Author Topic: 12 Hour side switching...again  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: 12 Hour side switching...again
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
They should do the following...

1) Let you switch whenever you want
2) Charge you perks to switch to the high numbered side
3) Make ENY more severe
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »
Many variations are possible. And 99% of them are better than the current system.
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 03:38:53 AM »
"Please, sir, I want some more."

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
How about changing the side switching down to 1-2 hours, but also making so you can only change to the lower 2 sides of the 3 way war.
Yes, there will be occasions that you'll not be able to join your squad on the high side, but it's just more reason to convince your squad to come join you!
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
I have a suggestion, how about a sort of ratchet system, allowing people to switch to the lowest side whenever they wish, but they can only switch back to a higher side after a fixed time. Would that not maintain balance, allow some freedom to find good fights and prevent a majority side from winning through sheer numbers joining?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
The ratchet system idea is what I figure it should be.  Always able to go to the low number side, 1-2 hours in between switches to go to one of the higher countries.  If all country populations are within 5% or so of each other,  1-2 hours across the board.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 11:24:31 PM »
How about it stays 2 hours and aces high will randomly assign one of the other two sides when you want to switch.

Rolling the dice.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
How about "switch at will", charge perks to do so, "AND" you can fly only 20-25eny or worse planes and NO bombs for the next hour?

Seems fair to me then the "loyal" folks can bask in the knowledge that those who switch are being modestly punished for it.  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
How about it stays 2 hours and aces high will randomly assign one of the other two sides when you want to switch.

Rolling the dice.

no

How about "switch at will", charge perks to do so, "AND" you can fly only 20-25eny or worse planes and NO bombs for the next hour?

Seems fair to me then the "loyal" folks can bask in the knowledge that those who switch are being modestly punished for it.  :aok

JUGgler

yes

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »
Why make it cost perks?  What does that have to do with anything?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »

no

yes

Funny......I was the first to suggest charging perks to switch sides.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
Not sure what HTC's motive behind using the 12 hour side switch rule. But as far as I am concerned, it has taken away more than it has given. I would like to see the old 1 hour rule re-instituted.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
Honestly Wiley who cares what you think?

This is flat as a dumb idea
-1 :bolt:

oh and because you guys can't keep secrets when ya change sides.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:23:06 PM by surfinn »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 03:06:23 AM »
If ENY is to balance the effectiveness of having more numbers, then its not strong enough.

If ENY is to encourage people to switch to the low numbered side, then the 12 hour side switch rule retards that.

If the 12 hour side switch rule was to keep numbers more stable (ie people not switching to the 'winning side', then its failed. As recently, almost every night ~12 am PST, a point is reached when the bish have almost half as many people as the rooks.

Basically, whatever game play mechanic that is to encourage balanced sides is failing, if that's ENY, then its not enough, if its the side switch time, then it hasn't worked.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 04:23:49 AM »
If ENY is to balance the effectiveness of having more numbers, then its not strong enough.

If ENY is to encourage people to switch to the low numbered side, then the 12 hour side switch rule retards that.

If the 12 hour side switch rule was to keep numbers more stable (ie people not switching to the 'winning side', then its failed. As recently, almost every night ~12 am PST, a point is reached when the bish have almost half as many people as the rooks.

Basically, whatever game play mechanic that is to encourage balanced sides is failing, if that's ENY, then its not enough, if its the side switch time, then it hasn't worked.

and yet a couple of months ago when the vtards/alcoholics were bishops and had twice as many as as the other two countries combined, you still were playing with the bishops.  actually every night I log you are mostly playing with the bishops, just like you have for a long time.

bunnies back when you were a pig, I played with you many a night and you have never switched to help the low side, I still remember when we used to switch sides no matter what eny it was and it was never to help the low side, it was always when it was convenient for us to get kills and that was it.  many times we switched from knights to rooks even as rooks had more numbers if it would guaranteed us more kills.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.