Author Topic: Last night in the AVA--Aug 10, 2011  (Read 1312 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Last night in the AVA--Aug 10, 2011
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
again another fun filled night. i counted 18 players last night. it was a great time. it was relatively clean and good fun. 200 was at a minimum it was how it should be. i want to thank everyone again, that participated and would also like to ask a question.

if you have been in there the last couple of nights, and you normally don't frequent the AVA, please tell us why you decided to come in?

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
Re: Last night in the AVA--Aug 10, 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
Because my squad CO was in there when I logged. BTW, I like this short icon setting. Still have to look out for long bandit, make it easier to keep track of the bad guy up close. I will fly more often in the AVA as it is. For me, no icon added more frustration than realism. Was alot of fun last night. I was even able to duke it out with a KI-61 without getting ho'd. And that's something you dont see in the MA. Whoever it was <S>.
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Because my squad CO was in there when I logged. BTW, I like this short icon setting. Still have to look out for long bandit, make it easier to keep track of the bad guy up close. I will fly more often in the AVA as it is. For me, no icon added more frustration than realism. Was alot of fun last night. I was even able to duke it out with a KI-61 without getting ho'd. And that's something you dont see in the MA. Whoever it was <S>.

Just curious, did you fly a P40?
Cause I ended up head on atleast twice while tumblin up and around against a P40 while in my KI61, and no shots were fired from anyone. Until I went boom outta the sky, think it was Shifty that sneaked up behind me and nailed me pretty good.
It was a fun fight though.  :aok :salute
TheStig

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
I was flying a p40. At one point I got so slow I just fell out of the sky and I was fighting my plane as much as the KI  :joystick:. Last I saw the con it was a couple 100's feet higher than me then the nose fell back and I told myself : Dang it! Here we go. When I tried to regain visual, I was flying all alone at 100ish mph, I figure you augered or something. Good fighting you outclassed me badly. I got the lucky end of the bargain.

:aok  :salute
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
I did not want the ho shot, so I was working my way around you. I was really starting to get you lined up, I remember seeing you just hanging there quite helpless just before u fell, then I was pretty sure I had you right there.. But then shifty came to rescue and I did not even see him coming..  :confused:  :rofl It was a great fight Sir, one to remember even if no shots were fired.  :aok :salute
TheStig

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
i remember one guy last night, he went up and over, and i drilled him. i only hit his tail. i watched him fall straight down upside down the entire way. i actually felt bad about doing that to him!

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
That was me.  :D  And that was also the last time I flew the P-40.

I cant fly that thing at all.  As soon as i turn, I drop a wing and stall.  :noid

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
There was alot of fun in AvA last night, the only thing ruining my fun was the poorly timed scheduled update of my computer.. It wanted to restart after update, and screen went black 3 times in mid fight before I just had to log and get it restarted. Was just about to throw the entire rig out of the window for a sec..   :furious  :noid
TheStig

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »

I cant fly that thing at all.  As soon as i turn, I drop a wing and stall.  :noid

obviously my lack of skill in any particular platform never stopped me :)

I heard there was going to be free chips and beer...I'm still waiting.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »

Do you have rudder peddles?  Energy management and judicious use of the flight controls makes the difference.   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
Last night was a good Time and Good fights Essay think I ended up with one of your hides and I was in the P40 which I have not flown in a while same with the P38G and had a blast in that also.

Good Fights all

<Salute>
Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
Couple of hides I think Molsman.. <S>  :salute  :aok
Even if Redtail got the most of my hides to rack up on his wall of kills, it was some intense fights and great fun all the way. And I hope to get back in there tonight also, even if I might be late..
<S> to all of you, AvA rocks!  :rock
TheStig

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »
Lots of fun yesterday. I ended my night in a 4v1 fight flying the zeke-3. Senneca eventually sent me back to the tower but I lasted a lot longer than I thought in that fight.  Good times  :aok
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
Do you have rudder peddles?  Energy management and judicious use of the flight controls makes the difference.   :salute

No.  Im pretty sure it just comes down to lack of practice, and maybe 3 hours max in the plane.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
Lots of fun yesterday. I ended my night in a 4v1 fight flying the zeke-3. Senneca eventually sent me back to the tower but I lasted a lot longer than I thought in that fight.  Good times  :aok

Good fights Metal Last night I think I was just in the right place at the right time when ya crossed in front of my sites

<S>
Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-