sides to fight the fight we start but late at night it is sometimes the only way to keep the 'fight' going. When numbers are thin the following situation occurs.

As a result of the 12 hour change, what happens is when a fight is started by a few people (in an effort to have someone to play the game against) , the base taking squads see the small fight and dog pile into it, leaving an unbalanced situation where most the defenders just leave. Even in the rare event the defenders don't leave, the original attackers are stuck flying around getting bored as the only fight is a dog pile on several defenders.

One could argue, just attack somewhere else, but more often than not, a subsequent attack elsewhere gets ignored, as the previous defenders just log for the night or go off to fight the third country.

Would it be possible to allow for more frequent side witching when numbers are low? Or maybe a localized ENY system to discourage the lopsided dog pile effect?

may i remind you bunnies that at night is when most of the people used to switch to go horde with the bishops.  dude you play every night at the same time.  plan your night accordingly.  I dont switch and I have no trouble finding fights somewhere.

and by the way when you mention the squad takers.  I seem to notice that you guys will start upping from fields that bishops have just rolled. looking for a fight.

semp
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:54:48 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:36 AM »
To answer to the original post:
For the europeans, the off-hours time is the early afternoon. When the numbers start to increase (over 100 on, still not so much) its the late evening.
I bet its such a good feeling when someone logs and can find 50 players on in a good case, plus side switching is disabled...
AoM
City of ice

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
may i remind you bunnies that at night is when most of the people used to switch to go horde with the bishops.  dude you play every night at the same time.  plan your night accordingly.  I dont switch and I have no trouble finding fights somewhere.

semp

Because as the night progresses the dynamics change. As many can tell you organizing a squad to do anything including a country switch is like herding cats, and with only one switch per night allowed, its easier to stick to one side for the night (due to the side change limitation).

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:18:42 AM »

No changes needed.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear