Author Topic: Sudden spike in discos  (Read 1338 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Sudden spike in discos
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

18! 18 Discos! Ah! Ah! Ah! (Plus a few that didn't get counted because it discoed as soon as I entered the MA.)

Seriously, wtf is going on here? I know I'm not the only one having these problems either. Several squad mates are suffering from chronic discos too.

You have a crappy connection to the internet, like a few friends of yours, that's it.

The internet changes all the time. ISPs switch services when the money is right, NOT because it's a better service. Sunspots, weather any where along the path to HTC or back can all cause issues. None of whish HTC can solve (their good, but not THAT good  :D )

It is not a wide spread issue. I know my connection has been fine. I know that doesn't help you but pushing HTC for answers/solutions isn't going to help either. Best bet is to keep hounding your ISP. If they refuse to help, it may be time to switch ISP companies.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
Skuzzy is so smart.  :) :rock  :salute

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 06:05:46 AM »
Anyone near the East coast of the U.S. is going ot be having problems.  The telecommunications infrastructure took a beating with that hurricane that blew through there.  It is going to be a while before that is all corrected.  During the time it is being worked on things will not work as well as they would under normal circumstances.

I would expect problems to be ongoing for a few months.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
Anyone near the East coast of the U.S. is going ot be having problems.  The telecommunications infrastructure took a beating with that hurricane that blew through there.  It is going to be a while before that is all corrected.  During the time it is being worked on things will not work as well as they would under normal circumstances.

I would expect problems to be ongoing for a few months.

in florida up to 15 discos this month on brighthouse 10meg download cable
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
Nothing about problems with anyone living on or near the East coast of the U.S. surprises me at all.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
Well I live on the west coast and I have been discoed 28 times in the last 10 days or so I have about 230 sorties, That is about a 12% failure rate and it just started. Doing a trace the problem seems to be the last hop before the gateway to the game

I had the isp tech out once this week on Monday and they replaced all my cables and the drop from the pole. They are coming back today and plan on tracing my line for the next week or 2. On there last trip they said my connection is sterling.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
And one more time.....

When the last, or near the last hop, of a trace or Ping Plot shows problems, the problem is actually on the return trip from the server you are hitting.  Traces, nor Ping Plot, can show the retun path in cases where the return path is different from the path to the server.  This will always be the case with our servers, as AT&T has a fully asynchronous route for inbound and outbound data.

I ran a trace back to you Mega, and found the problem is between XO and Cox.  Having your local connection worked on is not going to solve the problem.  The problem is in Cox's network itself.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
And one more time.....

When the last, or near the last hop, of a trace or Ping Plot shows problems, the problem is actually on the return trip from the server you are hitting.  Traces, nor Ping Plot, can show the retun path in cases where the return path is different from the path to the server.  This will always be the case with our servers, as AT&T has a fully asynchronous route for inbound and outbound data.

I ran a trace back to you Mega, and found the problem is between XO and Cox.  Having your local connection worked on is not going to solve the problem.  The problem is in Cox's network itself.

If that the case they will find it today. I didn't have the connection worked on They are tracking the problem, and these are the 1st steps they make. The fella that operates the node is a nice guy and I'm sure the will clear up my end even if I need rerouting.

I will relay what he says later

Thanx for your input
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »
I never had disco's before the Hurri, but now maybe 1 or 2 a night now... :-/  Oh yeah, I live on the East coast...A hurricane is much better than a F5 tornado any day!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
I never had disco's before the Hurri, but now maybe 1 or 2 a night now... :-/  Oh yeah, I live on the East coast...A hurricane is much better than a F5 tornado any day!

LOL!!! we had an F3 and then the hurricane about 8 weeks apart here in New England. Of course by the time the hurricane made it to us it had petered out a lot.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 05:19:02 AM »
I have had 23 discos the past week. Last tour had one. Cable guy has been out twice says I have a great connection but he did replace my modem and added a filter on one tv that had what he called noise in the signal. Gonna give it a couple days to see.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 03:37:40 PM »
woo hoo no disco in 2 days

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
well crap 6 times today, 4 times in one hour.