Author Topic: Side balance ideas  (Read 1102 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Side balance ideas
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
does that imply the sides were balanced before when we had two arenas?  or when we had a two hour switch time?  system may not be perfect now, but it allows for less people to switch to horde with whoever side is hording.
semp

No it implies the sides were NOT balanced when we had two arenas.  They are balanced now generally speaking, but there are times when they aren't and I'd love to switch teams.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
No it implies the sides were NOT balanced when we had two arenas.  They are balanced now generally speaking, but there are times when they aren't and I'd love to switch teams.

my bad, i misunderstood. 

I think a better idea to allow for unlimited switches is to have people "register" with the gamer as official "side balancers"  and whenever there's a need to even the numbers, these players would be forced to switch to a country that has lower numbers if they happened to be flying in the country with high numbers.  in exchange for that forced switch, they can switch anytime they want within a 1 or 2 hour limit.  everybody else is limited to 12 hour switch.  give these players 10 minutes to finish current sortie or automatically sent to tower and forcibly switched.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
my bad, i misunderstood.  

I think a better idea to allow for unlimited switches is to have people "register" with the gamer as official "side balancers"  and whenever there's a need to even the numbers, these players would be forced to switch to a country that has lower numbers if they happened to be flying in the country with high numbers.  in exchange for that forced switch, they can switch anytime they want within a 1 or 2 hour limit.  everybody else is limited to 12 hour switch.  give these players 10 minutes to finish current sortie or automatically sent to tower and forcibly switched.

semp

Not a bad idea.  But I don't think it would work perfectly.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »
Not a bad idea.  But I don't think it would work perfectly.

nothing works perfectly, but to just allow "at will" switches never balanced the game either.

semp

Offline Max6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
you want two countries like in the ava?  wonder where we could get that :).

semp
hehe... It feels like there's two sides at the moment.
Bish against Rooks and knits... hehehehe

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »
nothing works perfectly, but to just allow "at will" switches never balanced the game either.

semp

Or just let people move sides to the low numbers side free at will.  Problem solved.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Yesterday we had some problems with side balance. Bish were at around 85, while the knits and rooks were at around 110-115 players.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
Or just let people move sides to the low numbers side free at will.  Problem solved.

or people will just move to whichever country is hording at the time.  problem unsolved.

semp