Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23549 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2011, 01:38:04 AM »
As I stated originaly, a K-4 Variant... should have said a K variant, my apologies.

As for your whole burma chub... the spitfire mark ivx and xvi were two planes out of a group I mentioned.  They may have operated out of Burma, but when?  Was it when the British still had their manpower against the Nazis, or was it in a show of "hey, we had your back" at the end of the war when there was little to nothing to do in that theatre of operation?  Sorry to say, the Brits and French folded in the pacific, and even the Russians didn't do squat until we'd already krippled the prey.

For someone that claims to have a rich knowledge of World War II, you're not displaying it. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
Can u guys take this to the aircraft and vehicles section?  This is the gd where trolling, challenging, and bickering should take place, not relevant historical discussion.  Thx.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
Can u guys take this to the aircraft and vehicles section?  This is the gd where trolling, challenging, and bickering should take place, not relevant historical discussion.  Thx.

Ok now this is funny.^^^

Hey griz if the k4 is not EZ what does that make the 39Q?
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »
Hey griz if the k4 is not EZ what does that make the 39Q?

Bronk if the vast majority of the player base was flying the 39Q and P40E's, I'd be in the EZ mode plane.  But they're not, they're in Spits and P51ds.

I also never said the K4 was the toughest bird in the game but it was far from easy.  Did you see how the Pigs were gun shy about fighting me 4v1 in K4s vs my Spit16?  It must not be that easy if they need to renegotiate the terms of a 4v1 gang bang.

You need a competitive aircraft in the MA if you want to have any fun. 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »
Bronk if the vast majority of the player base was flying the 39Q and P40E's, I'd be in the EZ mode plane.  But they're not, they're in Spits and P51ds.

I also never said the K4 was the toughest bird in the game but it was far from easy.  Did you see how the Pigs were gun shy about fighting me 4v1 in K4s vs my Spit16?  It must not be that easy if they need to renegotiate the terms of a 4v1 gang bang.

I think if nathbdp was around he'd take you up on it 1vs1... and probably win best out of 5.  You are still adding in pilot quality to the equation.
The above was not meant as an insult... just my opinion.
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »
I think if nathbdp was around he'd take you up on it 1vs1... and probably win best out of 5.  You are still adding in pilot quality to the equation.

Not saying he wouldn't, but what do you base this off of?  We (me and you) have never fought one another.  

One respected vet's opinion FWIW:

Well, when I started playing AH, Levi was in his prime, but so were the old Muppets. Wldthing, Kappa, Fester, Nomak, etc, could go toe to toe with him. In fact, among the top guys there was not much difference.

What was different back then is that community was different, smaller and skill was more appreciated, hence people were talking more about top sticks (and top squads) than they do today. And so, legends were born...

Then, some tops sticks were promoting their buddies, like Levi did with NathBDP and so folks started believing they were tops too, even though, noobs like me would spank them. Not that Nath wasn't good stick, he was, but nowhere close to the creme.

Today, there are far more good sticks, helluva lot more parity and skill than ever before. The past gods would still be top sticks today, but they wouldn't dominate like they used to.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:41:55 AM by grizz441 »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »

Let's read back, I requested you duplicate the original feat, you were the one that asked for a reduction in enemy cons.  Now you are talking silly again Grizz.  Let's start at the begining where you first started trumpeting a former squaddies sortie that proves the EZ-ness of the Spit 16.  I quote you as saying that he killed six cons in that sortie because of the uberness of this plane.  So I threw it out there to see just how EZ it is and qualify your statement.  I started with the recreation of the fabled 6 vs 1 you cited as proof of the EZ-ness,  then you back-pedaled from calling it ludicrous.  You immediately counter-offered with a 4 vs 1 with your choice of opponents planes.  Seems it is not as easy as you say.  The offer still stands to back up your proof of the Spit 16 EZ-ness.  You the one that started talking out your bum here brother.  Now don't start slinging unfounded "shy" comments because we both know that will head this to a thread lock.  I'd rather not have an insult slinging contest as it is not my bag.  This is not a "get Grizz in a situation where multiple Pigs can kill him" idea.  There is no joy in that.  I want to see this magic edge it gives a pilot.  If it does then you should roundly defeat 4 Pigs in their favorite birds, if not then you writing checks you can't cash. 

