Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23545 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
I disagree, I think calling people's favorite airplanes EZ Mode really gets their panties in a wad.  Didn't you see me get waystin all riled up?  :lol

Subtle bait works well sometimes...

EZ-Mode implies laziness.

Newbie-friendly implies lacking knowledge + skill.

Which is Waystin?   :noid

:banana: :bolt:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2011, 10:30:46 AM »
Subtle bait works well sometimes...

EZ-Mode implies laziness.

Newbie-friendly implies lacking knowledge + skill.

Which is Waystin?   :noid

:banana: :bolt:

I'm not sure.  Could be laziness, could be lack of knowledge + skill.  Could be a combination stemming from laziness.  Could be a number of things.  I'm not qualified to evaluate his motives for flying teh EZ modes.   :banana:   :devil

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
I know this is a big thread, but you'll have to find where I ever told anyone else what or how to fly.  All I did was call a spade a spade.  If you want to fly the EZ rides that's great.  Just have my Venn Diagram handy to check and see if what you are flying is EZ.  Looking at your stats which also refreshes my memory, that you are a die hard Spit16 pilot.  Are you British?  If not, I'm laughing at you.  :lol

No 2 separate ideas - love the Venn diagram and congratulated you for it. No sarcasm at all.

Then went off on a tangent about dweeb planes v dweeb pilots and the whole damn thing. No I'm Australian, which is sort of British only more improved. We pay for things when we go shopping, not kick the door in with 500 of our closest friends, take what we want and burn the place.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
I am not in the business of deflecting questions.  I will stand tall and proud by my list; I disagree with what you just said.  How do you figure the planes below it to be more difficult to "master" or just worse planes in general?  What can the Brewster do that the HurriC cannot do?  HurriC has better guns, turns better, better visibility.  Brewster dives better, that's it.  In a 1v1 same pilot, HurriC beats Brewster, A6M beats Brewster easily.  Spit9 likely beats Brewster.

Question for you sir, Why do you fly the Spit9 and not the Brewster? Abide by my chart, the Brewster is not EZ mode yet the Spit9 clearly is.  Fly the Brewster, do better than you do in the Spit9, Master It.  Show me how EZ mode it is.  My experience and gut tells me that there is no chance you will be as lethal in the Brew as you are and have the potential to be in the Spit9, or HurriC and N1K for that matter.

Sir I beg to differ.  In the DA experiment dated Jan 12, 2011 Dr JUGgler performed direct and conclusive testing in the DA on this very subject.  Test participants included myself, SERaider, JUG, and several others...participants can be recalled by Dr JUGgler if need be...I believe there to still be a thread regarding the test parameters and participants.  The outcome was Brewster wins by a slight margin vs all of the turny planes you listed.

So am I to assume you have disregarded Dr JUGglers entire test?  Every aircraft lost to the Brewster....what say you?

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
No I'm Australian, which is sort of British only more improved. We pay for things when we go shopping, not kick the door in with 500 of our closest friends, take what we want and burn the place.

:rofl

If I were a Brit, I would toss a rainbow snap and say, "Oh no he didn'!"

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
Dr JUGgler

wtf?!?   is he trying to give free exams again?    he didn't ask you to get naked and cough, did he?
-AoM-

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
Lets get to the root of this... The main problem is Grizz not getting legend status... like say Nath... or Levi.  Every one follow sunbat's lead pat grizz on the back so his ego is stroked enough.
See Rule #4

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
Lets get to the root of this...

indeed, lets :)     ahem.........
-AoM-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
It may take me a while and I may need some qualified data from folks but I am creating a Plane Edge Rating for planes based on 10 different criteria. All of which exclude pilot skill, experience, plane pecularities and represent purely plane potential only.  I am truly trying to get to the bottom of this EZ mode discussion to see if there is anything to it other than BBS banter! Initial results are interesting...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Lets get to the root of this... The main problem is Grizz not getting legend status... like say Nath... or Levi.  Every one follow sunbat's lead pat grizz on the back so his ego is stroked enough.

To be a legend you must quit the game and have your friends talk you up for years to follow.  Since I still fly and my friends hate me, I can never be a legend.  I always enjoy beating up on past legends in the DA though.   :banana:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
It may take me a while and I may need some qualified data from folks but I am creating a Plane Edge Rating for planes based on 10 different criteria.

Like this? http://www.jcsautomation.com/AH_View_Planes.asp
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:32 AM »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
The Brewster is missing...

Of course it is, this is a few years old. Just like this discussion ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
To be a legend you must quit the game and have your friends talk you up for years to follow.  Since I still fly and my friends hate me, I can never be a legend.  I always enjoy beating up on past legends in the DA though.   :banana:

Well, good afternoon to you, Captain Insecure.  Congratulations on your success in beating people years removed from the game while flying literally hundreds of hours in the past several months.  As we know, playing any game that involves practiced reflex actions, exceptional timing, muscle memory, and good stick control is just like riding a bike.  No doubt you encountered these legends at the top of their game in well-oiled fighting shape, which makes you better than them in every conceivable way.  

You, sir, are the new evolution of pilot.  People don't call you a legend, because that's not enough.... you are to legends what legends are to the rest of us.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
Hey, here is an idea.  Why not create another category also.  That would be the one that includes the guys that could not make it in an easy mode fighter.  Lets say a Spitfire for example.  After the fail, they move on to a plane that is not really an "easy mode" turn fighter that has a one shot one kill wonder gun and instead of learning how to easy mode turn fight, they just practice their aim (with all the concessions provide by the game.  Lets say F3 mode in the DA for example or hanging out at the end of runways plucking low and slow newbies of the sky.)  These are just examples.  Any similarity to any real players is purely coincidental but I am wondering how many will make the list  :neener:

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.