Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
The A-20 is the freaking Death Star compared to the IL2. But still the little Waaa-Waaa's got its F3 taken away anyways. :cry

No it's not.  The only thing the A-20 has over the IL2 is maneuverability, like the tail turret on the IL2, the top turret on the A-20 is useless.  As for guns...the IL2's forward firepower is far greater than the A-20s 6x .50 caliber machine guns.  In terms of firepower, the A-20 is the Millennium Falcon to the IL2's Star Destroyer if you're gonna use Star Wars comparisons.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2011, 12:34:31 AM »
You've never seen cobia38 fly the A-20 or a few years ago, Bullz.  Both fly the A-20 exclusively 99% of the time as a fighter.

ack-ack

so one guy is good in the a20 and the whole fricking game needs to be recoaded because of him.  even thought I dont even recall me fighting him anytime in the past 2 years.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »
so one guy is good in the a20 and the whole fricking game needs to be recoaded because of him. 

I don't think using F3 has ever become an issue with cobia38 or Bullz, at least no one that I recall has ever accused them of abusing it.

even thought I dont even recall me fighting him anytime in the past 2 years.

semp

so?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »
I hope you won't complain next about how Lt's have the Armor of a Tiger Tank (oh wait few months ago) Your Yakut got glancing blows on my LVT and you accused me of cheating.

reminds me of RedDevil who complains every 15 seconds of <insert reason to complain here>

/I do agree A20s need to lose F3 view, bombers would commit LawnDart like GI did when the IL-2 disappeared from base defense

Apologized for that both publicly and in a PM to you so I'll do it again. I apologize for the PM where I thought it was BS that a LVT Pilot killed me with its guns. If I'm wrong I don't mind saying I'm wrong and in that instance I was wrong. As far as the F3 mode goes though I feel I am right and it needs to go away. In MA and special events.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
For Dogfighting or Bombing in an A20, there is no way I can use the F3 mode, I can't see where I'm shooting, and can't eye my speed and other factors needed for a proper dogfight in the plane.  I do use it for taking screenshots of buffs and reviewing bullet holes while refueling...  (Call me a dweeb).

The A20 will be just as effective w/o F3 mode.  It's a monster of a plane if you take a little patience to fly it.  Quit complaining about F3 because it's a crutch that will keep you from advancing as a pilot.  Instead, try learning to fly the A20, learn it's strengths and weaknesses, and learn to exploit these the next time you fight one.  You might find a different outcome.

I fought Cobia the other night, he was A20, I was a Zeke, he had a ton of smack on me, and I managed to turn the tables and get him roped.  He managed a ping on me and took an aileron, but in the end, he had to breakoff his attack or get smacked by others.  2 Months ago, Cobia would have eaten me alive... but I decided to learn what the A20 can do, rather than whine and moan that someone can use it better than me.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
For Dogfighting or Bombing in an A20, there is no way I can use the F3 mode, I can't see where I'm shooting, and can't eye my speed and other factors needed for a proper dogfight in the plane.  I do use it for taking screenshots of buffs and reviewing bullet holes while refueling...  (Call me a dweeb).

Call me a dweeb but I find f3 pretty much essential for flying planes with poor cockpit views, the il2 having been probably my favorite plane until they took f3 away. They're worthless for dogfighting and pretty much everything else without f3 because it's near impossible to track con airplanes after the initial merge.

In the real world, bomber pilots had a crew to look out for them. IL2 drivers had a rear gunner and, unlike the game plane, a pilot could move his head back and forth to view other directions.

I've recently taken the il2 up to see if I could get used to flying without f3. About the only thing I could do well with it was blast lvts, but it took me forever to find them.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »
so people want the game changed because they know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy that can fly the a20 very well.  even if the chances of fighting him are pretty much second to none. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gblade30

• Copper Member
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »
I popped you twice while flying an A20 earlier today, although I got assists both times  :furious.  I don't use F3 mode.  What I did use to get you both times was this little thing we like to call an High Yo-Yo.  

If you guys didn't insist on dropping fighter hangars all the time, folks like me wouldn't have to make you look silly by killing you with A20s...   :rofl

That said, I wouldn't care if F3 mode went away either.  I just find it amusing that you feel you have to blame your failure on F3 mode.
nice one
 :salute :salute

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
No it's not.  The only thing the A-20 has over the IL2 is maneuverability, like the tail turret on the IL2, the top turret on the A-20 is useless.  As for guns...the IL2's forward firepower is far greater than the A-20s 6x .50 caliber machine guns.  In terms of firepower, the A-20 is the Millennium Falcon to the IL2's Star Destroyer if you're gonna use Star Wars comparisons.

ack-ack

Check speed and climb rates along with manueverability. Then try looping both. I'd call the twin Yank 0.50s "unused" instead of "useless". Either way its better then a single 12.7 UB on an IL2s rear end. Ive shot planes down with the IL2s top turret MG. And if you need more then 8 0.50s in noseguns to shoot down an enemy you got problems. Its by far the better attacker/medium bomber if your intent is to engage enemy airplanes. Of course the IL2 is not even in the bomber hangar anymore, with F3, cause, cause, cause why ?

Cause its such an outstanding fighter plane?  :lol
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »

The A20 will be just as effective w/o F3 mode

I challenge that thinking!  :t

All you have to do is compare the "air to air" kills of the IL2 "before and after" the change, you will find F3 matters greatly for any plane!

If HTC would disable F3 for all planes with fwd firing guns for 1 tour you'd see a sharp decline in their kills and use <-- this would prove the value of F3  IMHO

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:54 PM »
The only thing I use F3 for is to look at the 3D models of my bombers as I do a long flight, so I'd miss it for that though

I also only use F3 for that reason. Now, I use it in the A20 and JU87 only for divebombing. So I dont think it needs to go.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »

All you have to do is compare the "air to air" kills of the IL2 "before and after" the change, you will find F3 matters greatly for any plane!

JUGgler

NO F3 for IL-2, then no F3 for the A-20, It might of been "attack" but it doesn't need F3 view then.
JG 52

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »

If HTC would disable F3 for all planes with fwd firing guns for 1 tour you'd see a sharp decline in their kills and use <-- this would prove the value of F3  IMHO

JUGgler

your test would be flawed,you first have to move il2 back to bomber hanger,simply because when FH are porked the only 2 good choices are il2 and A20 for base defence.

who the hell is going to roll a il2 when you can roll  hurricanes. then see if il2 kills go back up.

as for declines in A-20 kills with no f3, i,ll gladly take that challange,wont make a hill of beans in my kill #s

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »

JUGgler
Lets not limit our selves to just forward firing aircraft that use f3 mode then shall we.

Lets do it for rearward firing as well. :aok

Especially since the AR-234B never had rear guns to begin with. :bolt:

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
wil3r

Kind of getting tired of the personal attacks. I'm not a dweeb and I'm not a bad fighter pilot.
I'm not saying I'm a great fighter pilot but I can hold my own. I'm not blaming my getting shot down by a ac, on the f3 mode. I'm saying the A20 and ju88 both are very unrealistic in f3 mode. Your example of flying against cobia in a zeke vrs a a20 is a prime example of what I'm taliking about. Your a good fighter I've fought you and won some and lost some. :cheers: There is no way he should have even been able to put guns on you unless you overshot him and you say he had smash on ya so I can assume that didn't happen.

As far as how f3 Improves those AC its in the SA I don't think shooting from it is very practical but I've herd that there are some who do it well. When I first started this game I had a guy show me how to bomb from the f3 mode. Oh and the what are we going to use for base defense argument, when was the A20 ever used as base defense on a caped field in the real world?