Author Topic: GV soft spot help  (Read 1451 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
GV soft spot help
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
for the past 3 weeks ive been studying up on the sofspots on certain GV's. i have the softspots for the Tiger 1, 2 panther, M476 and the T34/85. these spots are the most vulnerable to all guns 75mm and better. if anyone wants me to put up softspots for other GV's just PM me what GV and the minimum gun size.  :salute

T34/85.

M476

Tiger 2

Panther (rear)

panther (sides)

Tiger 1 (rear)

Tiger 1 (sides)

Tiger 1 (front)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: GV soft spot help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »
i forgot to say that these soft spots were with the german 75mm panzer.

happy hunting!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
Looks like your "soft spots" are most of the tank  :lol.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
Looks like your "soft spots" are most of the tank  :lol.
i did this because i had a few people ask me to...:rolleyes: and does the 3 very small spots on the tiger look like "most of the tank"?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
Just saying that a "soft spot" is a specific location, such as "the lower front hull" or "the drivers compartment just above the tracks" on T-34's.

If you circle a tank facing away from you and say "the back is a soft spot  :noid", then all you've done is point out that the back armor is thinner.

I'll start working on some more specific pictures.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »
Here is one Belial did a while back....doesn't have the tigerII or panther
but this is what Tankace is on about...specific areas not just whole track/side areas.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,269006.0.html

If you right click (Ithink) after you have chosen an particular tank there is an armour thickness diagram that you can check out also.....this obviously shows the areas which have lighter and heavier armour

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
like i said, just doing this for a few people. the places i highlighted are all 1 hit kills if you are within 900 yds of the tank. i also found a few more very weak spots on the Tiger 2. will post those later on tonight.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
alright, i got the tiger 2 sides done. these are the places ive had the best luck in killing with my panzer.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »
There ya go  :aok! Those would make sense, and indicate HTC  models things like crew placment, ammunition, etc. I've always wondered about that. With each of them you either hit the driver, the engine, a crew member, or ammunition.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 01:17:38 AM »
There ya go  :aok! Those would make sense, and indicate HTC  models things like crew placment, ammunition, etc. I've always wondered about that. With each of them you either hit the driver, the engine, a crew member, or ammunition.
i personally like blowing out the turret, as i aim for the ammo storage alot :devil

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:41:18 AM »
i re-did the M4 and added a few more GV's into this

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »
The killzones i had done are still relevant for every tank but the Tiger2 best bet with it is to flank it.

the rest are all the same including the panther hit it low in the front.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
 I'm sure most everyone knows that the trump card is "range" correct?  I think it is better to know where NOT to hit a tank vs where to try and squeeze in a round. 

Usually, the turret front/mantlet is the most armored along with the front/top front of the tank.  Against some tanks it is usually suicide to stand and fight unless the ranges are less than 800 yards, and even then you'd better have the right gun or ammo. 

Also, I'd be willing to bet that HTC does not have much difference in a continous armor piece (as in the full side of the T34).  The issue is going to be what is on the other side of that armor that causes the tank to be destroyed.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
Don't forget this ground vehicle:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »
Don't forget this ground vehicle:

(Image removed from quote.)

Dude you had to put a box around the guys nads? seriously? What kinda man are you!
JG 52