Author Topic: 12 Hour side switching...again  (Read 3431 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 12 Hour side switching...again
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 04:32:57 AM »
Not sure what HTC's motive behind using the 12 hour side switch rule. But as far as I am concerned, it has taken away more than it has given. I would like to see the old 1 hour rule re-instituted.

I spoke to Hitech via PM and honestly I think the reason he did it was simply because it was that way before the arena split, and seemed a bit perplexed that I or others would switch that frequently during the course of a session playing.

The fact is the majority of people think it was a kind of a nudge nudge wink wink way of stopping cheating by people spying. On the regular side switchers this is a concession to the paranoid masses (my opinion) and to the non switchers its a validation that they are not paranoid and the guy who runs the game recognises this by his actions.

I decided I would give it a go and see how it goes, personally there still is the whining paranoia when someone sees your id on a different country but the whole effect is I have to fly further and for longer to find a fight, or I have to participate in the kind of horde furball action that kills my frame rate. An unforeseen consequence of this has also been squads switching en mass to different countries (for whatever reason?) which is also creating an imbalance.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
bunnies back when you were a pig, I played with you many a night and you have never switched to help the low side, I still remember when we used to switch sides no matter what eny it was and it was never to help the low side, it was always when it was convenient for us to get kills and that was it.  many times we switched from knights to rooks even as rooks had more numbers if it would guaranteed us more kills.

No, you're wrong, I switched to chase the largest red dar bar. That doesn't always equate to the side with the least numbers but it does it often correlates to a side with the lesser numbers. As for being bish for a while, well thats because my squaddies were bish, but before the switch time change, we would frequently switch sides, I even remember one instance we took a base, switched sides and took the base back, just to start a fight.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:38:15 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »
No, you're wrong, I switched to chase the largest red dar bar. That doesn't always equate to the side with the least numbers but it does it often correlates to a side with the lesser numbers. As for being bish for a while, well thats because my squaddies were bish, but before the switch time change, we would frequently switch sides, I even remember one instance we took a base, switched sides and took the base back, just to start a fight.

no homeboy ever since you switched to the muppets you have played bishops every night even when they had a higher eny (well not every night,l but you know what i mean),  nothing wrong with that, but it just shows you that back when you had the 2 hour time limit  you still stayed as a bishop.  again nothing wrong with that, but it just shows you that you are not really telling the truth.

you complain about not being able to switch due to the 12 hour time limit is misleading as you never switched back when you had a 2 hour time limit.  if you had, you would have been with us trying to stop the vtards as we did every night after 12 am for months.  after all they did caused the biggest red bar anywhere at that time.  but you never did.

bunnies you and a couple of other muppets always played bishops after midnight regardless of eny (syntax check) nothing wrong with that as we had some pretty good fights.  but I find it hilarious for you guys to say that you cant change due to 12 hour time limit when before you hardly did.  specially you bunnies as usually when I log you are almost always a bishop.

nothing wrong with you guys wanting to switch at will actually I support that, but you guys give misleading facts for wanting to switch.  what I am against is other people taking advantage of the 2 hour time switch to go from horde to horde.

really annoying seeing the same people switching from rooks to knights to bishops depending on who's hording at the time.  you guys may not horde, but if you were to realize that most people do switch to horde then you would not be so lazy as to pay attention and know when to switch to have good fights.

so see you guys next month when you post another misleading thread  :salute  :bolt:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »
what I am against is other people taking advantage of the 2 hour time switch to go from horde to horde.

So then you should be in support of the suggestions I posted, instead of posting all this cr*p.

1) Let you switch whenever you want
2) Charge you perks to switch to the high numbered side
3) Make ENY more severe
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
So then you should be in support of the suggestions I posted, instead of posting all this cr*p.

sure as long as you guarantee that the other players wont switch to go from horde to horde to horde as they did before.

semp

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
sure as long as you guarantee that the other players wont switch to go from horde to horde to horde as they did before.

semp

oh and for the record...

you would have been with us trying to stop the vtards as we did every night after 12 am for months.  after all they did caused the biggest red bar anywhere at that time.  but you never did.

is utter BS, ask any Vtard esp vAugering

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »
oh and for the record...

is utter BS, ask any Vtard esp vAugering

you mean it was bs that the vtards were hording every night?

semp

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
you mean it was bs that the vtards were hording every night?

semp

no, your claim that I never up to stop them.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
no, your claim that I never up to stop them.

my bad all those nights of us fighting you at a base that the vtards had just taken got me confused.  like I said, you mostly played bishop back in the 2 hour switch days nights.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 04:42:17 PM »
Anyone else have any more pop corn? I'm all out and it looks like the "children" are going to be at this for a bit longer.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »
Anyone else have any more pop corn? I'm all out and it looks like the "children" are going to be at this for a bit longer.

I went to whiskey! semps distorted reality has forced me to drink to make some kind of sense to what she says!

I would still like to "switch at will" :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »
Why make it cost perks?  What does that have to do with anything?

Wiley.

Well IMHO I believe charging perks would help mitigate those folks who would use it simply for nefarious reasons, at some point they will simply run out of perks. The internal "cheat squad" argument would go something like this

Hey "insert name" go bish and find that cv

:Umm I dont have enough perks, you go

:Umm I'm not waisting perks on that!

:What the h3ll, I've done it the last 4 nights, it's your turn.

:Nope I've only got 230 perks, I will not waist them for that.

:Well that's great, why don't you go &^$ yourself then, I'm out   

:devil

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
Well IMHO I believe charging perks would help mitigate those folks who would use it simply for nefarious reasons, at some point they will simply run out of perks. The internal "cheat squad" argument would go something like this

I switch side for one of two reasons

A) squadies arent on and i want to gv and either bish or nits have better or just have GV battles that the rooks dont
B) Im out of perks and i need to build some so i go to the lowest # side.

I completely disagree with it costing perks. I do agree with the limit being reduced to 2-4hrs though as 12hrs is just plain old stupid.

Isnt there an hour rule for winning the war? maybe that can be lengthened to 2-3hrs so people wont be switching to get the win points.

As for cheating, first off, its already pathetic that some have to cheat to play a freaking online game, but this rule hasnt changed anything. I know for a fact that the are dedicated spys for certain squads. I had a mission about 2-3 weeks ago going, the main mission was climbing out to the east while the goons and a 17 formation went south then east. As it turned out the spy was in the main mission since he was letting friendlies get jumped even though he was 200 off the attacking planes, but never fired a round. He also gave the locations of the goons and 17 to his squadies. I was in the 17's and we never popped a dar, yet, the squad that attacked us (the whole squad attacked our mission) dove out of 10k onto 3 noe planes.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
Isnt there an hour rule for winning the war?

Yep, it's 12 hours on the "winning" side to get those precious perks.  Hmmmm...coincidence?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:03 AM »
first all of you want to change the time to 12 hours...now you want to change it back to 1 hour....

not suprised.