Author Topic: Korea  (Read 1889 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Korea
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:40:24 AM »
Please? MiG v Sabre was the end/beginning of an era. The GV's would be a nice upgrade, too.  :pray
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Korea
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:04:09 AM »
Please? MiG v Sabre was the end/beginning of an era. The GV's would be a nice upgrade, too.  :pray
I have a feeling that a Korean Arena WAS in the making, but after seeing how ww1 didnt really take off, HTC is a bit shy to put there time&resources into creating another arena that may not get much attenchian.

But, we do have most the incrediants needed for a korean arena.

-We have the b29. American korean-era bomber. Would only take a bit of tweeking to turn it into the TU-4 for the russians.

-Have the t34, along with the Shermans for korean GV's. all we now need is the pershing.

-Have the corsairs and ponies. Just need the right models for Korea.

-From a screenshot of "hitechs garage" back when the b29 was developed, in the background you could see a mig and sabre hanging from the ceiling. So they already have them modeled. Which is the reason why i think a korean arena was on its way. Hitech most likely wanted to create a ww1 and korea era to mimic fighter ace and attempt to attract its crowd to AH. But like i said above, WW1 didnt really take off.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »
You forgot that we have a Korea map also

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:46 AM »
But, we do have most the incrediants needed for a korean arena.

-We have the b29. American korean-era bomber. Would only take a bit of tweeking to turn it into the TU-4 for the russians.

-Have the t34, along with the Shermans for korean GV's. all we now need is the pershing.

-Have the corsairs and ponies. Just need the right models for Korea.

The Chinese didn't receive the Tu-4 until the late 1950's, after the Korean War and besides, the Tu-4 never saw combat.

Hitech most likely wanted to create a ww1 and korea era to mimic fighter ace and attempt to attract its crowd to AH. But like i said above, WW1 didnt really take off.

When the WW1 arena was announced, it was before FA even announced it was going to close down and HiTech stated the WW1 arena's main intention was to use it as a defacto test server that they can test new things before rolling them out to the main arenas.   

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
Gah. No.  It's the prop planes that brought me here, not the jets.  -1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
There could be a jet arena with the already existing sabre/mig15, but hey, whats the point in it? How many people are flying in the (otherwise fun) ww1?
AoM
City of ice

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
it would be full of "vroom vroom hotard spixteen" squeakers...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:48 AM »
it would be full of "vroom vroom hotard spixteen" squeakers...

I wouldn't say "full".
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
I'm drooling thinking about a Korea Arena....... I NEED THIS!!!  :eek:  :x  :banana:  :joystick:
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
I'm drooling thinking about a Korea Arena....... I NEED THIS!!!  :eek:  :x  :banana:  :joystick:
You want to play in a US Air Force F-86 fratricide arena?  Well, ok, to each their own.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 02:00:34 AM »
Look, it's not that I'm counting on an uber-aircraft dominated arena, I just love that era of warfare, thats all. Would love to see the aircraft modeled in such a good online sim such as this one.
"INCOMING"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 02:02:00 AM »
You want to play in a US Air Force F-86 fratricide arena?  Well, ok, to each their own.

That would depend which model Sabre was put in.  If its the earlier Sabres (A and B) then you'd probably see the majority of the players in MiG 15s and if it's either the E or F model Saber then you'd probably see a light perk on the E and a larger one on the F.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:02:37 AM »

What's wrong with that? It's not like they are super cool futuristic airplanes, we have airplanes that are 65 years old, with Korean war arena we'll have airplanes that are 60 years old.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »
That would depend which model Sabre was put in.  If its the earlier Sabres (A and B) then you'd probably see the majority of the players in MiG 15s and if it's either the E or F model Saber then you'd probably see a light perk on the E and a larger one on the F.

ack-ack

We can balance it out with ENY and perks (as you said), or we can make it AvA style.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »
There's a whole lot that can be added... enough to certainly satisfy many in my opinion. As said, different variations and ENY will help out. I think this idea need to stop getting crapped on by some. This has EPIC FUN potential written all over it. Yes AH is a WWII sim, and some just want it to stay that way. Fine, you have the arenas for it. But learn to share and expand into something new, and not necessarily so radical. A Korea theatre dosen't change much in tactics. Some lame 262 fights in the LW shouldn't be used to pass judgement, because there are numerous accounts of white knuckle, near-blackout fights from the war.

Sorry the digression, but wanted to cover some things ahead of time that I think others would trying and flak this with  :salute  :cheers:  :old:
"INCOMING"