Author Topic: Please...  (Read 1312 times)

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Please...
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
Turn the country switch time limit back to 1 hour, oh and while your at it implement LOCAL eny. Ever since the vtards and alcoholics moved to rook, its nothing but unbalanced garbage game play...especially during off hours. I would switch to bish but If I wanted to just fly around and not fight anyone, I could do that off line. The least you could do is turn off eny during off hours. ::end rant::

:noid

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
Re: Please...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:02:15 AM »
Alchys are bish again sir
 :salute
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
Turn the country switch time limit back to 1 hour, oh and while your at it implement LOCAL eny.
This plz.
AoM
City of ice

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:03:31 AM »
Turn the country switch time limit back to 3 hours, oh and while your at it implement LOCAL eny. Ever since the vtards and alcoholics moved to rook, its nothing but unbalanced garbage game play...especially during off hours. I would switch to bish but If I wanted to just fly around and not fight anyone, I could do that off line. The least you could do is turn off eny during off hours. ::end rant::

:noid
fixed. 3 would be better because your probably gonna get a bunch of tards coming in here saying "what about teh spIeZ!?"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »
Cut the switch time from 12 hours to 6 hours this way we still don't get people switching sides as soon as they see a faction winning just for the points.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
How about 3 to 4 hours? I would be good with it but I would prefer 1 or 2 hour.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »
I would prefer 1 or 2 hour. :pray
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »
Cut the switch time from 12 hours to 6 hours this way we still don't get people switching sides as soon as they see a faction winning just for the points.

They won't get the points anyway, I think you need to be on the roster of the winning side for several hours for points to be awarded (it may be 12, I forget the exact number).  People switching at the last minute don't get awarded anything.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »
They won't get the points anyway, I think you need to be on the roster of the winning side for several hours for points to be awarded (it may be 12, I forget the exact number).  People switching at the last minute don't get awarded anything.

you are correct, some players i was fighting against at one base where the same players i was fighting WITH at another Base, they changed to 'win teh wArZ".The gameplay is just is terrible anymore.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »
you are correct, some players i was fighting against at one base where the same players i was fighting WITH at another Base, they changed to 'win teh wArZ".The gameplay is just is terrible anymore.

Assuming that's why they did that.  Back under the one hour switch limitation it wasn't unheard of that I'd find myself on different sides of the same fight.  :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »
Did the 12-hour rule have to do with spying?

I liken this to a pickup game of basketball. If it is lopsided who has fun, so a few guys switch sides. I say move the penalty to about 5 minutes. This makes spying a bit dated but allows people that switch to balance out fights.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
Did the 12-hour rule have to do with spying?

I liken this to a pickup game of basketball. If it is lopsided who has fun, so a few guys switch sides. I say move the penalty to about 5 minutes. This makes spying a bit dated but allows people that switch to balance out fights.

Boo

Don't believe so, I *think* it was done because Late war returned to a single arena.  Before the arena split it was 12 hours, the arenas split and it was reduced to one so that people could go from blue to orange and switch sides if needed.  Now that one arena is back so is the old switch time.

Just a guess on my part though.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »
Well it seems all the gangers and vulchers have gone to the Knit side. We "Rooks" dont even bother playing that side of the map anymore.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

Don't believe so, I *think* it was done because Late war returned to a single arena.  Before the arena split it was 12 hours, the arenas split and it was reduced to one so that people could go from blue to orange and switch sides if needed.  Now that one arena is back so is the old switch time.

Just a guess on my part though.

HiTech said when they went back to one arena they had just missed changing the switch to 12 hours. It was changed back to 12 as it was before the arena split.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
I used to think one hour was a long time.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla