Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23580 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
Hey JUG....what say you?  Brew EZmode or not?  I loved your old sig...remember it?  :rofl :rofl :bolt:

If you cant survive a 1v5 while in a Brew for 5 minutes, then you sux.

I find the Brew to be very very easy, overmodeled? I have no idea. I will say this though, many folks think that the Finns were so successful because of the Brew and the superior Finn pilots. I would say the Finns were successful cause Russia had cornered the market on "suckage" at that time. Finns and their Brews against western airforces or even the Japanese for that matter would have been little more than a speed bump!

2 things to add:

"I will fly a brew after I have a stroke as the use of both arms is not required"

"Any brew over 2K is just plain glutinous"

Oh and I think europeans are gross  :neener:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:38 PM »
I flew a twit16 last night, I didn't like the way the tiara made my scalp itch!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »
I flew a twit16 last night, I didn't like the way the tiara made my scalp itch!

JUGgler

Thank you...how did the skirt I sent fit you?  It looks super in the sissyteen and I bet it looked fabulicious with that tiara.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
I landed kills in a spitfail last tour, and had to imedialy go take a shower. I was debating wether or not to chagne my name you couldn't trace the spit kills back to me.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »
I landed kills in a spitfail last tour, and had to imedialy go take a shower. I was debating wether or not to chagne my name you couldn't trace the spit kills back to me.

Ok...good to know.

Is the Brewster EZ mode?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
Hell yes its EZ mode.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »
Isn't it Eny 30?  I mean obviously ENy isn't completely accurate but 30 obviously tells HTC's opinion of it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
ENY isn't the best way to gauge power or easy mode status.  Per ENY, the P-51D is easier than the Spitfire Mk VIII, and its stats would support that claim too, but a lot of people in this thread would instinctively disagree with that.

As one American who switched from Spit VIIIs to P-51s put it, roughly "The P-51 won't do what the Spitfire with do, but it will do it over Berlin."
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »
Thank you...how did the skirt I sent fit you?  It looks super in the sissyteen and I bet it looked fabulicious with that tiara.

The skirt was fine, but the thong chafed something awefull.

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »
Isn't it Eny 30?  I mean obviously ENy isn't completely accurate but 30 obviously tells HTC's opinion of it.
Spit 9 is a 20!  So? Is this an ENY chart or something real? :neener:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »

The skirt was fine, but the thong chafed something awefull.

JUGgler
Dood...the thong made the entire ensemble!  You can keep it

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »

HTC also had a firefly that was tougher to kill than an M4(76) perked at 4.

The Fw190A5 is also at ENY 25 with a 109G2 at ENY 30. Sure the A5 is a bit faster, but the G2 is MUCH more maneuverable. Seems a little incongruous.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »
Oh and I think europeans are gross  :neener:

Pretty much sums you up.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »
One thing I notice, and I don't entirely agree with, is that most people who complain about such and such aircraft being easy mode fly fast fighters and completely dismiss speed as being an easy mode attribute compared to turning.  I strongly disagree with that and rate speed equally with turning ability, and for AH purposes both below acceleration/climb ability.

A guy in an Fw190D-9 vs a guy in a B239 will both be able to make the other's task difficult or almost impossible simply by flying to the strengths of their airplane.  The B239 may turn well, but if the Fw190D-9 flies to its strength, the B239 will never get a shot on it just as the turning ability of the B239 will make the Fw190D-9's task of getting a shot difficult as well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
The difference is that faster, less manuverable aircraft need a more skilled pilot. Most newbs don't have the skill and intimate familarity with the guns to succesfully make slashing passes, and BnZ their opponents, which is what the plane excels at.

The Fw190D-9 and 109K-4 both take a more advanced style of fighting to be succesfull. The same is true for a lot of speed demons. Thats why I wouldn't classify most of them as EZ mode.