Grizz-Spit 16
4 Pigs in their choice of planes (no perks and no Spit 16's)
Best of Five
Merge alt negotiable

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
Let's read back, I requested you duplicate the original feat, you were the one that asked for a reduction in enemy cons.  Now you are talking silly again Grizz.  Let's start at the begining where you first started trumpeting a former squaddies sortie that proves the EZ-ness of the Spit 16.  I quote you as saying that he killed six cons in that sortie because of the uberness of this plane.  So I threw it out there to see just how EZ it is and qualify your statement.  I started with the recreation of the fabled 6 vs 1 you cited as proof of the EZ-ness,  then you back-pedaled from calling it ludicrous.  You immediately counter-offered with a 4 vs 1 with your choice of opponents planes.  Seems it is not as easy as you say.  The offer still stands to back up your proof of the Spit 16 EZ-ness.  You the one that started talking out your bum here brother.  Now don't start slinging unfounded "shy" comments because we both know that will head this to a thread lock.  I'd rather not have an insult slinging contest as it is not my bag.  This is not a "get Grizz in a situation where multiple Pigs can kill him" idea.  There is no joy in that.  I want to see this magic edge it gives a pilot.  If it does then you should roundly defeat 4 Pigs in their favorite birds, if not then you writing checks you can't cash. 

Grizz-Spit 16
4 Pigs in their choice of planes (no perks and no Spit 16's)
Best of Five
Merge alt negotiable

So let me get this straight, if I can defeat 4 pigs in their birds of choice in a Spit16, it proves that the Spit16 is leet?  And if I fail it proves the Spit16 is not leet?  Is that the scientific experiment?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
So let me get this straight, if I can defeat 4 pigs in their birds of choice in a Spit16, it proves that the Spit16 is leet?  And if I fail it proves the Spit16 is not leet?  Is that the scientific experiment?

Thank you first for not turning this into contest of electronic ballz.  It is not.  Pilot skill is not in question here.  The plane's supposed leet-ness is.  You kill them all them the time, as do I.  We both know that the pilot's skill and depth of experience is what turns any plane into a killer.  No need for it to be Pigs vs. Grizz.  Hell we can set it up with anyone flying either side.  I just want to see this EZ, EZ mode, Edge or leet-ness that this plane has.  If you have a better experimental idea I am interested to hear it.  There has got to be something that would show this to be true or not true.  Maybe find a pilot that does not normally fly it and have them fly it for a period of time and check their K/D after a certain test period.  There should be a corresponding change in stats right?  Right now what we have in question is whether low ENY birds are easier to get kills in than high ENY birds.  It is fact that the P51-D has a better K/D based on current stats, so the P51D must be even easier to get kills in than the Spit 16.  By the way I can't remember is the Pony D a 5 ENY ride or is it higher? :headscratch:

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
I think if nathbdp was around he'd take you up on it 1vs1... and probably win best out of 5.  You are still adding in pilot quality to the equation.

All these supposed "great ones" that has come back and fought Grizz in the DA have had a hard time squeaking out one victory of the 20 fights they fought.  The Creton beatdown was interesting to witness and he dissappeared not long after that as just one example that comes to mind quickly...

but yeah, Nath may be different...

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »
Wow, so I leave the country and when I return I find the pigs renegotiating the terms of a 4v1 with a muppet cuz the first pass was too hard for them.   Cool.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
One respected vet's opinion FWIW:

No offense, but I'll take "anonymous" opinions of Nath's abilities with a grain of salt.  Having flown wing with him for years, he struck me as one of the most aggressive and instinctive pilots I had ever played with or against.  I can say, in my opinion and without any hyperbole, that he was one of the best Aces High players of all time.  I certainly wasn't "promoting" him, which implies some sort of intention to elevate him to undeserved heights.  He and I both started playing Aces High around the same time and gravitated toward each other through mutual respect and similar flying styles.

For all we know, your anonymous source is Birdo.   :)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
Wow, so I leave the country and when I return I find the pigs renegotiating the terms of a 4v1 with a muppet cuz the first pass was too hard for them.   Cool.

Completely untrue.  Re-read the posts from Grizz's intial claims to the most current discussion between us Sunbat.  Trying to keep this from going below the belt and really do not care for a waste of time flame out.  I am trying to find a way that proves or disproves the claims made about LOW ENY/EZ mode planes.  If that is undertood, then we are cool as you say.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:32:00 AM by waystin2 »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
All these supposed "great ones" that has come back and fought Grizz in the DA have had a hard time squeaking out one victory of the 20 fights they fought.  The Creton beatdown was interesting to witness and he dissappeared not long after that as just one example that comes to mind quickly...

Truly, Grizz's skill at playing the game for years on end and then beating rusty "great ones" years removed from their prime is legendary.  I know this because he and you keep telling us so!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
For all we know, your anonymous source is Birdo.   :)

I said respected.  :lol

I mean no disrespect I am certain the three of us would pillage through hordes and furballs if we flew together.  The comparisons are apples and oranges and a little ridiculous tbh.  But Bronk wanted to toss his hat into the troll ring.   :lol