Author Topic: Custom Arena Setup Questions  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Custom Arena Setup Questions
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
1. Do the arena tables store all arena settings or just the field and aircraft settings?  I set up an arena with certain objects destroyed, etc, saved the tables, but when I tried to apply them only the field/aicraft settings were applied.  Either I'm doing something wrong or the tables don't go to that level of detail.

2. Is there a way to keep field radar from repairing (or greatly delay it)?  I see repair times for many other objects but not field radar.

3. Is there a way to setup an arena such that if a pilot is KIA or captured he cannot respawn, but if he gets a RTB even though his aircraft is totalled (ex he crash lands on the runway) he can respawn?

4. Is there a quick way to disable all aircraft at all fields, as opposed to clicking on every field individually?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Custom Arena Setup Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:19:03 PM »
To the best of my knowledge:

1. Tables store the variables (like colors, ranges, down times, flight modes, etc.) and field ownership/plane availability. They do not store winds or destroyed objects.

2. You can only control the downtime multiplier, which affects all objects equally.

3. Combination of deathmaxcount and deathtimemin (or something similar).

4. In the text buffer, type .dplane 0 0 to disable everything everywhere. Type .eplane 0 0 to enable everything everywhere.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Thanks!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:29 PM »
Hi Trukk.  Sorry I disappeared yesterday.  My neighborhood lost power for an hour or so.  By the time it came back on, I had to take my girls to soccer practice. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
I think I found something...

Have you tried playing with the settings for the "bunk radar" object? That might be the field radar...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
Imadot is correct, the Bunk Radar controls the downtime and hardness of your tower.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »
Individual object classifications have their own down time multiplier found in the objects set up menu

The single object multiplier is multiplied with the global down time multiplier mentioned above

Thus, yes you can control the down time of individual object types/classifications via the object setup menu

NOTE:

CM Tables do not load the *dod file with is the objects settings file. Tables always look and load only the *var, *pln & *fld files. These files control arena wide, plane availability on a field by field basis, and who owns what field in terms of country.

These files are nameable via the Table saving mechanism and can be recalled on a name basis. Please observe the naming conventions and rules (AH does not like special characters, spaces or file name lengths exceeding (I think 7 characters).

The *dod file which holds the down time and hardness for individual object types such as fighter hanger or bunk radar is saved in a global *dod file that is terrain specific.

You can save this file in the Objects Settings menu...and it will always reload, and there is no need to recall it (offline - not sure how spec arenas work - as they are transient and not durable). My hunch is that your object DOD will have to be crafted and set each time as their appears no mechanism to upload or import the DOD

Oneway

Oneway

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »
My hunch is that your object DOD will have to be crafted and set each time as their appears no mechanism to upload or import the DOD

Your hunch is correct Sir.  You cannot save the object destroyed modifications.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.