Author Topic: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »
Without rules we could not exist. Too many idiots.

But just for a while, couldn't we try it?  Say 1 or 2 years without any warning labels on anything?  If you don't know enough not to shower with your hairdryer, maybe you're part of the problem?  Sure, the hospitals and morgues would be busy for a while, but then afterwards, mightn't the human race be a bit better off?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »

Oh, I am with you on that one.  Problem is, too many idiots making rules ( and I am not talking about AH so don;t even go there).  I think we call them politicians, government, people we hire to protect us, etc.  Some times a rule needs a little change to make it better.  Nothing is the best right out of the box and sometimes it is just wrong.  Do I need to post a list of rules that at one time they were the right thing to do (and according to fugi everything was fine) but now days you would end up in jail if you followed them?  Imagine the world if rules never changed  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

Agreed - not my issue.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2011, 03:35:10 PM »
But just for a while, couldn't we try it?  Say 1 or 2 years without any warning labels on anything?  If you don't know enough not to shower with your hairdryer, maybe you're part of the problem?  Sure, the hospitals and morgues would be busy for a while, but then afterwards, mightn't the human race be a bit better off?

Wiley.

Well, he didn't qualify, did he. See, a limited set of rules tends to have a winnowing effect, thus sharpening the breed. That we need some, however, is clear.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2011, 05:00:31 PM »
Ohhhh, he is so close to page 12 he must be sweating bullets by now.  Muahahahahahahha.  Get the rope  :old:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »
i sense a disturbance and the crowd grows impatient  :O

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
You were following the rules and still got in accidents and the you go on to say that if everyone followed the rules there wouldn't be any issues?  So, how come you had an issue?  Were the rules wrong or where you breaking them?

Thinking that everything is perfect is naive.  The rules you speak of may have been created for a reason but I bet you they have been modified and fine tuned as needed through time, right?  This is the case here.  No one is questioning the rule.  Only the length of the punishment.

Well you can go ahead and twist things around as you will, your very good at it.

The point is there is a rule, the OP was aware of the rule as he said he had been hit before. So by being an idiot he breaks the rule again and then complains about his punishment. All I'm saying is you break the rule you take the punishment, what ever it is, because its the rule.

Me, I've been here for ten years and have NEVER lost text or VOX privileges. I know the rule, and whether I think it's fair or not its the rule. So I know what I can say, and what I can't. I don't see any reason to push the limits. When I get to the point the OP was at I take a break, or squelch the bigger idiots. I don't see why there should even be a discussion on this rule. The point of the punishment is to deter someone from stepping over the line. It works with me, as I haven't stepped over the line. Some people are slow learners, but that doesn't mean they should be given a break.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »
Main cause of accidents is no contraception........

That may be.  Didn't have a whole lot of that in the 60's.  I was conceived while my parents were on some mind altering stuff, and Joplin was playing in the background.
Couldn't have a better life.

oh look a metallic butterfly   :rolleyes:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
That may be.  Didn't have a whole lot of that in the 60's.  I was conceived while my parents were on some mind altering stuff, and Joplin was playing in the background.
Couldn't have a better life.

"The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great."

- Abbie Hoffman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »

"The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great."

- Abbie Hoffman

True, true and true.   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
Well you can go ahead and twist things around as you will, your very good at it.

The point is there is a rule, the OP was aware of the rule as he said he had been hit before. So by being an idiot he breaks the rule again and then complains about his punishment. All I'm saying is you break the rule you take the punishment, what ever it is, because its the rule.

Me, I've been here for ten years and have NEVER lost text or VOX privileges. I know the rule, and whether I think it's fair or not its the rule. So I know what I can say, and what I can't. I don't see any reason to push the limits. When I get to the point the OP was at I take a break, or squelch the bigger idiots. I don't see why there should even be a discussion on this rule. The point of the punishment is to deter someone from stepping over the line. It works with me, as I haven't stepped over the line. Some people are slow learners, but that doesn't mean they should be given a break.

Nah, you are twisting what this discussion is about.  It is about the length of the punishment, not the rule itself.  Now, how many rules did you break by calling him and others idiots in your post?  What should the punishment be?  My guess is non because the rules are subject to interpretation.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »
Fugi if one got text muted for life for a first offense would that be okay with you since it doesn't affect you? 

If you can at least admit there is a "reasonable punishment" for an infraction then some common ground can be found.  Arguments over ideology without at least attempting to quantify them are pointless.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »
ok...i dont get it, so u got chat suspension...who cares!! learn from it and move on. you shouldn't do the crime if u can't do the time! i used to get warnings on a daily basis! its been a few years for me now, guess u can say that i learned my lesson :)

now stop whinin and go fly a plane!!!  :joystick: :joystick: :airplane: :airplane: :banana: :rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
Fugi if one got text muted for life for a first offense would that be okay with you since it doesn't affect you? 

If you can at least admit there is a "reasonable punishment" for an infraction then some common ground can be found.  Arguments over ideology without at least attempting to quantify them are pointless.

Shhhhh, I hear he can walk on water  :old:

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
WOW, I never would have imagined this thread living as long as the suspension.   :banana:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors