Author Topic: Delay for Factories Movement  (Read 708 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Delay for Factories Movement
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
Now wait a minute  :headscratch: It sounds like you are saying the factories disappear from the map and re appear in another location. 

that's exactly what they do.. the entire city/factory complex warps a couple hundred miles in an instant.   

So you are telling me in two hours one side is going to take 20 or 30 bases and completely steamroll the line causing the factories to move back?

it doesn't take 20 or 30, just ONE of the bases connected to the zone of the strats.. theres about 5 or 6 (?) bases, any of which getting captured moves the strats to the rear.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
Wasn't the country doing the strats run the same country that captured the field that caused the strats to retreat?

I remember seeing a monster horde over the field that was captured and the side losing the field reporting things such as hangers down and troops running so I imagine the country doing the capturing also had plenty of country channel chatter indicating the field in question would be captured before the bombers reached the strats.

It wasn't a surprise sneak attack but rather a multiple hour attack that finally secured the field for them.

At that point, the guys headed to the strats could have asked that thier teammates to hold off on the capture.

I routinely drive tanks 2 or 3 sectors to shoot up enemy strats and only once have had the strats move before I was done.

Why?    Because I actually look at the map before launching the 3 hour mission to see if there is a possibility of a field capture that will prompt the strats to move before I get there.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
that's exactly what they do.. the entire city/factory complex warps a couple hundred miles in an instant.   

it doesn't take 20 or 30, just ONE of the bases connected to the zone of the strats.. theres about 5 or 6 (?) bases, any of which getting captured moves the strats to the rear.

Interesting .....  I never paid that much attention to the warping factories.  Maybe this is a possible experiment in the warping spawn points that HiTech was pondering.  Wouldn't that make more sense that spawn points would move closer or further from the base under attack based on supply lines?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »

At that point, the guys headed to the strats could have asked that thier teammates to hold off on the capture.

:rofl

I'm sure that would work!

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »

Why?    Because I actually look at the map before launching the 3 hour mission to see if there is a possibility of a field capture that will prompt the strats to move before I get there.

:lol YOU try telling 50+ guys that.

Bases can be captured at any moment, it may take 5 minutes or turn into a giant furball that lasts for hours (even days like right now on Trinity Map). There was a giant furball the moment we launched with no intention of capturing it at all. That was the reason I was so suprised, because the furball had been going on for hours.

It's a simple wish that makes sense. It's silly seeing the whole strats/city just magically warp hundreds of miles to the rear. It's a small delay, nothing big.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp