Author Topic: Help with mic trouble  (Read 367 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Help with mic trouble
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:03:36 AM »
I found a good mic to use that transmits nice and clearly. Tried it out in offline to get my buttons set the way I want them, but an issue I noticed was whenever I start or end a sortie the voice transmits for the full 4 seconds you're allowed to key your mic. This happens whether I have auto select mode on or if I manually select my mode (which I thought would have been the problem). It also happens whether I have the voice transmit key set to keyboard or my stick. I thought maybe it was just because I was in offline so I tried it again in the TA. I got the same problem there too.

I would think it would get rather annoying for other people to have my mic transmitting for 4 seconds after I start and end every sortie, so how do I go about fixing this?

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
Re: Help with mic trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:23:21 AM »
Sounds to me like a mapping problem. You have transmit mapped on some controller software ? That or you have a sticky keyboard key. Try changing keys. I know SST software occasionaly sticks on a map and Ive had the same problem with keyboard keys too.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Help with mic trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »
May have been a sticky keyboard. I cleared voice transmit from my keyboard and it no longer transmits upon starting or ending sorties.  :aok