Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23580 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2011, 12:36:53 PM »
Suddenly I see an area formula emerging.... then depending on area.... overall performance. 

The only one which is subjective is the visibility.  The rest can be pulled from known data.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
Vinkman,

Spit 9 and Brew please...
hahahah yes please do the brewster
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Axis where you have an advantage in your plane over the opponent, are things you focus on in your attack/defense strategy. If the area of your plane completely engulfs the other plane, then he doesn't stand a chance.

This is a great point that I think is missing in this discussion.  Charts like this really create a great visual aid for figuring how to fly certain planes to their strengths, and they highlight performance disparities.  Planes like the 109K are obviously limited in sustained turnfights against a lot of stuff, but they enjoy huge performance advantages in other areas like energy retention and climb rate.  Paste one chart over another, and general strategies for flying one plane against another become clear.  Use speed, or energy, or turning to counter the other plane.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
Remember folks with the muppets it's all just an online persona... or maybe it it isn't.
See Rule #4

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »
Yes, those are nice diagrams that do help paint the picture.  Nice job.  While I do feel most of the planes are accurately placed in my venn diagram, these figures help supplement validation for their locations.

I forgot to mention the your Ven Analysis is spot on and very powerful. Nice job.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »
Suddenly I see an area formula emerging.... then depending on area.... overall performance.  

The only one which is subjective is the visibility.  The rest can be pulled from known data.

Not quite, because that again, is assuming every one of those metrics is weighted equally. And in what context do you apply corresponding weight, to a 1v1 fight in the DA or to overall MA performance and success?  Each will have differently weighted metrics.

For example in the DA, the difficulty in aiming the tater is far reduced, because the fights are so close.  It is easy to be a tater stud in a rolling scissor whereas the difficulty with the tater in the MA is a different story all together.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:44:59 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Remember folks with the muppets it's all just an online persona... or maybe it it isn't.

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »

Once upon a time your opinion mattered here.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
Not quite, because that again, is assuming every one of those metrics is weighted equally. And in what context do you apply corresponding weight, to a 1v1 fight in the DA or to overall MA performance and success?  Each will have differently weighted metrics.

I agree.  Visibility matters less in a duel than in a furball, for example.  I think one of the often unstated reasons that the P-51D sees so much use in the MA is because it has some of the best visibility in the game.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
I agree.  Visibility matters less in a duel than in a furball, for example.  I think one of the often unstated reasons that the P-51D sees so much use in the MA is because it has some of the best visibility in the game.

Indeed.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Hello Widow,

What you see from Vinkman is subjective at this point as we have not actually collected/correlated the data.  It is a visual representation only of what the chart would look like.  From what I see they both will most likely change after true data is plugged in.

Very true. But some of it needs a lot of no-so-easy testing before we have that data.

By the way, I may request your help in filling in performance data for the Brewster if you are amenable to that.

Well, I'm considered too biased by the peanut gallery of the resident, ahem, "rocket scientists" anyway so I think it's best if I keep myself out of it.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
Very true. But some of it needs a lot of no-so-easy testing before we have that data.

Well, I'm considered too biased by the peanut gallery of the resident, ahem, "rocket scientists" anyway so I think it's best if I keep myself out of it.

no you're an angry troll sized self proclaimed 'Brewster scientist' unless your name is 'Brewster von Braun'?   :noid
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
The Brewster because someone asked....

There will be modifications to the axis, scores and weightings, as Waystin has pointed out.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »
Once upon a time your opinion mattered here.
LMAO like your opinions are any more valid... someone get a pin Grizz's head has become over inflated.
See Rule #4

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #419 on: August 12, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »
no you're an angry troll sized self proclaimed 'Brewster scientist' unless your name is 'Brewster von Braun'?   :noid

I don't really see where I've trolled about anything or made any claims of myself.

But sense you asked, when it comes to you, I wouldn't trust your cognitive skills enough to warm a microwave dinner.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!