Author Topic: Difficulty of feedback  (Read 548 times)

Offline FXDS99

• Zinc Member
Difficulty of feedback
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
I'm quite unhappy.  I had a B17(with no damage) that suddenly nosed over and dived into the ground as I was on approach to field tonight.  I also had an IL2 that got shot down by a P51 at about 5k feet that didn't show up as a dar bar in the sector.  These are frustrating enough, but I haven't been able to find a way of reporting this other than AS A FORUM POST!  This doesn't by any means sooth my frustration; instead, it just makes me VERY frustrated.

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
Re: Difficulty of feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:15:26 AM »
...Sometimes it is best to turn the game off & walk away....

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »
The B17 that "suddenly nosed over and dived into the ground"...did you perhaps bump your auto-speed autopilot button? That would cause the nose to drop if you're going slower than the auto-speed it set - in an attempt to get the plane up to speed.

The darbar issue is most likely the result of arena settings which affect the range from friendly towers where enemy darbars appear. I've noticed this for a long time, where the darbar suddenly appears once the con gets into the same sector as me (or more likely gets into range of the friendly base closest to me). I haven't played with that setting much, but I think that is how it works. There are actually two (or more) settings that affect the darbar. One is altitude and the other is range.

As far as voicing your concerns, posting on the BBS is one way (you may get many snide comments); another way is a email to HTC via support@hitechcreations.com where you can be assured the staff will read it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:56:17 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »
I'm quite unhappy.  I had a B17(with no damage) that suddenly nosed over and dived into the ground as I was on approach to field tonight.  I also had an IL2 that got shot down by a P51 at about 5k feet that didn't show up as a dar bar in the sector.  These are frustrating enough, but I haven't been able to find a way of reporting this other than AS A FORUM POST!  This doesn't by any means sooth my frustration; instead, it just makes me VERY frustrated.

There could be lots of reasons for the B17 lose of control.  Were you hand flying or on autopilot?  Were you AFK at some point?   could you have bumped your control stick ?  The IL2 loss is all you.  Your the pilot, your the one responsbile for looking around.   A P51, could come in very low, in the mud, get right under you and zoom up the 5000 feet and kill you.  It wouldn't show in the Darbar, until he was 500 feet AGL . and by the time you remembered to look below your position , he had closed the distance and was fireing.  You just didn't see him coming.  That's not his fault, that's not the games fault.  That's your fault for not looking around enough, poor SA.  Lesson learned.

If you think you have an actual game bug, report it in the bug forum , that's the place to report bugs. 

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »
In the IL2 incident it is possible that the other side had taken out your countries HQ and radar was not operating.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline FXDS99

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  The B17 flipped to the right and nosed in immediately but may have been my fault.  I was focused on the approach and perhaps let the airspeed drop too low.  Still, full throttle had NO effect.  Will be more attentive to this.  As for the IL2, I was looking around constantly. I'll have to learn more about the dar parameters, but would guess it is because they are not intuitive.  I'm still very frustrated, but willing to acknowledge that I still have a lot to learn. I guess frustration is part of the game. :-(

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »
Frustration is definitely part of the game. Take your time, this game has a steep learning curve, but is well worth it.

Asking for feedback is a good thing, especially (as you have) when its taken constructively.

:salute

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
It's even more worth it when you fly offline for two years. :D

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  The B17 flipped to the right and nosed in immediately but may have been my fault.  I was focused on the approach and perhaps let the airspeed drop too low.  Still, full throttle had NO effect.  Will be more attentive to this.  As for the IL2, I was looking around constantly. I'll have to learn more about the dar parameters, but would guess it is because they are not intuitive.  I'm still very frustrated, but willing to acknowledge that I still have a lot to learn. I guess frustration is part of the game. :-(

When you stall and drop a wing you have to put the nose down to get flying speed again. Just adding power isn't enough at that point.  Of course putting the nose down close to the ground doesn't work too well so you have to respect the stall horn when landing, add power before the stall and don't get too slow.