Author Topic: Custom arenas  (Read 2558 times)

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
Custom arenas
« on: August 10, 2011, 04:24:17 PM »
I set up a custom arena and save all the tables to a selected name as promted but when I go to load the room as new and select the file name at the start it begines to load and the skips and I get a windows error message...... Am I doing it wrong? :bhead

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Custom arenas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »
Are you able to fly offline and in the other online arenas?  If so, then try setting up a standard custom room with no changes to the settings.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 04:37:07 PM »
Yes I can fly in all other arenas.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
What terrain were you trying to use in the custom arena?  Did you make any changes to the custom arena settings before testing it?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 05:02:14 PM »
Aleutians map,I set country so that the map was not huge, i diabled flight for rooks so there would only be 2 teams, adjusted fuel burn, ammo load,flight mode flags, external settings and I think that is all. I am in process of trying again.

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »
I am still getting an aceshigh.exe error....Error starts when loading the tables.    :bhead
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:08:15 PM by jetster »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
Try deleting the default tables (they'd have the same name as the terrain) from the chconfig\[terrain name] folder and see if you can load the terrain - perhaps they got corrupted somehow.

If you saved your custom tables, you should see them in the chconfig\[terrain name] folder. If they're there but you don't have the option to select them when you spawn up an arena, go back and check that folder for default tables for that arena - they probably have the same datestamp as your custom tables. Just delete the default tables and you should see your table listed to load.

For example, I created custom settings on the ndisles terrain but my tables weren't listed to load. There were "ndisles.###" files with the same datestamp as my "dotisles.###" files. When I deleted the ndisles.### files, all was good and I could load my custom tables just fine.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »
I have tried all suggestions but with no luck. Not sure what is wrong.   :bhead        thank you for your help.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
Aleutians map,I set country so that the map was not huge, i diabled flight for rooks so there would only be 2 teams, adjusted fuel burn, ammo load,flight mode flags, external settings and I think that is all. I am in process of trying again.

Try another terrain and do not make any modifications to the arena tables.  Does that work?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
I have loaded maps and have had no problems when no changes are made. but the maps are entirely to large for 16 people. The SMOG8 map or similar map from old head to head is perfect. I was trying to take a map and reduce it by disabling bases and making more appealing for the number of players allowed but with no luck.  :bhead

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »
Have you tried TwinRivr map? It's a small AvA map that allows for some quick air and GV action.
My Current Rig:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
I think it's a problem with the aleutians map. I have not had any issues with my custom setup for ndisles or the bob09 terrains. I've been able to load them up and go right to the tables and load them with no problems.

With the aleutians map, here's what I had to do to get the custom tables to work:

• Go Online - create new arena with terrain
  • Go to arena settings - choose default
  • Save tables with name you want (this creates default aleutian tables too)
  • Shut down the arena and continue offline (if you don't want to stay online while messing around)
  • Offline - choose terrain
  • Change all the settings you want
  • Change fields and planes (quick tip if you want to remove all planes from all bases as a starting point: .dplane 0 0)
  • Save tables with your custom name and continue online (unless still online)
  • Online (if you were offline) - create new arena with terrain (choose Default configuration to avoid dump to desktop)
  • Try to load tables, if no configuration is listed, exit arena (no need to shut it down or completely quit the game) and go to desktop and delete default (named same as terrain) config files
  • Try to load tables (you should now see your custom tables listed)
  • If arena flashes and seems to do nothing, exit arena (no need to shut it down or completely quit the game) and delete the default config files that were just created again
  • Try to load tables (it should now click through all the planes and bases)

I have not been able to get the custom tables to show in the list without deleting the default files after the arena has been created.  Like I said, it might be the terrain as I don't have this issue with ndisles or bob09...nor have I played with any other terrain that's available online.
My Current Rig:

Offline jetster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
I will get it figured out. Thanks guys for your support.  <<S>> :salute