Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23966 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
Although I don't think the issue is silly, I do agree that there are reasons why some aircraft have the ENY's that they do.  The Spit 16 has an appropriate ENY based on it's performance capabilities.  However, as you said the pilot is the optimizer that makes a given plane a powerhouse.  Bunnies in a 109, Grizz or Kappa in 262's, Dodger in a Hellcat, Bruv in a Spit of any type, Gixer in the Yak, 999000 in B-17's, I could go on.  No one plane guarantees an EZ road to kills without the skill and experience of a good pilot behind it.  Hence the attempt to recreate a legendary sortie by a past player in a Spit 16 against 6 enemy cons. 

:salute

Way

imposable to recreate that fight....I have won crazy odds, but it happens only once in a while when I am shooting good or fighting a bunch of noobs, my best if I remember now is 7 out of about 15 trying to kill me.......can I do that every time...obviously not......yup I definitely feel now a days its 50/50 pilot/plane until you get up in the higher end skill level, then plane...or initial situation plays more of a part in it....

hell there are so many variables that happen in a dogfight, there is no "TWO" aspects that dictate the winner.....I would go so far as to say initial situation, is the most determining factor in a 1vs1 in the MA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Its very hard to 'out e' a spit 16 if they start out co-e.

Again, if they start out at the same speed and same alt, the spit 16 will get the kill.

The D9 strengths only shine when it enters the fight faster or above the spit 16 (which is the case in the ma) but then again they did not enter fight co-e.

The D9 speed advatange allows the remerge/extend feature and yes, the D9 will flat outrun the sissyteen giving the D9 driver the sole ability to dictate the fight terms.  If the D9 driver chooses to get inside the Sissyteens fight envelope, yes, woe be unto the D9 driver.  Now, all of this hypothetical fun crap assumes no one else enters the fight and monkeywrenches the D9's plan.

D9 wins through patience and speed
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »
The D9 speed advatange allows the remerge/extend feature and yes, the D9 will flat outrun the sissyteen giving the D9 driver the sole

How? any spit16 decent pilot will get the shot on the d9 as he extends, the Hispanos easily make shots 600 out.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
The D9 speed advatange allows the remerge/extend feature and yes, the D9 will flat outrun the sissyteen giving the D9 driver the sole ability to dictate the fight terms.  If the D9 driver chooses to get inside the Sissyteens fight envelope, yes, woe be unto the D9 driver.  Now, all of this hypothetical fun crap assumes no one else enters the fight and monkeywrenches the D9's plan.

lol ya no way a 190 gonna kill an equal stick in a 16..excepting the 16 being AFK :D

all the 190 can do is run to friends :aok

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »
Although I don't think the issue is silly, I do agree that there are reasons why some aircraft have the ENY's that they do.  The Spit 16 has an appropriate ENY based on it's performance capabilities.  However, as you said the pilot is the optimizer that makes a given plane a powerhouse.  Bunnies in a 109, Grizz or Kappa in 262's, Dodger in a Hellcat, Bruv in a Spit of any type, Gixer in the Yak, 999000 in B-17's, I could go on.  No one plane guarantees an EZ road to kills without the skill and experience of a good pilot behind it.  Hence the attempt to recreate a legendary sortie by a past player in a Spit 16 against 6 enemy cons.  

Way

Yes but I think that is Grizz's point. To pull it all together, [pilot]*[plane capability]= lethality.

All he is saying in his bravado Muppet way, is if you've maxed out the [plane capability] factor by flying a Spitsteen you're taking the easiest route to High lethality.

I think you've changed the argument slightly to how much better is the spit, meaning can a chump pilot have INK-like lethality because he is in a Spit. In doing so you may have tricked him into biting off more than her can chew but can this experiment, the way it's set up, define easy?   I smell set up.  :) :salute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:54:36 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »

I'd say through hit & run. That's the usual D9 tactic in MA. But we are talking about plane vs plane "fighting" here...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
Yes but I think that is Grizz's point. To pull it all together, [pilot]*[plane capability]= lethality.

All he is saying in his bravado Muppet way, is if you've maxed out the [plane capability] factor by flying a Spitsteen you're taking the easiest route to High lethality.

I think you've changed the argument slightly to how much better is the spit, meaning can a chump pilot have INK-like lethality because he is in a Spit. In doing so you may have tricked him into biting off more than her can chew but can this experiment, the way it's set up, define easy?   I smell set up.  :) :salute

If anything I am honest.  The point was to arrive at where you are at.  I do not expect any pilot in the game to survive 6 experienced and communicating squaddies regardless of squad affilitation (well most squads :D). The Spit 16 is what it is, a late war low ENY monster that you tangle with knowing what it is capable of in a average pilot's hands let alone an experienced and skilled pilot that can optimize it's abilities and kill with it.  Will it magically allow you to take on multiple cons?  No.  I guess I run contrary to the "you fly this, so you are...insert derogatory remark" crowd.  I'll probabably be this way until I retire from this game that we all love.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
P47N is easymode, nuff said!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »

JUGgler

ZOMG I have a believer here!  Praise Gawd! :aok

:lol

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:29 PM »

JUGgler

:rofl :rofl in the same way the p40-b is easy mode.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
If anything I am honest.  The point was to arrive at where you are at.  I do not expect any pilot in the game to survive 6 experienced and communicating squaddies regardless of squad affilitation (well most squads :D). The Spit 16 is what it is, a late war low ENY monster that you tangle with knowing what it is capable of in a average pilot's hands let alone an experienced and skilled pilot that can optimize it's abilities and kill with it.  Will it magically allow you to take on multiple cons?  No.  I guess I run contrary to the "you fly this, so you are...insert derogatory remark" crowd.  I'll probabably be this way until I retire from this game that we all love.

Way

So we are in agreement that the Spit16 is an EZ ride?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

:rofl :rofl

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

JUGgler

compared to the D11 and 25  i would say so.... oh chickensticks there all easymode.  :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »

No, we are in agreement that it is a low ENY plane with good all round performance and armament.  Only fully utilized by a pilot with skill and experience can reach it's peak performance envelope and become someone's EZ ride.  You still need to address the claims that it will allow a pilot to do more than what they are normally capable of.  
EZ is a term that allows some pilots to feel better about their poor taste in planes.   :P

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
lol ya no way a 190 gonna kill an equal stick in a 16..excepting the 16 being AFK :D

all the 190 can do is run to friends :aok

Zeagle and I were winging in 190A8's yesterday. We were engaged by a Spit 16, a Ki-84, a P-38, a P-51, and an F4U. With the help of some pony driver whos name I forget, we outfought them for quite a while. I would have had 9 kills instead of the 5 I landed if I'd had any taters left.

Please don't make disparaging comments about the 190  :aok.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"