Author Topic: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's  (Read 18444 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Lol Grizz, I think you have gotten caught up in the moment as I believe "Oldman" was yanking on your chain there.  I gotta say that I agree with your postings in this matter!  I don't care what the reason is behind hiding CV's, it's just downright wrong and bailing when you've been busted is even worse in my book!

All the Best...

Jay

Oh I know he was, I was just using his post as a platform for another soap box.  :D

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2011, 04:24:09 PM »
Need a Superfly statement regarding rules about bailing out before engagement range.  Something like:

Don't fly like a dick.
Look at my sig lol.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »
Grizz is trolling
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »
Grizz is trolling

I don't believe so in this case.  He's supported the vGuys more then most in how they want to play.  I do believe he's as perplexed as the rest of us at the lengths they've gone to now in their effort to 'win the war'.  It totally nullifies any talk of strategy and tactics when your only goal in a game that involves other players is to avoid them to the point of hiding all the carriers or augering a bunch of fighter bombers when your raid gets intercepted.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 06:02:19 PM »
I don't believe so in this case.  He's supported the vGuys more then most in how they want to play.  I do believe he's as perplexed as the rest of us at the lengths they've gone to now in their effort to 'win the war'.  It totally nullifies any talk of strategy and tactics when your only goal in a game that involves other players is to avoid them to the point of hiding all the carriers or augering a bunch of fighter bombers when your raid gets intercepted.

Maybe we should get PBY's that offer a 5 mile radius Dar ring that can't be seen by anyone other than the PBY flier, but this gives them the ability to spot and report flights while remaining relatively hidden (especially if flying NOE on patrol)...  Perhaps even add a radar return for carrier groups as well.  I think a flying boat is just what this game needs.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
Over the years I've given this silly little game a lot of thought and contemplation and noticed how my own approach and attitude has changed.  One of the things that occurred to me, and I think it applies to all aspects of the game and community goes something like this.

How someone conducts themselves in the pursuit of their goals speaks volumes louder than achieving them.

At the end of the day all we can do is try and contribute something, it's up to us to decide whether that contribution positive or negative.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:38:45 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »
Actually, I think they are worth discussing because Semp's comments have gotten so far out of line and are so hypocritical.

You know the Pigs do the exact same things you fault here.  I was recently defending a base from a PotW hoard attack, and had several proxies from Pigs on the Wing guys before even being wheels up.  Your guys must be as bad as the vTards then, right?  

Moreover, most of you weren't even bombing in an effort to take the base, but instead just trying to vulch the field (talk about score padding).  What’s funny is that it took that particular Knight hoard nearly an hour to take that base -- something the vGuys often do in a single sortie, even when there is opposition.  And before you continue another ridiculous claim, yes, people usually do come to defend (and pick the mission) all the time.  Maybe they don’t agree with your not doing so because "it is too easy" philosophy.

I've read your PotW forum and I understand that you believe the Pigs way is the only way.  That is understandable.  Squad members should believe in squad doctrine.  But, you fault the Devil's Brigade for this.  Your squad too has lost members over the years.  Don't the Muppets like to needle you guys about this?  By your logic wouldn’t that suggest that you are doing “something wrong” also?

I found most interesting how you state on your forums that you consider yourselves a "4th country" because you don't count on the rest of the Knights.  That is actually a contrast from the vTards side-oriented style of play.  In my experience, the Devil's Brigade (vTards) try to work with others with on their side to win the map for their side.  Winning the map is a stated squad goal, and everyone knows it.  That is the “winning” Nucks is referring to in your other squad-bashing thread, that you claim not to understand.  It is also not the selfish, mindless approach to the game that you and so many others try to make it out to be.  It creates fights in new places all the time, rather than one static furball-lake-like battle somewhere.

I’ve chatted with you on private and you seemed then to be more open-minded then you act here.  Maybe I was wrong about that.  I think instead you too are jumping on the band-wagon with those who want to “fight the war” here on the forums.  Sadly you are joining the ranks of those who take this cartoon squad-bashing thing beyond the realm of false, egocentric, ridiculous, and hypocritical claims, into actual animosity and personal attacks.  

I hope this sheds some light on this squad-bashing nonsense.  Food (or pig-slop, in your case  ;)) for thought, Semp?

:salute

WARNING: The above post contains pure unadulterated bullcrap. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
WARNING: The above post contains pure unadulterated bullcrap. :aok

If anything, you've validated my post by failing to provide any specific contradiction.   :aok
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
If anything, you've validated my post by failing to provide any specific contradiction.   :aok

Can you please respond to my post in regards to something being within the "rules" but also being poor sportsmanship?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to bail out before engagement?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to stalemate a carrier?

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »
Can you please respond to my post in regards to something being within the "rules" but also being poor sportsmanship?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to bail out before engagement? YES  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to stalemate a carrier? NO
i only said yes to the bailing out because it just says either A: you dont want to fight because you might get shot down or B: you bailed because you couldnt handle being shot down.

just my .02

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
Can you please respond to my post in regards to something being within the "rules" but also being poor sportsmanship?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to bail out before engagement?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to stalemate a carrier?

Flying on a 56K Dail-up connection...  LAG KILLS!!!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
Don't bail before combat.  That's about as dickish of behavior as you can do in this game and incredibly unsporting.  If you only did it once out of frustration, okay fine, but if you make a habit out of it that's the equivalent of twisting a dude's nuts off at the bottom of a football pile. 

I have been flying in the various incarnations of the Devil's Brigade for almost three years now, longer than anyone else in the squad (with vDOGFITE being effectively MIA due to work for the last few months), and I can tell you that I have never seen this happen, never been part of it happening, never heard anyone suggest it, and certainly never approved of it being done. There is no common habit or practice of bailing from either fighters or bombers to avoid combat by members of our squad. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and ignorant, plain and simple, and I challenge them to either post film or STFU.

As for CVs, we love CV attacks and CV battles. Always have and always will.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
I have been flying in the various incarnations of the Devil's Brigade for almost three years now, longer than anyone else in the squad (with vDOGFITE being effectively MIA due to work for the last few months), and I can tell you that I have never seen this happen, never been part of it happening, never heard anyone suggest it, and certainly never approved of it being done. There is no common habit or practice of bailing from either fighters or bombers to avoid combat by members of our squad. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and ignorant, plain and simple, and I challenge them to either post film or STFU.

As for CVs, we love CV attacks and CV battles. Always have and always will.

Your own guys acknowledged it already.  The goons were spotted so they bailed, the NOE raid, with no goons in place augered with defending fighters in sight.  Read the threads.  Apparently they voted on it on VOX :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »
i only said yes to the bailing out because it just says either A: you dont want to fight because you might get shot down or B: you bailed because you couldnt handle being shot down.

just my .02

Do you even play the game?
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »
Do you even play the game?
yes, i do. quite a bit. why do you ask?