Author Topic: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
Von :rofl

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
I think that's a bit much, especially for the first time. For someone that spends a few hours each day playing, that's a long time.

first offense is 10 minutes. second offense is 10000 minutes. if you commit a second offense within 11000 minutes of the first offense you get a 1 week vacation. obviously you it was your second offense, because these settings are across the board, in all arena's. therefore your whining about it accomplishes nothing.

the only one that can do anything about it is skuzzy. so crying on these boards is just you have a tantrum because you got spanked. some rules are non-negotiable. that's something you need to learn. you can squawk about it all you want, but you self-admittedly gave sufficient facts to deserve it.

man up and take it!

I've been PNG'd ,muted, text banned and everything else over the time I've been here. i learned from my mistake and tried not to repeat it. but i didn't get on the boards and whine about it.

unlike mommy and daddy, there are some things in life you just can't talk you way out of. The only question here is did you learn anything and will you repeat your actions?

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 06:54:44 AM »
xtiger muted now! :banana:

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 07:27:12 AM »
Some people just won't grow up and when they are held accountable for their actions, try to push responsibility for the consequences of their actions onto others.  Taking responsibility for your own actions is the mark of an adult and many fail it.

As Dedalos commented earlier, it's amazing poor the reading comprehension of so many in here is. I never said I was unfairly muted.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
I'm sure you had it coming, as per the susspension I do thing that was a bit long even unneccisary.

I was muted for 10 minutes once for saying something that was apparently mildly offensive to someone somewhere even though I don't know what I said.  I think I may have been muted by 800nate, I do know that he has threatened to report me over nothing before.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
I'm sure you had it coming, as per the susspension I do thing that was a bit long even unneccisary.

I was muted for 10 minutes once for saying something that was apparently mildly offensive to someone somewhere even though I don't know what I said.  I think I may have been muted by 800nate, I do know that he has threatened to report me over nothing before.

Only mods can mute a player.

8 days is just long enough to make one think about one's actions.

Posting here about will do nothing but expose one's self to ridicule.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:02 AM »

I was muted for 10 minutes once for saying something that was apparently mildly offensive to someone somewhere even though I don't know what I said.  I think I may have been muted by 800nate, I do know that he has threatened to report me over nothing before.

:rofl So he had it coming, but you have no idea why you got muted.  Funny how things only apply to the others  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
:rofl So he had it coming, but you have no idea why you got muted.  Funny how things only apply to the others  :lol

:devil

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
Only mods can mute a player.

8 days is just long enough to make one think about one's actions.

Posting here about will do nothing but expose one's self to ridicule.

I thought there was an 60 minute automute triggered by mass reporting that does not require a moderator to be present.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
xtiger muted now! :banana:

That hurts, flatiron. That really hurts. :cry

Just for that, BASE UNDER ATTACK! ORD DOWN AT A43 NOW!

There. Take that!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »
Just picking buddy, :neener: LOL

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »
XTYGER, you didn't say you were unfailrly muted but your original statement implies that you think the punishment was too long for your infraction, and thereby unfair..  As you can see many of us do not agree that it was unfair.

Don't you think it is interesting that some people will learn from your mistake and not ever get what you got as punishment even though you did not learn from your first infraction and suspension?

It is like what your mom probably told you when you went out to the sandbox with your friends, "play nice".

If I may suggest, seriously, the next time you feel like you did, just log off for awhile before you say anything.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
even though you did not learn from your first infraction and suspension?

You're saying I didn't learn anything from an infraction that happened something like 7 years ago? :confused: As if the two incidents are related. :huh

It doesn't take a week's suspension to give me a message that blew it (although I offer no apologies to the guy I made the remark to). If it does take that long for you or anyone else here to get the message you're not supposed to text nasty things to other players, they can always suspend you again for a day or two after you do it again.

It doesn't take that long for me, and I would assume that goes for most players.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:44 PM »
It isn't easy to determine the precise length of time that a particular player needs be muted in order to change their behavior.  If you are comfortable being muted for a day then you certainly need to be muted for a week. The mute is supposed to change your behavior, it's not simply a price you pay to be an ass. Since the mute has to be effective for various players it's best to pick a length of time that will work for most of them even if it's more than some of them require.