Author Topic: Threat management, observation and a lesson  (Read 1743 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Threat management, observation and a lesson
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
Great post JUGgler!

This describes last night for me perfectly. I was bored and started upping C47's with the intent of drawing down enemy fighters, and boy let me tell you it works. The amount of fighters that would dive through the friendly fighter cap down to try and kill me was amazing.

There was a lone P51 that ingnored the fighters in the area and came straight for me. I dodged his attack and he made a hard turn, bleeding his E and attacked, and missed again. At that point he had lost his advantage and was killed by the friendly fighters defending the field.

Since I fly B25's a lot I see this happen all the time, people will ignore all the fighters and come straight for me. Usually I do end up dying but it's not uncommon that they end up dying as well to friendlies in the area. I have a film of one of our more well known pilots diving his 262 down through a fighter cap and trying to attack my B25, however, he compressed and crashed into a nearby hillside. (And no it wasn't Grizz.  :D )

in your goon case, you were the biggest threat as you are the only one that can take the base.  had there only beena couple of fighters perhaps it might have been different situation.  last night we had an noe mission, I flew past no less than 5 110, 2 fighters and two sets of buffs.  not one of them turned to attack me faked a ho to another 110 and proceeded to kill 3 of the 5  goons.

threat assessment  is one of the basic skills learned by a decent player and for jugler to say that 95% (or more) lack this skill is arrogant.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »

in your goon case, you were the biggest threat as you are the only one that can take the base.  had there only beena couple of fighters perhaps it might have been different situation.  last night we had an noe mission, I flew past no less than 5 110, 2 fighters and two sets of buffs.  not one of them turned to attack me faked a ho to another 110 and proceeded to kill 3 of the 5  goons.

threat assessment  is one of the basic skills learned by a decent player and for jugler to say that 95% (or more) lack this skill is arrogant.

semp

I knew my secret admirer would show up!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

I knew my secret admirer would show up!

JUGgler

now you are being arrogant and conceited. 

semp

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »
Semp I really think  Jugs  was just throwing a  number out  there 95%?  No  but  an awful lot  of people  will leave people hanging to go kill a buff it's really irritating when they go  off after  17's and  get downed before they  are even within 1 k for once I kinda  agree with Jugs
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
 :O  JUGgler is capable of intelligent thought.  :aok

:headscratch: or is there more to this....another post with a double meaning (ex. he's in the top 5% and we are all noobs and dweebs and pantied girls)? :uhoh

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
Seriously JUG, I'm ashamed of you.  You should take EVERY opportunity to kill your squaddies in that situation.  Nothing is quite as fun as squad vox when they realize what just happened to em!   :neener:
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »

.......in your goon case, you were the biggest threat as you are the only one that can take the base.  had there only beena couple of fighters perhaps it might have been different situation....

semp

Actually I was over a friendly field with 4-5 friendly fighters and several wirbles down below. Had this been at an enemy field and I was going for the town then I would agree completely. No, no this was just a guy wanting an easy kill and he ended up dying for it.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 01:31:26 AM »
 :aok Great thread!
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 01:51:58 AM »
Seriously JUG, I'm ashamed of you.  You should take EVERY opportunity to kill your squaddies in that situation.  Nothing is quite as fun as squad vox when they realize what just happened to em!   :neener:
oh he's done that before. killed them in 262, but I dont think he was aware it was them as he picked them in a sea of red.  good a good film of it, pretty funny actually.

semp

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 07:44:04 AM »
Good stuff JUGgler  :aok
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:51 AM »
He overheard it in a bar somewhere  :old:

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »

:headscratch: or is there more to this....another post with a double meaning (ex. he's in the top 5% and we are all noobs and dweebs and pantied girls)? :uhoh

:noid

Holy cow....I give up.  The guy makes a post that is intelligent, very helpful and 100% dead-on-balls accurate and Sigmund Freud shows up to take a giant whiz on the advice.  What a cesspool.

JUG and other vets....stop helping them and just start killing um....maybe they'll get it then.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:34:57 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »

Well I was in a Boston, so the chances of killing muppets was slim indeed. I did get crammed into the scalp bag of Fester and Hemp though, ugh very hot and moist!!!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »
oh he's done that before. killed them in 262, but I dont think he was aware it was them as he picked them in a sea of red.  good a good film of it, pretty funny actually.

semp

I have NO moral issues with killing muppets, although it is more difficult then killing the rest of you  :angel:

Post it, it will be good for laughs!!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
I look at it more from an E standpoint.  Who has the E to be a threat?  Deal with them first.  If the A20 has position, he might be the biggest threat.

That's what keeps me coming back.  Every fight is different.  There is no instantly apparent right way of approaching every fight.

I agree thoughJug.  Too few people approach it like that.
Wiley.

Well said, my approach is similar.
offensively I see who poses the greatest threat to the type of fight I want to fight. If they have the ability to pick, chase, turn with or climb on me, they take priority over the easy kill low n slow.

Defensively, I focus on who is the most immidiate shooter/what type of guns they have got.

Situational awareness is the key to survival imho.
 :salute
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***