Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23580 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »
the only dweebs are those that insist on labeling planes "dweeb planes" as there are no dweeb planes, only dweeb pilots.

ack-ack

+100 million. I get so tired of folks labeling a plane as a dweeb ride or a hanger queen because it's a plane they do not fly.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
+100 million. I get so tired of folks labeling a plane as a dweeb ride or a hanger queen because it's a plane they do not fly.

There are not dweeb rides but there are EZ rides.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »
There are not dweeb rides but there are EZ rides.

No such thing as EZ rides, just planes that some folks have taken the time to get good in.  Take for instance the K-4 or 262 is your own dweeb ride.  Mine would be a Spit 8 or Hurri IID.  Just saying... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55:11 AM »
No such thing as EZ rides, just planes that some folks have taken the time to get good in.  Take for instance the K-4 or 262 is your own dweeb ride.  Mine would be a Spit 8 or Hurri IID.  Just saying... :aok

I think I've flown the Spit8 once in the past 5 years and I'm fairly confident I could take one up today and get at least 10 kills with the Laser Guided Hispanos and general Spitfire qualities.  Sorry but it is an EZ ride.

I remember m00t doing this a while back when he took up a Spit16 and fought in like a 6v1 and killed all of them.  I think it was even on youtube.  He was simply showing how uber and EZ the plane is to fly.

And in a nutshell, anything with hispanos is an EZ ride.  Firing hispanos is like firing from a 5 incher.  There, I said it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:57:17 AM by grizz441 »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
I think I've flown the Spit8 once in the past 5 years and I'm fairly confident I could take one up today and get at least 10 kills with the Laser Guided Hispanos and general Spitfire qualities.  Sorry but it is an EZ ride.

I remember m00t doing this a while back when he took up a Spit16 and fought in like a 6v1 and killed all of them.  I think it was even on youtube.  He was simply showing how uber and EZ the plane is to fly.

And in a nutshell, anything with hispanos is an EZ ride.  There, I said it.

Purely subjective.  You know what I am saying and I am not doubting your ability to kill in a hispano equpped plane.  I think your need to discount as EZ any planes other than your preferred rides is well silly and typical.  So you do not debate that after mastering planes like the K-4 or 262 they are not EZ for you?  I think they are.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »
Purely subjective.  You know what I am saying and I am not doubting your ability to kill in a hispano equpped plane.  I think your need to discount as EZ any planes other than your preferred rides is well silly and typical.

Oh believe me I'm not discounting planes as EZ that I do not fly.  I stay out of P38s yet I have plenty of respect for those that fly that thing.  I also have lots of respect for Yak pilots and even P51D pilots that turn the heck out of those things, like BigR.  (Even though in general the 51 is an ez mode aircraft)

So you do not debate that after mastering planes like the K-4 or 262 they are not EZ for you?  I think they are.

I'm not saying the K4 is the toughest bird in the game, but its statistical record speaks for itself and shows that it is not EZ mode.  Skillless players avoid it like the plague and stick with their "mastered" rides such as the Spit16, N1K, and HurriC.   :rofl

Why do players with less skill gravitate towards mastering rides that I have listed as EZ mode hmmm?   :P

As for myself, if I could be guaranteed that B&Z tards would not run from me, and that gangs of Spits would not chase me down, I would fly 109G6's, 109G2's, 109F4's, and C205's all the time.  But the fact of the matter is, I need something fast and marginally maneuverable so when I bait the P51D in by showing him just enough leg to make him bleed off all of his E just so he can shoot the paint off my tail before realizing he is screwed, he cannot simply stick stir away from me to his friends.  :aok

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
Grizz, thats because you've put the time and effort into learning acm, shooting etc - and as skillsets are transferrable across planes - you find it easy.

Not ankle humping, just an observation. The rest of us either have no inclination to do the above, or lack the skills to be as good as you and others ingame (that's me to a t right there)

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »
Grizz, thats because you've put the time and effort into learning acm, shooting etc - and as skillsets are transferrable across planes - you find it easy.

Not ankle humping, just an observation. The rest of us either have no inclination to do the above, or lack the skills to be as good as you and others ingame (that's me to a t right there)

Wurz

True, but I'm just calling it like I see it.  If a player doesn't like the fact that he flies an EZ plane, then he can do something about it.  If he wants to pretend it is not EZ because other EZ moders tell him it is not EZ, that's fine also, but I am laughing.   :lol

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »
 :D All very true fella. Spits are easy to fly, but I need all the help I can get.
 :neener:

Wurz

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
And a K-4 is EZ mode compared to a 39D...just saying
See Rule #4

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
I'm not saying the K4 is the toughest bird in the game, but its statistical record speaks for itself and shows that it is not EZ mode.  Skillless players avoid it like the plague and stick with their "mastered" rides such as the Spit16, N1K, and HurriC.   :rofl

Its statistical record?  Go look at the chart that Lusche posted earlier in this thread.  Fewer people fly the HurriC than fly the 109K, and it has a comparatively lower K/D ratio.  The N1K has a lower K/D too, though more people fly it than the 109K.  The Spit VIII, Spit IX, Seafire and Spit V, all sporting the uber Hispanos, see lower usage and possess lower K/D ratios than the 109K.

I get what you're trying to say, but you can't quantify it.  The statistical record doesn't support your claim.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »
Its statistical record?  Go look at the chart that Lusche posted earlier in this thread.  Fewer people fly the HurriC than fly the 109K, and it has a comparatively lower K/D ratio.  The N1K has a lower K/D too, though more people fly it than the 109K.  The Spit VIII, Spit IX, Seafire and Spit V, all sporting the uber Hispanos, see lower usage and possess lower K/D ratios than the 109K.

I get what you're trying to say, but you can't quantify it.  The statistical record doesn't support your claim.
The spit16 has a relative low K/D ratio - 1,16 last month. Lower than the p38G yet the p38g has no chance against a spit16, lower than the ki61 yet the ki61 has no friggen chance, same with the d11jug.
Whys that? Only a very few newbs fly the k-4, ki-61, p-38g or the d11-jug. Yet lotsa new/less skilled payers fly the spit16 couse it can perform very well in every role: its enough to copy your opponents moves.
Dont let me wrong, the K-4 is an extremely capable fighter (yea every time i jump into it after my ride, i feel i got a red bull), just takes some skills to make it dance. Im not talking about the endless rope queens.

Edit: in my ride, me vs a spit16 is very hard to win. Yet me in a spit16 vs three other spit16s is MUCH easyer. Even tho i almost never fly spits and the real spit aces kill me in two turns in them while i can hold my own in the g-6 against anyone. Im sorry, Waystin, but i have to disagree with you in this.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:44:41 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »

Why do players with less skill gravitate towards mastering rides that I have listed as EZ mode hmmm?   :P

As for myself, if I could be guaranteed that B&Z tards would not run from me, and that gangs of Spits would not chase me down, I would fly 109G6's, 109G2's, 109F4's, and C205's all the time.  But the fact of the matter is, I need something fast and marginally maneuverable so when I bait the P51D in by showing him just enough leg to make him bleed off all of his E just so he can shoot the paint off my tail before realizing he is screwed, he cannot simply stick stir away from me to his friends.  :aok
[/quote]

Again another unquantifiable statement.  Skill-less players gravitate towards these types of rides.  I only fly fast and maneuverable because other people fly fast and maneuverable planes.  You are contradicting yourself all over here Grizz.  I postulate that Moot's killing of six cons with a Spit 16 is a reflection of his experience and skill, a low eny plane and an extreme lack of coordination between the cons he killed.  Not some supposed uberness or edge that specific plane gave him.  How about we recreate his feat since the Spit 16 adds so much to a pilots skill level?  I'll pull 6 pilots not in Spit 16's against any player in the game in a Spit 16 (yourself included), and I can guarantee that they go down in flames.  Anybody want to help Grizz prove his point?  I think it's more muppet fluff talk and online bravado.  Bear in mind I have always thought you to be a great pilot, but sometimes you say the silliest stuff.
Its statistical record?  Go look at the chart that Lusche posted earlier in this thread.  Fewer people fly the HurriC than fly the 109K, and it has a comparatively lower K/D ratio.  The N1K has a lower K/D too, though more people fly it than the 109K.  The Spit VIII, Spit IX, Seafire and Spit V, all sporting the uber Hispanos, see lower usage and possess lower K/D ratios than the 109K.

I get what you're trying to say, but you can't quantify it.  The statistical record doesn't support your claim.

Thank you Dead.  It's what I am talking about.  EZ is what you are familiar with, not a broad category of air craft.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
No such thing as EZ rides, just planes that some folks have taken the time to get good in.  Take for instance the K-4 or 262 is your own dweeb ride.  Mine would be a Spit 8 or Hurri IID.  Just saying... :aok

Having had basicly 0 flight time in the spitfires for the past year and a half, I took out the spit16 and did fair in it. Not many fighter kills, but I did much better than a spit pilot stepping into the 109K for the first time in a year would have.

Spit = documented and confirmed EZ mode plane  :P.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"