Author Topic: Hiding CV off map  (Read 1122 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Hiding CV off map
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
This business of hiding the cv off the map so that it can't be sunk must stop,  I don't care which country does it.  In my opinion this amounts to nothing less than CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.   This is a game, not real life so the "Alls fair in war" attitude does not apply here.  Hitech needs to fix this to include preventing people from using this bug to fly undetected from one part of the map to another to attack another country deep behind enemy lines.  If people have to resort to this type of cheating in order to win, than the term "LOSER" come to mind because only LOSERS have to resort to CHEATING in order to win a game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:05:25 PM by meddog »
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: Hiding CV off map
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
Pls explain how to do this so I can exploit it.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:36:50 PM »
my ow my have you tried letting the HTC staff know? if so did you also post it on the bugs forums? if so then maybe they know about it and just need some time to fix it.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:39:55 PM »
my ow my have you tried letting the HTC staff know? if so did you also post it on the bugs forums? if so then maybe they know about it and just need some time to fix it.

I'm fairly certain they know.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »
What's really stupid is hiding the CV, I say Yes.  But my reasoning is that it's fun to CV  hunt, so when you hide the CV's it takes away the fun for people who want to cv hunt. 

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:16 AM »
really meddog you have to start another cv bs post, iv had enough of this bs on here, this probably could have been posted in this post,http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318075.0.html, or this one,http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318420.0.html, i mean theres no point in creating another thread about somthing that has already been posted before.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 02:54:37 AM »
Possible solution: if CV goes off map, it respawns in 5mins or so....
I am a spy!

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
Whatever!!
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »
The solution is really quite simple; off the map trawlers laying off the map mine fields.  :aok

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »
What's really stupid is hiding the CV, I say Yes.  But my reasoning is that it's fun to CV  hunt, so when you hide the CV's it takes away the fun for people who want to cv hunt. 
It was priceless watching 200 last night with the banter & frustration that was typed in. Curious though about the flying to another part of map undetected though? I tried to up off that CV and it is an instant tower trip.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
Hiding a carrier at the far end of nowhere isn't cheating according to HiTech.  But according to me it is poor sportsmanship.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
There is a map where it is possible to sail the CV underneath mountains off the edge of the map.  CV is invisible from above (below ground) and impossible to takeoff from for planes (below ground).  It's a lameass exploit, and I agree that it's a camel's toehair away from being cheating. 

Hiding it in the middle of no where is just childish and silly, there is a difference.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
We tested and could not make the CV go off the map.  My guess is , this is a myth when people cant find the CV. But as with anything it may be a bug. Be glad to fix it if some can reproduce it.

HiTech

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
My guess is , this is a myth when people cant find the CV. But as with anything it may be a bug. Be glad to fix it if some can reproduce it.

I've seen it first hand, and there has been pictures floating around about it.

edit: I'd rather the CV hiding was prevented in addition to correcting the map/cv bug.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:25:05 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
We tested and could not make the CV go off the map.  My guess is , this is a myth when people cant find the CV. But as with anything it may be a bug. Be glad to fix it if some can reproduce it.

HiTech

If I get a chance I'll try and reproduce it offline, when I logged in to the arena Friday night the game put me in the tower of the CV by default and I grabbed a couple screenshots.

unfortunately I didn't save any film. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.