Author Topic: Evil personified (Me): Hooked and towed to the impound - dirt bag adios  (Read 3967 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Evil personified (Me): Hooked and towed to the impound - dirt bag adios
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »
Please leave me alone, I'm just a dumb hippy.

(Image removed from quote.)

With an SKS none the less.   ;)   :rofl
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »
Now since the comm system is anonymous they rat each other out for the most trivial parking offenses. We have no choice and have to hang the banana or they keep calling. And do you think the citizen who goes out and see the $75 ticket on his windshield starts hating his rat neighbors ? Or the Po-Po ? :rofl

you can't get away with putting a warning on their windshield?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
you can't get away with putting a warning on their windshield?

They dont give us "warning ticket books". Such a book would be expensive to print and wouldnt pay for itself. :D They do issue other kinds of ticket books for every minor offense you could think of, from jaywalking to spitting. You'd be surprised what "spitting" could cost you.

Not that we use them much. Old guys like me dont use them at all. But even old guys like me have only so much lattitude nowadays. Its all computerized, video'ed, supervized, recorded. They took 90% of our discretion away, leaving just enough to give those with clout a pass.

The system is set up to rip off the average working person. It was easy to do, and painless for those who did it. I mean who does the citizen hate more at the time? The guy in perma-press writing the ticket or the clowns who passed the laws/fines in the first place?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Give me a break parking on the curb is different than "real" crime. IMO it is snitching because its so piddly just doesn't truly matter.

if its so piddly why are you getting all worked up over a parking thread?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
if its so piddly why are you getting all worked up over a parking thread?

I am not. I have actually gotten some good laughs from this one.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
They dont give us "warning ticket books". Such a book would be expensive to print and wouldnt pay for itself. :D They do issue other kinds of ticket books for every minor offense you could think of, from jaywalking to spitting. You'd be surprised what "spitting" could cost you.

Not that we use them much. Old guys like me dont use them at all. But even old guys like me have only so much lattitude nowadays. Its all computerized, video'ed, supervized, recorded. They took 90% of our discretion away, leaving just enough to give those with clout a pass.

The system is set up to rip off the average working person. It was easy to do, and painless for those who did it. I mean who does the citizen hate more at the time? The guy in perma-press writing the ticket or the clowns who passed the laws/fines in the first place?

spitting is illegal??
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
OMG. I actually read the OP yesterday and could have had the first reply, but I decided to wait and see where this thread went and to see if more info would be provided as to why.

My initial thought was that having the car towed was a bone-head move.  It IS a public street and if he moves it enough to not break the law, then he is doing what he can to follow the law. 

Your pissed because you have customers that stop by your house and they can't park close.  fluff'n Waaaaaaaaaaaa.  If you were that worried about it, you should get yourself some commercial property so they can park in a designated area.

I actually hope that another neighbor decides to park in "your" spot just to piss you off, bone-head.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
spitting is illegal??

Used to be. In many places it still is. Try looking into a municiple code book to see what you can be ticketed for. Most towns and cities now have non-Police employees running around pounding the working stiffs to dust with all the tickets cause we dont like to.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
Marion County Oregon, You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.    
Marion County Oregon Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon
Klamath County  It’s illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane.  lol Really??
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:43:34 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
Used to be. In many places it still is. Try looking into a municiple code book to see what you can be ticketed for. Most towns and cities now have non-Police employees running around pounding the working stiffs to dust with all the tickets cause we dont like to.

i found out the hard way, that philly parking authority can ticket out of state cars for expired inspection sticker.

when i got out to my car, i saw the ticket.....looked, and saw time on the meter, so i looked...and it was 'cause i was about a week overdue for the inspection.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
I have a Neighbor like oneway

Hes a total fun killer and thinks he owns the street, as soon as he gets up he parks his car out the front so none else can use his curb.
Any noise in the street like a small firework then hes off running up and down like some nark even when we have the Moto GP and the whole town is full or bikers and most totally off their faces good old ranger bob will still stand in their faces and try to stop any fun they maybe be having that's not hurting anyone.

Ranger bob also was the top dog for the whingers in council so this year there is no public fireworks for the 100000 other people that holiday here because he is a dick, as i am sure all the shops and bars that used to make most of their money around new years would be slightly pissed that now they will make F-all due to a whining apparent do good er that has is noise in stuff that's not really affecting him.

The rant is a prophecy as to they way i see you going oneway, as ranger bob has lived here for 25+ years and everyone hates him but just put up with the guy as gun control is strong in Australia.

Best way to deal with people is tell them you have a problem over being a rat as then you don't have to watch your back when anyone you have ratted out gets drunk or has a breakdown as you may bear the brunt of it.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
Deal with it personally.

Unless, of course, you are a dickless rat.

EDIT: Sorry Skuzzy. I pooped in your house and will accept the due punishment. However, I will give no quarter to a beyotch.

Are you 15?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »
This thread is full of win  :banana:

Although I gotta say that I agree with oneway here. If the guys was parked in front of his own house then I would have a problem with what oneway did. But seeing as the guy was parked in front of oneway's house I gotta say he did the right thing.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »

Best way to deal with people is tell them you have a problem over being a rat as then you don't have to watch your back when anyone you have ratted out gets drunk or has a breakdown as you may bear the brunt of it.

I guess you didn't take the time or expend the effort to read the original post?

I asked this guy to cease and desist on several occasions and he told me to go pound sand.

Don't pretend to know me...how I operate...what my moral compass points to, or anything else about me.

I warned this guy over and over again. At first I was polite and CLEAR, the next I was MORE CLEAR, the next I told him that he would be towed if he did not cease and desist..and I gave him a final warning.

I did everything I could to get him to stop.

He failed in his arrogance.

I would do it again in a minute

By the way...all of "my" neighbors applauded the action and result. This guy lived 10 houses down and almost around the corner. He had a second vehicle and refused to park this vehicle in front of his own home...WHY?... so as not to piss off his own neighbors.

THAT'S RIGHT...he chose to move it way up the street because he knew he would piss off the people he had to face every day if he pulled this crap at his curbside.

By his very actions he demonstrated he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Now tell me again how I screwed up?

Out

Oneway

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:09:20 PM by oneway »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »
As far as I know property rights don't extend to the curb.

And end typically end at the sidewalk. He was right it IS a public street. Usually in front of a place of business if it is designated for parking only for that business. Signs are placed by the city or township stating that fact

I agree with Dragon when he said "My initial thought was that having the car towed was a bone-head move.  It IS a public street and if he moves it enough to not break the law, then he is doing what he can to follow the law. "

Im sure somewhere on that street there is at least one person who doesnt like seeing the same the commercial vehicles or boats parked there with at least semi regularity either. shoulda just let it run and in due time he would have had it parked someplace else.

Lastly we dont knwo why he is having to do that. It may be that he is having a problem with it and cant afford to have it fixed right now. With todays economy thats certainly understandable. So long as he keeps the registration and insurance up to date which most states mandate to be able to park a car on a road and is moving the vehicle so as to stay within the law. I dont see how he is doing anything wrong so long as he isnt blocking your driveway.

And if you have the kind of business where people are having to park in front frequently. then yea. you probably should have a commercial property for that somewhere else as you are undoubtedly causing more of an inconvenience to your neighbors on a regular basis then this guy is inasmuch as if parking in front of your place is filled then your trucks and/or customers are almost certainly parking in front of theirs.

Personally, I would have let it slide and politely asked him to either not park there or to only keep it there very briefly. Karma is a biotch in this type of situation and with things like this what goes around tends to come around.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty